hibs.net Messageboard

That damn Motherwell pitch again

How lucky were St Midden last night? Quote from the Scotsman

Higdon made an immediate impact in the 81st minute, but Motherwell goalkeeper Darren Randolph was left cursing the state of the Fir Park pitch after the striker's shot bounced off a divot and over his hand. Only 3 points behind us now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Look on the positives, not St Mirren three points closer, but we are now one game closer to the 'well. Only looking up not down.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look on the positives, not St Mirren three points closer, but we are now one game closer to the 'well. Only looking up not down.
    Agree with you totally.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    If our players are of the right stuff, this should only act as motivation to them to give 100% on Saturday against ICT.

Besides - poetic justice, ho ho ho. It's about time that buncha chancers suffered for the state of their pitch. European aspirations? - that pig-sty they call Fir Park must be the second biggest embarrassment of a ground in the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    If our players are of the right stuff, this should only act as motivation to them to give 100% on Saturday against ICT.

Besides - poetic justice, ho ho ho. It's about time that buncha chancers suffered for the state of their pitch. European aspirations? - that pig-sty they call Fir Park must be the second biggest embarrassment of a ground in the SPL.
    Do you think that was the catalyst that made Boyle stand down as Chairman? Apparaently he's lost 10 million to propping up that dump.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm not sure why anyone's bothered about St Mirren winning? Relegation will not happen, we should be looking up not down.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post

Was just about to post the same thing, Doddie - if they get punished for the state of their pitch, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone's bothered about St Mirren winning? Relegation will not happen, we should be looking up not down.
    I agree with the first sentence. It doesn't matter what other teams do, we just have to keep getting points ourselves.
    I'll wait until we have beaten Hamilton before fully agreeing with the second sentence.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I agree with the first sentence. It doesn't matter what other teams do, we just have to keep getting points ourselves.
    I'll wait until we have beaten Hamilton before fully agreeing with the second sentence.
    Have a bit of faith man.

Quote Originally Posted by salinehibs View Post
    How lucky were St Midden last night? Quote from the Scotsman

Higdon made an immediate impact in the 81st minute, but Motherwell goalkeeper Darren Randolph was left cursing the state of the Fir Park pitch after the striker's shot bounced off a divot and over his hand. Only 3 points behind us now.
    How can their pitch always be in a terrible state? They have ripped it up and relaid it more times than any other team in the last few years. Having said that, ours in looking a bit shoddy at the moment but a million times better than the surface at Fir Park.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    How can their pitch always be in a terrible state? They have ripped it up and relaid it more times than any other team in the last few years. Having said that, ours in looking a bit shoddy at the moment but a million times better than the surface at Fir Park.

They claim is. because of the winter weather in North Lanarkshire.

Oddly enough, I've seen both Airdrie's pitch at New Broomfield and Albion Rovers' pitch at Cliftonhill, and neither are in anything like the state of Fir Park. And neither of those clubs have the resources of Motherwell.

Testimonial Due
    Not ideal that St M got all the points, a draw would have been the best result for us. The only thing I am glad to see is the pitch costing Motherwell points. I would hope that happens every home game, as to be honest every team has had to suffer the impacts of it, especially over the last few seasons.

The vast majority of times it seems to go in Motherwells favour, so I am sure it will make them more points than it will lose them unfortunately.