hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

"I'm a Rangers boy now" Thomson sells his soul!

Alot of people think he had already but his comments in the Daily Record today confirm it.

"obviously i'm a Rangers boy now"

Ridiculous comment to make considering he was never shy of puntin the fact that he was a Hibs fan 'through and through' when he played at Easter Road.

Here's to leg break number 4..

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanksSaidNo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alot of people think he had already but his comments in the Daily Record today confirm it.

"obviously i'm a Rangers boy now"

Ridiculous comment to make considering he was never shy of puntin the fact that he was a Hibs fan 'through and through' when he played at Easter Road.

Here's to leg break number 4..
    Aye but it's not really his fault that things appear in the DR under his name. Always been someone else's fault, apparently, and this will be too.

Was he not banging on about Hibs still being his team shortly after signing for Middlesbrough?

Strange man.

This guy is never a Hibs fan in a million years and I don't care what anyone says.

The fact that he ever played for, and captained, Hibs makes me feel sick.

Most of our ex-players will be made more than welcome back at Easter Road in years to come, long after they've retired but if it was up to me, Thomson would never be allowed to set foot in Easter Road ever again. Michael Stewart would probably be made more welcome than Thomson.

I'm just thankful that he left the club before we won the cup in '07. Seeing him in all of the pictures from that day, lifting the cup, would have left a really bad taste in the mouth.

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    he's really just a disgusting little prick. I put him in the same category as Lennon, Barry Ferguson and Paul Hartley for dislikeability ( i know its not a word but hey ho)

Will never get close to the first rung of the 'legend ladder'.

No loss to the Hibernian family.

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    Was he not banging on about Hibs still being his team shortly after signing for Middlesbrough?

Strange man.
    Yes.

Tin hat on here, but taken in context all he is stating is that he has a preference for Rangers over Celtic - given he played for them this is hardly a surprise.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: O7 titch 62
    Cant stand the little cretin but whats the chances this has been taken out of context in an interview when asked who he wants to win in the bigotfest

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This guy is never a Hibs fan in a million years and I don't care what anyone says.

The fact that he ever played for, and captained, Hibs makes me feel sick.

Most of our ex-players will be made more than welcome back at Easter Road in years to come, long after they've retired but if it was up to me, Thomson would never be allowed to set foot in Easter Road ever again. Michael Stewart would probably be made more welcome than Thomson.

I'm just thankful that he left the club before we won the cup in '07. Seeing him in all of the pictures from that day, lifting the cup, would have left a really bad taste in the mouth.
    Get over yerself man. He's played for Rangers and would prefer them to beat Celtic which is perfectly understandable.

I read the same about Iain Murray and Derek Riordan when they played in Glasgow on here, if Thomson came back at some point I'd be delighted as as a footballer I think he would be an asset.

But you don't care what anyone says so crack on with your vile tirade against someone who is a Hibs fan, was instrumental during the Mowbray era and juts so happens to have played for another team that you so obviously despise. It makes me sick to hear and read about how vile our own supporters can be towards anyone who played for the club, you probably applauded when a Hibs fan spat on Kenny Miller upon his return to Easter Road to watch Hibs one day as well did you?

Maybe have another wee read at this article from a more respected daily newspaper.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Satu...on-.6462576.jp
    Last edited by PaulSmith; 18-02-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's a little prick anyway, he'd be well suited tae that team.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 18-02-2011 at 01:25 PM.

On his twitter account he always wishes Hibs well and never has an issue with them ?

As for people wishing him another leg break - pretty sick

If we're being strict about it, he's a 'treatment table man', as that was where he spent most his time during both his ER and Ibrox spells. He seems set to maintain this remarkably consistent record at Middlesboro, and in his subsequent career at Darlington, Hartlepool, Falkirk and East Fife.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    On his twitter account he always wishes Hibs well and never has an issue with them ?

As for people wishing him another leg break - pretty sick
    He doesn't IMO, but that's the madness of the message boards eh.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    He doesn't IMO, but that's the madness of the message boards eh.
    Message boards love a good witch hunt.

I remember the abuse Ian Murray used to get on here

Look even recently at the rumour about Liam Miller going to the yams

People believe too much what they read sometimes

Thomsons the worst of the worst. Euucchhh.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Worst Hibs captain ever.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Worst Hibs captain ever.
    Are you forgetting John Rankin?

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Are you forgetting John Rankin?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Worst Hibs captain ever.
    Without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Yes.

Tin hat on here, but taken in context all he is stating is that he has a preference for Rangers over Celtic - given he played for them this is hardly a surprise.
    Thats how I read it. My, some folk are very easily upset

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    ThomsHUN is THE most despicable man ever to have the privelage of playing for our club. No amount of backtracking will change that. I hope he never sets foot in ER again.

I see he named his son Jackson.........homage to his mouth piece Keith?

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Yes.

You're spot on, obviously.

If Scott Brown said he preferred Celtic over Rangers, we'd still have folk taking part in the next 'Scotty Brown love-in' that's due in a month or two.

Get over yerself man. He's played for Rangers and would prefer them to beat Celtic which is perfectly understandable.

I read the same about Iain Murray and Derek Riordan when they played in Glasgow on here, if Thomson came back at some point I'd be delighted as as a footballer I think he would be an asset.

But you don't care what anyone says so crack on with your vile tirade against someone who is a Hibs fan, was instrumental during the Mowbray era and juts so happens to have played for another team that you so obviously despise. It makes me sick to hear and read about how vile our own supporters can be towards anyone who played for the club, you probably applauded when a Hibs fan spat on Kenny Miller upon his return to Easter Road to watch Hibs one day as well did you?

Maybe have another wee read at this article from a more respected daily newspaper.

I don't actually know where to begin with the nonsense you have written in bold.

Please tell me which part of my original post on this thread was "vile" because if you consider any part of that as "vile" then our definition of that word differs greatly.

As for your supposition that I would be happy to have seen someone spit on Kenny Miller. That is just ridiculous, completely without foundation and actually borders on being libellous.

I do not recall any spitting incident involving a Hibs fan and Kenny Miller (not surprising since I was only about 11 or 12 when he left Hibs) but if it did happen then it is wrong, filthy and absolutely unacceptable.

And, by the way, despite my feelings towards Kevin Thomson, it would be wrong, filthy and absolutely unacceptable if someone did it to him too.

I do not like the guy, I don't consider him to be a Hibs fan but I have never joined in with the cries of "I hope you break your leg" or "I hope you have your career ended". THAT could be thought of as vile. Saying that I wouldn't welcome him back at Easter Road or that I'm glad he left by the time we won the League Cup in '07 is far from being vile and I think it's a reasonable reaction to hearing/reading the kind of quotes that have been attributed to him in the months leading up to his departure from Hibs and in the 4 years since he left as well.

And as for your assumption that I'm only saying that because he left for Rangers, "a team I so obviously despise". That is another untruth in a long list of untruths in your post. Steven Whittaker would be welcomed back by me at Easter Road any time to do a half time draw at Easter Road etc, once he's retired or moved on to another country (I don't think it's appropriate for an ex-player who still plays in Scotland to come back in that way).

I dislike Kevin Thomson because of the way he's gone about his business in the past 4 years, it has very little to do with the fact that he went to Rangers. I would be saying exactly the same if he was making those kind of comments as an ex-Celtic player and, in fact, if you have read any of my posts on the subject of the Old Firm you would know that I actually hold a slightly greater contempt and dislike for Celtic than I do for Rangers, although I admit it is a closely run contest.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    That is just ridiculous, completely without foundation and actually borders on being libellous.
    You might want to take what folk say on here a little less seriously. Someone once called me a ****ing c**k-****ing c***y ****stain on here and I got less upset about it than you did about someone saying you might have applauded once.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Personally hope the wee prick breaks his leg again, whether people find that sick or not.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

First time I've read that, and its quite a good read.
    He has to realise why the Hibs fans despise him tho. It wasnt anyone else that wrote his DR column.
    I certainly dont wish any harm on the guy, and as an ever fickle football fan, if he ever came back to ER as a Hibs player, as long as he gave 100%, I would back him.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Personally hope the wee prick breaks his leg again, whether people find that sick or not.
    Why would you hate somebody that much?

What has he done to your personally?

I think the real thing about Thomson, is that he's a little bit of an approval seeking crowd-pleaser. He obviously was (is) a Hibs fan growing up. But when he signed for the Huns, he was bit pathetic and too eager to please his new employers. Going to Boro he does an interview with Hibs fan Aidan Smith, where he goes on about how he's really still a Hibs fan, now in the weedgie Record, with a Hun journo, he's back to being True Blue again.

Anybody who knows KT can't be surprised at this. He's a bit like that Paul Whitehouse character from The Fast Show, the chap in the pub who does those obvious u-turns to ingratiate himself to whoever is holding the floor at the time.

It's not a particularly endearing characteristic, and it doesn't give massive credibility as an individual, but it doesn't make him a Hun, or any other vile spawn of the devil, or deserving of a gruesome fate. People need to step back and see him for what he is - simply a sad, annoying little *wat, but actually a nice wee guy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    You might want to take what folk say on here a little less seriously. Someone once called me a ****ing c**k-****ing c***y ****stain on here and I got less upset about it than you did about someone saying you might have applauded once.
    Ah, but there was an element of truth in that one.

Joking, of course!