hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BenjiOscar's Avatar

Champions League Final Tickets

I see that UEFA have released details of the ticket prices for the Champions League Final at Wembley. Cheapest ticket for the neutral that will be available is £150. Tickets are to be bought in pairs with a £26 administration fee for each pair.

Would you pay that kind of money to watch a game that doesn't involve Hibs (this season at least)? Suppose it is one of those 'events' that you'd like to experience in person.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Definitely... where do you apply?

Yes and I will be attempting to get some. Problem is we need five, so can't see it happening.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    http://www.uefa.com/uefa/mediaservic...l+ticket+sales

There's not a chance I'd pay that, although I am lucky enough to have been to a champions league final. My mum got freebies for the 2002 final at hampden through her work. The customer they had been given to handed them back.

No chance.

Anyone who pays that is a mug.

There is nothing more you'd experience being down their than on TV, as a nuetral. Atmoshere would be pesh, full of corporate *****.

No doubt there will be tens of thousands applying though, tens of thousands who havn't been to a game in their puff.

I know two Hibbys who havn't been to Aberdeen as 'its a pure trek', yet they're applying for tickets for a match in London. Tits.

**** modern football.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No chance.

There is nothing more you'd experience being down their than on TV, as a nuetral. Atmoshere would be pesh, full of corporate *****.

No doubt there will be tens of thousands applying though, tens of thousands who havn't been to a game in their puff.

I know two Hibbys who havn't been to Aberdeen as 'its a pure trek', yet they're applying for tickets for a match in London. Tits.

**** modern football.
    Would have loved to have been at the Arsenal game last night... and would have paid £150 to experience that in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody70x2 View Post
    Would have loved to have been at the Arsenal game last night... and would have paid £150 to experience that in the flesh.
    I've heard better atmosphere's in 'meaningless' matches in the continent.

Knock yourself out though

I might pay for the £150 tickets if it was a Manchester Utd-Barcelona final or something like that.

I believe the most expensive tickets are £300 and I wouldn't pay that.

It's still a ridiculous amount of money for 90 minutes of football.

When you think that it costs £110 for a ticket at the men's final of Wimbledon, and that could last for about 3-4 hours, I know where the value for money is.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Comes down to if you can afford it and how often does a European final get played on British ground? It could get played in Spain for example and you would end up paying even more in travel/accom so aye I would pay it.

First Team Breakthrough broonie27's Avatar
    The people's game, eh?

FIFA and UEFA are nothing more than money gathering machines and they should be ashamed of themselves for charging that kind of money for a standard ticket.

The prices of tickets for gigs, footy, shows, you name it has gone up astronomically is the last 15 years and it is totally and uttering unjustified.

I wonder how much the hundred and twenty thousand odd paid to watch the final at Hampden in 1960?

that could buy you half a hibs season ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniff's Pal View Post
    I see that UEFA have released details of the ticket prices for the Champions League Final at Wembley. Cheapest ticket for the neutral that will be available is £150. Tickets are to be bought in pairs with a £26 administration fee for each pair.

Would you pay that kind of money to watch a game that doesn't involve Hibs (this season at least)? Suppose it is one of those 'events' that you'd like to experience in person.
    No chance I would pay £150 to watch two teams that I have no interest in. Train travel costs plus accommodation in London and match ticket and you would probably be looking at £250 minimum.

The most I have ever paid to watch a game of fitba is £36 and that was at Euro 96 - Scotland v Switzerland at Villa Park. Unless it was Hibs I wouldn't pay much more than £40 to be a neutral at a match.

Slightly off topic - have you seen the price of the olympic's tickets? £725 for the men's 100m final,over 2 grand for "good" seats for the opening ceremony ffs! Suddenly the C.L. prices look like a bargain.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    No chance.

**** modern football.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    No chance.

**** modern football.
    Anyone who pays £150 to watch football needs medical attention.... quick

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I might pay for the £150 tickets if it was a Manchester Utd-Barcelona final or something like that.

When you think that it costs £110 for a ticket at the men's final of Wimbledon, and that could last for about 3-4 hours, I know where the value for money is.
    I was at a Barca v Liverpool CL game at the Nou Camp a few years ago where Liverpool won 2-1 and the atmosphere there at that game was worth paying £150 for a ticket although I was there on a package trip organised by a company I worked with at the time and paid for by them!

Nearly 100,000 people can make a hell of a noise in a stadium like that and the football quality was tremendous!

Downtown Barca after the match was superb too!

Buy 2 at £300, make £1500 selling them down there before the game. Especially if an english side make it!

60 quid i paid for last nights Liverpool game; and that was the 2nd cheapest possible! Prices went up to near 100 quid. Ground was nearly full, so I guess 150 for the CL final does not seem that ridiculous.

Prices are a joke though overall.

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Buy 2 at £300, make £1500 selling them down there before the game. Especially if an english side make it!
    The most sensible post yet.

First Team Regular Haggis Hibby's Avatar
    No chance.

**** modern football.
    Dont want to be rude BUT due you go to games??? Because its all about the experiance rather than watching on TV.... If we ever loose the thrill of going to a game.... football is screwed and will just become at tv sport played behing closed doors....
    as for the cost if you can afford it go and enjoy if you cant enjoy on TV..

OH and if it were Hibs there i think i would pay 20x that willingly,,, only if i had to though

It's quite simple these prices are determined by demand - UEFA wouldn't be charging these prices if they didn't think people would pay it.

Simples.

Weekly state pension £98.

Match ticket £176.

As Duncan Bannatyne would say, I'm out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post

Compare with the most expensive tickets for the 2012 Olympics men's 100m final at £750 ... Lord Seb Coe hasn't really done that for the people.

Most of the atmosphere will be outside of the ground, if that's the main motivation for people going then they've more money than sense. I was in Manchester for the 2003 AC Milan-Juventus final and it was a great craic in town pre-match but I can't imagine it was anything particularly special in the ground.

No chance.

**** modern football.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Where do you apply for these tickets?

No chance.

**** modern football.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Compare with the most expensive tickets for the 2012 Olympics men's 100m final at £750 ... Lord Seb Coe hasn't really done that for the people.
    £750 for 10 seconds excitement... sounds like Sophie Andertons price list.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    It doesn't make much difference, but the most expensive ticket for the 100m final is £725.

Still, £725 for 9.5 seconds of action is probably the ultimate rip-off, even if you are an athletics fanatic.

For that kind of price, I would be wanting to take part in the race itself!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniff's Pal View Post

No chance! F'n ridiculous - Obscene even! Especially if you consider the absolute oodles of cash raked in from TV - UEFA do not need to rake in more from this competition but evidently cannot help themselves.

For the ordinary fans of the teams that actually got there this amounts to nothing but exploitation - especially when you consider that many of the other punters there will probably be rich basturds on some kind of freebie.