hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc

Well Done 12th Man

I was hoping to come up for this game but unfortunately i was unable, however passed the 4 tickets to my Dad.

My dad doesnt really support anyone, Celtic are his "team" but he has a soft spot for hibs after having season tickets with me etc.

He has literally just come off the phone, BUZZING. He said to me "You would of loved it, they were singing from the moment the game started to the end"

He does like seeing hibs win but ive never heard him so buzzing about it. He also took his Partner and 2 kids. (who are "jambos")....He told me even they were joining in with the shoes off if you hate the hearts etc.

So well done to the 12th Man, this is exactly what today was about.

Hibs can count 2 new young hibbys (They are 6 and 12) and my Dad has said he will be attending more often.

Keep this up and no doubt we will have a full house VERY soon (Maybe for a certain game in early april? )
    :cgwa:cgwa

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Just back and the atmosphere was fantastic...

A lot more positivity around the players and crowd now...

Well done CC for turning around...

:cgwa :cgwa :cgwa

great atmosphere!

SHOES OFF IF YOU HATE THE HEARTS! :cgwa:cgwa

Hibs12thMan
    Left by mutual consent!
    Well Done HIBS 12th Man

Soooperb and well done to everyone. Thank you.

:cgwa

I believe that Hibs will win

First Team Breakthrough .Whitey.'s Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: whitey1875
    Great support today - yet again! It gets better every week

Can't wait till Tuesday!

I believe that hibs will win

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs12thMan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well Done HIBS 12th Man

Soooperb and well done to everyone. Thank you.

:cgwa

I believe that Hibs will win
    Overheard couple of guys (who I think were returning Hibbys) at the bus stop on the way home saying what a terrific support it was and how impressed they were with the 12th man. Craig Reid (Proclaimers) didn't say much as he boarded the number 7 on the way to a meet.

Great to see calderwood on the park at the end over at the east.

Can tell that the players are absolutely loving their football at ER.

New guys especially must be well pleased to be playing and winning in front of such a great support.

How many times would opposing teams have come back into it with 20 mins to go. If it wasn't for the support nerves may well have got the better of the team. The crowd showed that they were relaxed and confident, not edgy and nervy and that came across from the performance

can we have a 'shoes off' smiley?

@hibs.net private member
    Good atmosphere today but why sing about hearts constantly? Also can we not have a song for Jimmy Scott he was my MOM today.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Good atmosphere today but why sing about hearts constantly? Also can we not have a song for Jimmy Scott he was my MOM today.
    We don't.

Seriously. Well impressed with Jimmy Scott. Excellent addition to the team.

First home game since the derby and it was superb. The atmosphere certainly seems to be every bit as good as the old east, both my shoes were well and truly off!

Can't wait to see Booths goal again. Looked a raker from where I was

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

Some of them could do with learning the words to Sunshine on Leith though

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa
    is that the support from today gradually going to what it was a few weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Sean get a haircut

:cgwa:cgwa
    Good photies

Top drawer today!

Not only did the rest of the fans take encouragement from the singing section, but the singing section seemed to take encouragement from their effect on the rest of the fans.

The Hibs players seemed motivated by the noise and ICT looked intimidated by it.

I had a free ticket today and was in the section next to the singing section. Definitely considering a season ticket in the singing section next season.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    The 12th man was once again incredible today.

Thought we were brilliant today. I am actually hoarse from what seemed to be non-stop singing. It is also great fun especially some of the chants - "west stand, west stand give us a wave" to which there were hundreds of fans waving back, and the sit, down, stand up, shoes off, if you hate the jambos was really quite amusing. It certainly got the whole ground buzzing

Can I also say a big thanks to the guys who spent the time putting up all the flags before the game. Really looked impressive.

@hibs.net private member hibeenicol's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll nicol ll
    I thought the west stand done well today by taking their hands out their pockets and giving us a wave!!!!

@hibs.net private member hibeenicol's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll nicol ll
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Did you join in?

Quote Originally Posted by hibeenicol View Post
    I thought the west stand done well today by taking their hands out their pockets and giving us a wave!!!!
    Especially as they were probably spending so much time admiring the real fans in the East. Some of those deluded West Standers actually think that they are part of the 12th man.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The West started a few songs in the second half, i noticed. The 12th man is lifting the rest of the ground IMO, its good to see.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeenicol View Post
    They were taking their hands out of their pockets to cup their ears to hear all this fantastic singing and noise that the 12th man is supposedly making.

Don't get me wrong, I love an atmosphere at a match, and that is certainly improving at ER with each home game, but I think quite a number of people posting on here either stand in the singing section or very near it and the noise to you guys will sound phenomenal whereas in other parts of the ground, unless a big, big number in the East are singing, its just a bit of white noise.

I thought the atmosphere at the St Mirren game was great but that's because I was sitting near to all the singing, I don't know what it sounded like at the other end of the pitch.

Yes, we need to keep the momentum going and get the other stands to join in a lot lot more but I'm not sure if that will ever happen. Just please see it from another perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    They were taking their hands out of their pockets to cup their ears to hear all this fantastic singing and noise that the 12th man is supposedly making.

Don't get me wrong, I love an atmosphere at a match, and that is certainly improving at ER with each home game, but I think quite a number of people posting on here either stand in the singing section or very near it and the noise to you guys will sound phenomenal whereas in other parts of the ground, unless a big, big number in the East are singing, its just a bit of white noise.

I thought the atmosphere at the St Mirren game was great but that's because I was sitting near to all the singing, I don't know what it sounded like at the other end of the pitch.

Yes, we need to keep the momentum going and get the other stands to join in a lot lot more but I'm not sure if that will ever happen. Just please see it from another perspective.

Sounded brilliant from where I was sitting in the FF

What game were you at today

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft

The players seemed to hear it fine watching the way the all headed towards the East at the end.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

How's about turning the volume up on your radio.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Reply to the last 3 posts.
    You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.
    I know quite a number of folk who have been saying similar things to me, although I'm the only one who has the bottle to post it because of the reaction you get on here for daring to say anything against the 12th man.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    The players seemed to hear it fine watching the way the all headed towards the East at the end.
    Which is what they do at the end of each game at ER when we win.

Reply to the last 3 posts.
    You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.
    I know quite a number of folk who have been saying similar things to me, although I'm the only one who has the bottle to post it because of the reaction you get on here for daring to say anything against the 12th man.

Some folk just like a reaction though

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    How's about turning the volume up on your radio.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    Some folk just like a reaction though
    Sorry Susan, but you are very wrong. I'll agree that I've posted things previously, to perhaps get a reaction, as do a number of folk on here. This was not posted to get a reaction, it was posted because I wanted to post it, as its my point of view. Which is the whole point of a forum is it not?