hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yankees going to win this one and put Boston on 1-7. Incredible for a team of their calibre. Braves- Phillies should be a good un later.
    I don't think either the Yanks or Sawx are that good this year - insufficient starting pitching, Lester and Sabathia being the only reliable starter in each rotation. I think both will be doing well to stay in contention and then look to add pitching from struggling teams in July. I wouldn't rule out a third team coming through in the division and shocking them (Baltimore???).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I just got MLB.tv on my PS3 last night and I am now ready to start watching! Looking forward to it filling up my summer!
    How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Yankees going to win this one and put Boston on 1-7. Incredible for a team of their calibre. Braves- Phillies should be a good un later.
    It's always a good day when you beat the Red Sox and looking forward to tonights game. Long may their great start to the season continue .

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    The all-conquering Red Sox start 0-6 before winning their first game, against NYY. Their sixth loss against the Indians was particularly hilarious. Lester pitched well but was matched by Carmona. Bard comes in and walks a punch-and-judy hitter, allows him to steal second and the go-ahead run is scored on a suicide squeeze. The Red Sox then get the tying run on in the ninth, but the final out is made by the pinch runner running too far past second base and falling on his arse.

I am now watching them play their second game against the Yankees. Joe Buck still has that annoying sore throat. Take him off air already.

Going to a tough season for the Red Sox. Any team that signs busted flush Bobby Jenks as closer is a little desperate.

There is baseball commentary on Radio Five Live Sport Extra, unfortunately accompanied by some laddish remarks from a UK studio during the US adverts.

It's Phillies at Atlanta.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Well, I'm glad I was able to enjoy Spring Training, as it looks like it's going to be a long season - plenty of hits, but very few runs being generated right now.

Bottom of the AL Central, with the very surprising (and unfancied) Indians sitting pretty right now.

Still VERY early mind you - The Baltimore Orioles are making a lot of people eat their words early doors - they've flown out of the traps in the AL East.

Tampa Bay smashed the Red Sox last night 16-5 at Fenway!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    How does that work?

It's always a good day when you beat the Red Sox and looking forward to tonights game. Long may their great start to the season continue .
    You can get the MLB.tv app from the US PS3 Store. You create a new account on your PS3 with american name and address and you just download the app. Then log into your normal PS3 account and start it up and link it to your MLB.com account and you can watch every game in glorious HD from the comfort of your sofa!

Been great for me so far watched loads of games.

Pleased to see the A's are getting some wins on the board now, i cant see us getting any better than finishing with a record around .500 though.

Same Old Mets

Reyes, Wright and Davis are on fire - however our bullpen absolutely suck.

You can get the MLB.tv app from the US PS3 Store. You create a new account on your PS3 with american name and address and you just download the app. Then log into your normal PS3 account and start it up and link it to your MLB.com account and you can watch every game in glorious HD from the comfort of your sofa!

Pleased to see the A's are getting some wins on the board now, i cant see us getting any better than finishing with a record around .500 though.

Will it work on my TV though or will I have to apply the changes you said about regarding playing the game on the PS3?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Will it work on my TV though or will I have to apply the changes you said about regarding playing the game on the PS3?
    Nah it should just work, in reply to your problems with the demo, i have no idea how to fix it if other things work from the US it be a problem with that specific demo. I havent even downloaded it!

Spending too much time watching MLB.tv to bother playing the game too! I think my mrs would go nuts!

Gamer IDs

Back to back walk off wins against the Rangers at Commerica

I do love it when we pump the Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Back to back walk off wins against the Rangers at Commerica

I do love it when we pump the Rangers
    Texas look in trouble - losing Hamilton with that dive to the home plate, in fact Pagan did exactly the same last night against the Rockies and I immediately thought he had done himself some damage.

Not been following the AL too closely but the Yankees look supreme at the moment. A Rod is killing it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    My team, the Pirates, are perenial losers and I expect nothing of them. Even in their home town, nobody cares, everyone just loves the Steelers in the NFL. The best we could have done was relocated our moribund franchise to Vegas, instead of building a new stadium nobody wants to go to. It would also have balanced the leagues, with the same number of teams in each of the six divisions.
    Arr, another Pirate!

I'll be honest, I know little about baseball but since I have ESPN I've been watching it and I'm pleasantly suprised by how much I actually enjoy it. As I'm a Penguins fan (and less so a Steelers fan) I thought I'd make it a hat-trick of the Pittsburgh teams - so I'd happily see the Pirates stay put!

Supporting the Penguins is usually at odds with my Hibs supporting, as I usually expect (nay, demand!) a Penguins victory - so the Pirates are more "my level" of team too.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    Arr, another Pirate!

I'll be honest, I know little about baseball but since I have ESPN I've been watching it and I'm pleasantly suprised by how much I actually enjoy it. As I'm a Penguins fan (and less so a Steelers fan) I thought I'd make it a hat-trick of the Pittsburgh teams - so I'd happily see the Pirates stay put!

Supporting the Penguins is usually at odds with my Hibs supporting, as I usually expect (nay, demand!) a Penguins victory - so the Pirates are more "my level" of team too.
    Ugh - ****ing Penguins indeed - my team's don't all exist in the same city, but my baseball team and ice hockey team are consistent.

Sadly, the only consistency we've had in our start to the season is inconsistency itself!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    Arr, another Pirate!

Pirates rule! We're .500 + at this stage of the season! Giddy heights indeed. Savour this inexplicable phenomenon now, as like all good things...

Gamer IDs

Most of the A's pitching so far has been excellent, but when the bats don't work we lose, too many games with only 1 or less runs scored!

First Team Breakthrough Stoney Hibee's Avatar

You can also watch MLB.tv via Apple TV. I picked up one for £75 quid on Ebay, just log in and watch it in HD on your big TV. Red Sox and A's at 8:30 tonight

Cubs Dominican shortstop Starlin Castro has had an amazing start to the season. Batting .375 and leading the league in hits...he's the youngest player in the league at 21 and a few days...and already probably our key offensive player. Bound to get injured.

Now officially our worst start in franchise history. One paltry win at citi field and we've been hosting teams like the Nationals and the Astros!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    Now officially our worst start in franchise history. One paltry win at citi field and we've been hosting teams like the Nationals and the Astros!
    I did notice you were 5-13 (Worst record in the Majors thus far).

Makes our rather abysmal 9-10 record seem quite respectable, though we are 4.5 games behind the Indians already.

On the plus side, my Red Wings look like proper contenders for the Stanley Cup

Not that I was around in 1962 but Casey Stengel had a brilliant quote along the lines of "Come see my "Amazin' Mets, I've been in this game a hundred years, but I see new ways to lose I never knew existed before." That sums up the team at the moment.

Don't even mention the NHL, my Islanders must rival the Mets for NY's most irrelevant franchise at the moment. Although good to see Grabner up for the Calder Trophy - absolute steal off the waiver wire.

Mets fans must be hoping for a Dodgers-style "intervention" by MLB.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/M...rations-042011

Bloomin' heck, I hope this doesn't give the SPL any bright ideas wrt the Huns.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    Not that I was around in 1962 but Casey Stengel had a brilliant quote along the lines of "Come see my "Amazin' Mets, I've been in this game a hundred years, but I see new ways to lose I never knew existed before." That sums up the team at the moment.

Don't even mention the NHL, my Islanders must rival the Mets for NY's most irrelevant franchise at the moment. Although good to see Grabner up for the Calder Trophy - absolute steal off the waiver wire.
    Don't worry, it won't last long - the NFL season will be underway before you know it and the Jets will proudly boast that title again

Have good box seats for the Yankees versus White Sox on Tuesday. No affection for the Yankees, but my first visit to the new Yankee Stadium. Anybody been? What's it like compared to the old place next door?

Gamer IDs

We finally have a winning record and are now only 1.5 games back on the AL West leading Indians!

Yankees are absolutely storming away in the AL East thus far...

Gamer IDs

Not been able to watch it really since the playstation network went down last wednesday! Getting withdrawls! Did see that the A's are still doing as badly as before with terrible inconsistency!

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Have good box seats for the Yankees versus White Sox on Tuesday. No affection for the Yankees, but my first visit to the new Yankee Stadium. Anybody been? What's it like compared to the old place next door?
    Keep your eyes on the crowd Bob, i believe there's a well known Hibs fan that now follows the White Sox!
    Last edited by Dirkster23; 25-04-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkster23 View Post
    Keep your eyes on the crowd Bob, i believe there's a well known Hibs fan that now follows the White Sox!
    The White Sox could very well be challengers to my beloved Pirates for the spoon this season. They couldn't pitch a tent. I fancy a Yankees sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkster23 View Post

The new stadium is beautiful but then again that's in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure a cliched 'YH' such as your goodself may choose to see it as symbolic of all the terrible ills (most of which dont actually exist) that the NYY bring to the world.

The club have done a pretty amazing job of creating somewhere that although much more modern, still gives you a feeling of being in Yankee Stadium. The design, the fact they brought over some of the old stuff etc etc. is great. Unfortunately however, it's impossible to properly recreate what was there before in terms of the history etc so the actual game day/night experience is not a patch on what it was before.

With all the huge open concourses where you can still see the game, the big halls etc, there's more a feel of a social gathering than a sporting occasion and it's unbelievable how few folk are sitting in their seats during the game. It does look nice however and the place can still rock on big nights. The claim that the club have priced hardcore fans out the game seems to ring true though as it's not as boisterous as before most nights.

If you can get along early, monument park is still worth a visit and the inside of the stadium is great for a walk around. They have a museum inside which is small but still good to have a look at.