hibs.net Messageboard

Where is good for family all inclusive holidays

So there's me, the girlfriend and her 6 year old and we fancya week away in the summer, but this would be the first family holiday for me and I'm looking to try and get a bit of advice on places/hotels that offer good entertainment for the bairn but also somewhere we can unwind also.

Just some first hand knowledge/reviews wud be great guys.

Cheers in advance

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So there's me, the girlfriend and her 6 year old and we fancya week away in the summer, but this would be the first family holiday for me and I'm looking to try and get a bit of advice on places/hotels that offer good entertainment for the bairn but also somewhere we can unwind also.

Just some first hand knowledge/reviews wud be great guys.

Cheers in advance
    Haven and Pontins are very family orientated

http://www.haven.com/index.aspx?waSo...haven&mpch=ads
    Last edited by H18sry; 16-02-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Haven and Pontins are very family orientated

http://www.haven.com/index.aspx?waSo...haven&mpch=ads
    Aye but freezing, i was meaning abroad
    :

Egypt? :)

Me and my kids have been to this place and it was so good we went back, in fact its so good my ex has been taking the kids there for years too.

My youngest was 6 or 7 when we started, he’s 14 now and cant wait till July when he’s going again.

Youngsters are well looked after, the food is decent without being outstanding, the kids love the snack bar.

Friendly! Yeah and Jesus is our friend[ly barman].

The beach is about 10 minutes walk away and best of all Portaventura is about 10/15 minutes in a fairly cheap taxi, about 10 euros or something.

As we are a fairly large family we get punted to the apartments, slightly off site, but I didn’t hear anyone complain about the rooms in the main part of the hotel.

Mark at Frutin Travel fixes us up. There's a few ways of doing it. Through a brochure, First Choice IIRC, or arrange it yourself, the hotel will arrange transfers from either Reus, preferred as its small and only 20 minutes away, or Barcelona just over an hour away.

You can fly from Edinburgh.

Hotel Villa Marina Club
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Me and my kids have been to this place and it was so good we went back, in fact its so good my ex has been taking the kids there for years too.

My youngest was 6 or 7 when we started, he’s 14 now and cant wait till July when he’s going again.

Youngsters are well looked after, the food is decent without being outstanding, the kids love the snack bar.

Friendly! Yeah and Jesus is our friend[ly barman].

The beach is about 10 minutes walk away and best of all Portaventura is about 10/15 minutes in a fairly cheap taxi, about 10 euros or something.

As we are a fairly large family we get punted to the apartments, slightly off site, but I didn’t hear anyone complain about the rooms in the main part of the hotel.

Mark at Frutin Travel fixes us up. There's a few ways of doing it. Through a brochure, First Choice IIRC, or arrange it yourself, the hotel will arrange transfers from either Reus, preferred as its small and only 20 minutes away, or Barcelona just over an hour away.

You can fly from Edinburgh.

Hotel Villa Marina Club
    I've not stayed in Salou myself - looked a bit manic but we stayed just along the road in La Pineda - great place if you want it a little bit quieter.

We stayed here..........

http://www.expedia.co.uk/Costa-Daura...el-Information

Great hotel, kids clubs, not bad entertainment and the beach is literally on their doorstep.

Bus service to Salou / PortAventura is excellent and they have their own water park as well. You would be better buying park tickets here though before going.

Only reason I've not been back is we like to try somewhere new every year but its what I'd book if I was going back there.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Last 4 years, we have gone to First Choice Holiday Villages. Kids entertainment is brilliant with kids clubs running practically all day, mini disco at night.

Been to the one in Dom Rep (3 times, kids were in tears when we left) , Costa Del Sol and Turkey and this summer we're going to the one in Egypt... yes I know but by July they'll have sorted it out and our friends that work in Sharm said there's no trouble near there. We just got 4 of us AI for 2 weeks for £2k.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    Last 4 years, we have gone to First Choice Holiday Villages. Kids entertainment is brilliant with kids clubs running practically all day, mini disco at night.

Been to the one in Dom Rep (3 times, kids were in tears when we left) , Costa Del Sol and Turkey and this summer we're going to the one in Egypt... yes I know but by July they'll have sorted it out and our friends that work in Sharm said there's no trouble near there. We just got 4 of us AI for 2 weeks for £2k.
    What was the turkey one like? I'm looking for something like that for the 3 of us in October

Pretty good. Had something crazy like 14 pools for the kids and had slides for them too. Entertainments team weren't as good as the ones we met in the Dom Rep. Food was ok (Typical buffet, catering for the masses) but very clean and it's not that old either. Beer on tap is quite nice too

I'm not sure if i'd recommend it or not. Plenty for the kids to do and only 20 minutes from Dalaman airport so no marmaris type bus transfer but the food lets it down as you get bored of it pretty quick (although you always find something).

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    Pretty good. Had something crazy like 14 pools for the kids and had slides for them too. Entertainments team weren't as good as the ones we met in the Dom Rep. Food was ok (Typical buffet, catering for the masses) but very clean and it's not that old either. Beer on tap is quite nice too

I'm not sure if i'd recommend it or not. Plenty for the kids to do and only 20 minutes from Dalaman airport so no marmaris type bus transfer but the food lets it down as you get bored of it pretty quick (although you always find something).
    Saragerme ..?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    You'll find fantastic AI hotels in Turkey and prices are usually very competitive.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Resurrecting this thread as we’re after some recommendations.

Looking at getting away for a week in June and want to try all inclusive for the first time. Will be me and my girlfriend, not looking for adults only as such but not something massively geared towards families either.

We’d been looking at Tenerife but not overly fussy tbh, anywhere with some sun will do. Anyone got any favourite resorts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Le God View Post

Looking at getting away for a week in June and want to try all inclusive for the first time. Will be me and my girlfriend, not looking for adults only as such but not something massively geared towards families either.

We’d been looking at Tenerife but not overly fussy tbh, anywhere with some sun will do. Anyone got any favourite resorts?

Me and the Mrs EGBHFC go to Cape Verde all inclusive semi regular. Been to both Sal and Boa Vista with TUI, depends whether you want to sit on your arse for a week or actually see some stuff what one you should go to😂

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/africa/cape-verde/cape-verde-islands/santa-maria-cape-verde-isl/hotels/odjo-dagua-hotel.html

Personally enjoyed this hotel best, it's on Sal so it's pretty chilled with not a whole lot to do, but food was beautiful and beer was tasty, if that's your gig.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Dont forget your roots fellas, get to Blackpool

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Me and the Mrs EGBHFC go to Cape Verde all inclusive semi regular. Been to both Sal and Boa Vista with TUI, depends whether you want to sit on your arse for a week or actually see some stuff what one you should go to

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/a...gua-hotel.html

Personally enjoyed this hotel best, it's on Sal so it's pretty chilled with not a whole lot to do, but food was beautiful and beer was tasty, if that's your gig.
    Lazy week with good beer is exactly what I’m after so this looks right up my street. Cheers.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Me and the Mrs EGBHFC go to Cape Verde all inclusive semi regular. Been to both Sal and Boa Vista with TUI, depends whether you want to sit on your arse for a week or actually see some stuff what one you should go to😂

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/africa/cape-verde/cape-verde-islands/santa-maria-cape-verde-isl/hotels/odjo-dagua-hotel.html

Off topic but I went to Sal about 14 years ago. It wasn’t very developed at the time. I would be quite interested to see what it’s like now. When I clicked on your link it suggested another hotel (different to your one) and I think that’s where I stayed but under a different name, one of Riu ones. The beach it was on is hands down the nicest beach I’ve seen outside of Scotland.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Le God View Post

I stayed here in Tenerife a few years ago:

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/tenerife/golf-del-sur/hotels/sandos-san-blas.html

It was a Sandos hotel at the time rather than a Barcelo and it had not long opened so we got an amazing deal.

It was really good and was the right mix of families and adults in terms of veering towards mostly adults but still some families. There was a nature reserve next to it which was good for walks.

It was quite close to Tenerife South airport so really handy… you did get planes flying over but you got used to it after a day.

First Team Breakthrough

We went to Boa Vista about twelve years ago to the Rui Karamboa, think it was fairly new when we went and thought it was a lovely chilled place, not much going on but that's what we were wanting, would love to discover more of the islands at some point.

Me and the Mrs EGBHFC go to Cape Verde all inclusive semi regular. Been to both Sal and Boa Vista with TUI, depends whether you want to sit on your arse for a week or actually see some stuff what one you should go to

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/a...gua-hotel.html

Another one for the shortlist, ta.

I have to say, that looks f***** fantastic 👍