hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

Major League Baseball - 2011 Season

Players are beginning to report to Spring Training camps following a long, cold winter period. The NFL is well and truly done, the NCAA Footballers are busy in the libraries again, the Stanley Cup playoffs loom ever closer and the NCAA mens basketball draws closer to March Madness.

With all of these things over/coming to a close, that can only mean the new baseball season is upon us! I'm well aware there are those of you out there who dislike/don't "get" the attraction of baseball, and that's fine - can we avoid the usual drone-like responses of "baseball's pish" though please?

It's been a busy off-season with some big trades happening and some even bigger ones looking likely to go down. The Philadelphia Philles have quite possibly the most fearsome pitching rotation that I can remember, with additional rumours of CC Sabbathia also joining from the Yankees. The Chicago Cubs (who know our plight of so long without a trophy) have signed 2 solid pitchers into their starting rotation but all of that is currently taking a back seat to the big news story circling around the league just now, which is the future of Albert Pujols. The Cardinals have reportedly offered him $10 million/5 year contract, but Pujols is seeking 10 years to keep him in St Louis. Rumours are that if he hasn't signed by noon (ET) on Wednesday, he'll opt out of negotiations and activate the buy-out clause on his contract, with the Cubs looking favourites to land him. This would be a huge statement of ambition from the Cubs who are aiming to end their World Series hoodoo.

I don't expect much from my team this year - we've not done a great deal of business in the off-season, other than the acquisition of Victor Martinez from the Red Sox and sealing further extensions for Brandon Inge and Magglio Ordonez. A couple of pitching prospects and a few players leaving, but nothing to make me think we'll be genuine contenders against an ever-powerful looking White Sox/Twins rosters.

However, I'm looking forward to getting to 2 games this year in June - one at home in Commerica vs divisional rivals Minnesota and then a trip along to Chicago to watch us play divisional rivals and favourites, Chicago.

Fingers crossed this doesn't turn into my annual schizophrenic self-conversational thread
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I vaguely follow the Red Sox but always lose interest half-way through the season due to other commitments taking up my time, so it might be nice to have a thread on baseball to allow me to keep up to date...

...So im going to say Red Sox for the series!

Can't wait for the baseball season to get started again! Another 7 months of torture following the Mets is upon us and I love every minute of it!

Our off season has been all about the Wilpons and their dealings with Bernie Madoff and his Ponzi scheme. Really hope they sell up so we can have a bit of a new start which I think ultimately they'll have to if they need to pay back the reported $1b to the authorities involved. Heard yesterday that Ollie Perez will be given a shot at making the starting rotation so please shoot me now.

World Series Champions? Anyone but the Phillies please. Hope Tampa do well as their fans have been patiently waiting on all that young talent to develop.

(While you mention College Basketball - how about St Johns these days? Looks like were heading for the rankings for the first time since I started following them 6 years ago, a nice distraction from the Mets and Islanders at the moment)

Don't really have a team in MLB but enjoy watching it.

Been to a few New Orleans Zephyrs games when I have been over, they are the Florida marlins feeder team.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't wait for the baseball season to get started again! Another 7 months of torture following the Mets is upon us and I love every minute of it!

Our off season has been all about the Wilpons and their dealings with Bernie Madoff and his Ponzi scheme. Really hope they sell up so we can have a bit of a new start which I think ultimately they'll have to if they need to pay back the reported $1b to the authorities involved. Heard yesterday that Ollie Perez will be given a shot at making the starting rotation so please shoot me now.

World Series Champions? Anyone but the Phillies please. Hope Tampa do well as their fans have been patiently waiting on all that young talent to develop.

(While you mention College Basketball - how about St Johns these days? Looks like were heading for the rankings for the first time since I started following them 6 years ago, a nice distraction from the Mets and Islanders at the moment)
    I was reading up on it all on ESPN earlier - I think most Mets fans will be hoping they sell up and move on!

Perez should be nowhere near the starting rotation - he's a RP at best, and begging for a trip to AAA at worst.

Going to be very hard to see past either the Phillies or Giants for the NL pennant - those are 2 extremely scary pitching rosters - Cliff Lee, Roy Halladay, Cole Hammels and Roy Oswalt in the Phillies rotation, with Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain and Barry Zito being among the likely starts for the Giants - terrifying really!.

Not sure who I fancy for the AL this year - I've normally had a feeling the past few seasons, but the Rangers definitely upset a few people last year. I think the Rays will struggle to replace Matt Garza, who has landed in Chicago. The rest of their starting rotation lacks a little depth, but they still have a good offense - the addition of Manny Ramirez is a good one, so long as he can stay healthy - really don't understand the signing of Johnny Damon though - he was far from inspiring in our lineup last year!

I fancy it'll be between the White Sox and the Yankees for the AL this year.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I have ESPN again and im excited about the new season, i may even fork out for mlbtv as it is usually great value for overseas viewers!

I used to play baseball a few years ago and really enjoyed it, went to toronto and saw the blue jays play twice while i was there it was excellent.

This year i will be in SanFrancisco for a music festival but on the day off from that i am hoping to go see my favourite baseball team the Oakland A's take on the SF Giants in Oakland! Should be awesome. I realise following the A's is a bit like following hibs.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I have ESPN again and im excited about the new season, i may even fork out for mlbtv as it is usually great value for overseas viewers!

I used to play baseball a few years ago and really enjoyed it, went to toronto and saw the blue jays play twice while i was there it was excellent.

This year i will be in SanFrancisco for a music festival but on the day off from that i am hoping to go see my favourite baseball team the Oakland A's take on the SF Giants in Oakland! Should be awesome. I realise following the A's is a bit like following hibs.
    I just bought mlb.tv for the season - works out around £60, but it's great value, as it includes every single game including pre and post-season.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    I just bought mlb.tv for the season - works out around £60, but it's great value, as it includes every single game including pre and post-season.

I'm looking forward to getting to a couple of games this year too - Oakland A's, eh? Going to be a long year in the NL West for you guys I'd imagine
    haha its ALWAYS a long year as an A's fan, there was a time when we would make the play offs a fair bit but those days with miguel tejada and eric chavez hitting them out the park are well gone. I have been away from baseball for the last 3 years ive completely missed it all and i hardly recognise any A's players.

I just looked and you get the premium mlbtv for only $119 i think on payday i will be buying that, since i set up HD media center PC i can stream all the games in HD right on my TV and lose the whole summer to baseball!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    haha its ALWAYS a long year as an A's fan, there was a time when we would make the play offs a fair bit but those days with miguel tejada and eric chavez hitting them out the park are well gone. I have been away from baseball for the last 3 years ive completely missed it all and i hardly recognise any A's players.

I just looked and you get the premium mlbtv for only $119 i think on payday i will be buying that, since i set up HD media center PC i can stream all the games in HD right on my TV and lose the whole summer to baseball!
    I'd love to get the games streaming from my laptop onto the TV.

Might need to look into it actually.

The Cubs are my team, i like the sound of some of their acquisitions this year too. End of the hoodoo this season please:)

My team, the Pirates, are perenial losers and I expect nothing of them. Even in their home town, nobody cares, everyone just loves the Steelers in the NFL. The best we could have done was relocated our moribund franchise to Vegas, instead of building a new stadium nobody wants to go to. It would also have balanced the leagues, with the same number of teams in each of the six divisions.

Yes, baseball is pish if you're a Pirate.

Hope Red Sox beat the hated Yankees, White Sox beat the detestable Twins, and that the Cardinals defeat those frat boy losers, the obnoxious Cubs.

Gamer IDs

Our "big hitter" has made a remarkable return to his off-field form, getting arrested in Florida under a DUI charge.

The guy just won't live up to his promise unless he faces his demons.

Our "big hitter" has made a remarkable return to his off-field form, getting arrested in Florida under a DUI charge.

The guy just won't live up to his promise unless he faces his demons.
    He's a sunbelt boy, can't settle in Detroit. The clubs and bars of Ocean Drive in MB have too big a pull. Imagine some of the Hibs crowd if George Street became tropical...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    He's a sunbelt boy, can't settle in Detroit. The clubs and bars of Ocean Drive in MB have too big a pull. Imagine some of the Hibs crowd if George Street became tropical...
    I was surprised when we initially acquired him from the Marlins actually, but they wanted him out for the very reason of his off-field issues.

Can't see him being with us for the start of the season by the time legal proceedings, club discipline and league discipline are imposed.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Players are beginning to report to Spring Training camps following a long, cold winter period. The NFL is well and truly done, the NCAA Footballers are busy in the libraries again, the Stanley Cup playoffs loom ever closer and the NCAA mens basketball draws closer to March Madness.

With all of these things over/coming to a close, that can only mean the new baseball season is upon us! I'm well aware there are those of you out there who dislike/don't "get" the attraction of baseball, and that's fine - can we avoid the usual drone-like responses of "baseball's pish" though please?

It's been a busy off-season with some big trades happening and some even bigger ones looking likely to go down. The Philadelphia Philles have quite possibly the most fearsome pitching rotation that I can remember, with additional rumours of CC Sabbathia also joining from the Yankees. The Chicago Cubs (who know our plight of so long without a trophy) have signed 2 solid pitchers into their starting rotation but all of that is currently taking a back seat to the big news story circling around the league just now, which is the future of Albert Pujols. The Cardinals have reportedly offered him $10 million/5 year contract, but Pujols is seeking 10 years to keep him in St Louis. Rumours are that if he hasn't signed by noon (ET) on Wednesday, he'll opt out of negotiations and activate the buy-out clause on his contract, with the Cubs looking favourites to land him. This would be a huge statement of ambition from the Cubs who are aiming to end their World Series hoodoo.

I don't expect much from my team this year - we've not done a great deal of business in the off-season, other than the acquisition of Victor Martinez from the Red Sox and sealing further extensions for Brandon Inge and Magglio Ordonez. A couple of pitching prospects and a few players leaving, but nothing to make me think we'll be genuine contenders against an ever-powerful looking White Sox/Twins rosters.

However, I'm looking forward to getting to 2 games this year in June - one at home in Commerica vs divisional rivals Minnesota and then a trip along to Chicago to watch us play divisional rivals and favourites, Chicago.

Fingers crossed this doesn't turn into my annual schizophrenic self-conversational thread

There's no way CC's going to be going to the Phillies, their starters are in place and there's no way they could add another $23 million to their pay roll. They've already got Halladay $20m, Lee $11m, Oswalt $16m, Hamels $9.5m and Blanton $8.5m this year.

The Cardinals offer to AP is in the region of $20m/8 years ($160m), Pujol's looking for around $30 million/10 years ($300m). Pujols has a no trade clause and has indicated he'd veto any proposed trade. The Cards need to re-sign him at the end of the season or he'll hit free agancy and all they'll pick up a couple of draft picks.

I'm a Red Sox fan and looking forward to how Crawford and Gonzalez fit into the team. Having said that, to have any chance we Beckett, Lackey and Dice-K to bounce back from poor seasons.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkster23 View Post
    There's no way CC's going to be going to the Phillies, their starters are in place and there's no way they could add another $23 million to their pay roll. They've already got Halladay $20m, Lee $11m, Oswalt $16m, Hamels $9.5m and Blanton $8.5m this year.

The Cardinals offer to AP is in the region of $20m/8 years ($160m), Pujol's looking for around $30 million/10 years ($300m). Pujols has a no trade clause and has indicated he'd veto any proposed trade. The Cards need to re-sign him at the end of the season or he'll hit free agancy and all they'll pick up a couple of draft picks.

I'm a Red Sox fan and looking forward to how Crawford and Gonzalez fit into the team. Having said that, to have any chance we Beckett, Lackey and Dice-K to bounce back from poor seasons.
    Sorry, my initial post wasn't 100% clear - I'm not suggesting CC is likely to join Cliff Lee in Philly this season, but the suggestion is that he might option out of his contract once the 2011 season is over. His initial contract with the Yankees presents him with an opt-out after the third year - he might end up in Philly, he might not, but his close relationship with Cliff Lee could certainly sway him to leave New York. Add to that the fact that Raul Ibanez and Jimmy Rollins contracts' are up at the end of this season, with Philly being unlikely to offer new ones (certainly in the case of Ibanez, who turns 40 later this year), they'd free somewhere in the region of $20 million. They have a huge wealthy backing, a superbly generous fanbase and continued success - I certainly don't think it's unrealistic.

It all comes down to how much the Cards are willing to pay for him I guess - he'd walk straight into the starting lineup in New York or Boston and I'm guessing St Louis (and the rest of the Majors) would be desperate for that NOT to happen. When I initially posted the post you've quoted, the figure being banded about was the $10 million I suggested (based on reports on Baseball Tonight), but it skyrocketed in a couple of days to 20/8. Unbelievable that they're going to walk into the regular season with this cloud hanging over their clubhouse - imagine how much scrutiny he's going to come under if he doesn't put out another MVP season.

I must admit, I'm not entirely sure how the AL East will fall this year - the Rays have lost a lot of their talented players in Crawford, Pena, Garza and Bartlett, and haven't really brought much consistent talent in way of replacement (Damon isn't the player he once was and Ramirez has been inconsistent since returning from his ban last year). The Yankees have an ever-formidable batting lineup, but with the announced retirement of Pettitte and the balooning weight of Chamberlain, their rotation looks highly questionable. On paper, I'd certainly fancy the Red Sox for the AL East. I know I earlier predicted the Yankees, but the developments surrounding their pitching problems in the past week has certainly revised my thoughts. A lot depends on how good the Sox pitching staff is though as a lot of their hopes are pinned on how well Dice-K and and Beckett respond after their injury-ridden season last year.

Cubs GM talking about how much he likes Pujols. I'm hoping we land him and can rub Cub-haters like Dashing bob's noses in the dirt

Pujols is a big fan of loony neo-con Glenn Beck. Are there are any left-wing American sportsmen? I cant think of any...

There's only one place Pujols should be heading and that's New York. With the Red Sox and Yanks set for 1B, the Mets would seem a perfect and logical fit if the finances add up.

With regards to the AL East, I can't see past the Rays - I love that young rotation more than Boston and New Yorks. The only real downgrade on offense is Carl Crawford leaving but I think they'll cope.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    I have no real idea about baseball but since working with a detroit tigers fan ( who has actually wrote a book about them since......must have been my influence on him) i have promised to get into it, now i have pre ordered the new seasons video game and have a tigers hat .... if that makes any diffrence!

is espn the only channel to watch coverage? i dont currently have it but will fork out the extra if need be

Gamer IDs

There's only one place Pujols should be heading and that's New York. With the Red Sox and Yanks set for 1B, the Mets would seem a perfect and logical fit if the finances add up.

With regards to the AL East, I can't see past the Rays - I love that young rotation more than Boston and New Yorks. The only real downgrade on offense is Carl Crawford leaving but I think they'll cope.
    It seems we disagree on more than just the NFL then - I can't see him heading to New York at all - the Mets don't have the finances and the Yankees have Mark Teixeira. If he doesn't stay in St Louis, then the Cubs are probably the favourite destination.

Really? I don't see much strength and depth in the Rays rotation - they've lost their ace in Garza and only David Price had an ERA below 4 last year. Shields is still a great young pitcher, but their rotation is weak at the bottom with Neimann and Sonnastine. The loss of Bartlett is being a little understated, with Elliot Johnson coming up from the Minors being the likely starter at SS. I still reckon the Rays will be thereabouts, but I'm struggling to see beyond the usual suspects in 1 and 2 just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    I have no real idea about baseball but since working with a detroit tigers fan ( who has actually wrote a book about them since......must have been my influence on him) i have promised to get into it, now i have pre ordered the new seasons video game and have a tigers hat .... if that makes any diffrence!

is espn the only channel to watch coverage? i dont currently have it but will fork out the extra if need be
    A fellow Tigers fan! Come on in, the waters, erm, freezing as usual! If you do spend this season following us, don't expect much of anything. Lack of finances, very few inspiring off-season trades (still not sure what to make of Victor Martinez - if he can stay healthy, brilliant!), our star slugger is being treated in rehab for substance abuse and our pitching staff looks extremely lightweight. Out of curiosity, who is your colleague and what is the book (you can answer that in a PM if you don't want to understandably put his name on a public forum).

ESPN America and ESPN are the only 2 stations which show the Majors as far as I know. There's the online option of MLB.tv, which is £66 for the whole season, including every game (in HD) from Spring Training, through the regular season, the All-Star break and the playoffs, through to the last pitch of the World Series.

Great value, but only if you'll watch the games with any regularity.

I like the Rays and they way they give youth a fling. Great place to watch baseball as well, warm, never full so tickets always available, and loads if open air bars outside for a drink. Great to see them take out the big boys of Boston and NY.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I like the Rays and they way they give youth a fling. Great place to watch baseball as well, warm, never full so tickets always available, and loads if open air bars outside for a drink. Great to see them take out the big boys of Boston and NY.
    Tampa Bay confuse me. I like them, and I go and see them regularly when I'm over in Florida - Tropicana is a great stadium, in great surroundings.

However, despite their successes, the locals just don't take to the franchise, and if they keep going the way they are, I won't be surprised if they move from Tampa.

You know it's a bad sign when they have to give away free tickets to playoff games.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Sorry, my initial post wasn't 100% clear - I'm not suggesting CC is likely to join Cliff Lee in Philly this season, but the suggestion is that he might option out of his contract once the 2011 season is over. His initial contract with the Yankees presents him with an opt-out after the third year - he might end up in Philly, he might not, but his close relationship with Cliff Lee could certainly sway him to leave New York. Add to that the fact that Raul Ibanez and Jimmy Rollins contracts' are up at the end of this season, with Philly being unlikely to offer new ones (certainly in the case of Ibanez, who turns 40 later this year), they'd free somewhere in the region of $20 million. They have a huge wealthy backing, a superbly generous fanbase and continued success - I certainly don't think it's unrealistic.

It all comes down to how much the Cards are willing to pay for him I guess - he'd walk straight into the starting lineup in New York or Boston and I'm guessing St Louis (and the rest of the Majors) would be desperate for that NOT to happen. When I initially posted the post you've quoted, the figure being banded about was the $10 million I suggested (based on reports on Baseball Tonight), but it skyrocketed in a couple of days to 20/8. Unbelievable that they're going to walk into the regular season with this cloud hanging over their clubhouse - imagine how much scrutiny he's going to come under if he doesn't put out another MVP season.

I must admit, I'm not entirely sure how the AL East will fall this year - the Rays have lost a lot of their talented players in Crawford, Pena, Garza and Bartlett, and haven't really brought much consistent talent in way of replacement (Damon isn't the player he once was and Ramirez has been inconsistent since returning from his ban last year). The Yankees have an ever-formidable batting lineup, but with the announced retirement of Pettitte and the balooning weight of Chamberlain, their rotation looks highly questionable. On paper, I'd certainly fancy the Red Sox for the AL East. I know I earlier predicted the Yankees, but the developments surrounding their pitching problems in the past week has certainly revised my thoughts. A lot depends on how good the Sox pitching staff is though as a lot of their hopes are pinned on how well Dice-K and and Beckett respond after their injury-ridden season last year.
    Your right, that money is coming off but i'm pretty sure Lee's salary doubles next year to $22m. It might happen, CC has hinted for the first time he might opt out but i can't see him getting more money anywhere else. I know he's friends with Lee, but if the friendship was so strong Lee could have been a Yankee this year and had a healthier bank balance.

I'm not sure what'll happen with Pujols to be honest. The Yankees have Teixeira signed up for the next few years and the Red Sox seem happy they'll reach a multi year contract with Gonzalez. That's two of his most likely destinations 1st bases sorted for a few years. There's been suggestions that the Yankees could try and move Tex, but he's got full no-treade clause. I guess the Cards will be hoping Pujols goes out and has another great season. If he does though, it only increases the pressure on them to get a deal done.
    Last edited by Dirkster23; 23-02-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Didn't make sense!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    It seems we disagree on more than just the NFL then - I can't see him heading to New York at all - the Mets don't have the finances and the Yankees have Mark Teixeira. If he doesn't stay in St Louis, then the Cubs are probably the favourite destination.

Really? I don't see much strength and depth in the Rays rotation - they've lost their ace in Garza and only David Price had an ERA below 4 last year. Shields is still a great young pitcher, but their rotation is weak at the bottom with Neimann and Sonnastine. The loss of Bartlett is being a little understated, with Elliot Johnson coming up from the Minors being the likely starter at SS. I still reckon the Rays will be thereabouts, but I'm struggling to see beyond the usual suspects in 1 and 2 just now.

A fellow Tigers fan! Come on in, the waters, erm, freezing as usual! If you do spend this season following us, don't expect much of anything. Lack of finances, very few inspiring off-season trades (still not sure what to make of Victor Martinez - if he can stay healthy, brilliant!), our star slugger is being treated in rehab for substance abuse and our pitching staff looks extremely lightweight. Out of curiosity, who is your colleague and what is the book (you can answer that in a PM if you don't want to understandably put his name on a public forum).

ESPN America and ESPN are the only 2 stations which show the Majors as far as I know. There's the online option of MLB.tv, which is £66 for the whole season, including every game (in HD) from Spring Training, through the regular season, the All-Star break and the playoffs, through to the last pitch of the World Series.

Great value, but only if you'll watch the games with any regularity.
    Looks like i'l fork out for espn then, i'l maybe get mlbtv if i can get into it as i actually nothing of the game as of yet and its taken 4yrs to get to this stage of my 'promise'.
    Detroit city of champions is the book im sure he wont mind the added publicity its about some year when detroits major sports teams won there respective compititions in the same year ( history buff plus sports mad) not read it myself but to a fan it could be a good read, looking forward to watching some baseball hopefully i can get the names of the players in my head so i can add input to a conversation, i hope the dude gets out of rehab tho no much use in there !!

Price is already a better pitcher than Garza, incredible numbers considering that he's pitching in the AL and it was his first full season. Davis and Hellickson also had impressive turns last year, don't see why they can't develop further and continue as they've started - both have massive upside. Then you're looking at Shields and Niemann. Not too bad for maybe 4th and 5th starters (something the Yankees don't have yet) Add Matt Moore coming up, serious potential to be the best rotation in the AL I think.

Gamer IDs

Price is already a better pitcher than Garza, incredible numbers considering that he's pitching in the AL and it was his first full season. Davis and Hellickson also had impressive turns last year, don't see why they can't develop further and continue as they've started - both have massive upside. Then you're looking at Shields and Niemann. Not too bad for maybe 4th and 5th starters (something the Yankees don't have yet) Add Matt Moore coming up, serious potential to be the best rotation in the AL I think.
    It's not just the starting rotation which makes organisations like the Yankees so strong though. Look at their RP and likely closer - Rafael Soriano, Joba Chamberlain and David Robertson as relievers, with perhaps the best closer in baseball history, Mariano Rivera.

I'd agree that both Mitre and Nova are the weak links in the rotation, but with such a good supporting bullpen, it might not hinder them much.

The Rays really lack and experienced closer and their relievers are equally inexperienced, which is their weakness IMO.

p.s. - glad to see you changed from that hideous avatar

Revis Island will be back in time for our 2011 Superbowl charge. I wonder if Deion Branch and Wes Welker have found their way out of Revis' back pocket yet, haven't seen either since early January

How effective can relief be if you're down 5 or 6 runs after an inning or two though? Will probably be the most closely contested division as always but if the Rays live up to their potential then I think they will do very well.

It's amazing the effect Spring Training can have - just reading and watching interviews from players makes you certain that you're going all the way to the World Series

Gamer IDs

Revis Island will be back in time for our 2011 Superbowl charge. I wonder if Deion Branch and Wes Welker have found their way out of Revis' back pocket yet, haven't seen either since early January

How effective can relief be if you're down 5 or 6 runs after an inning or two though? Will probably be the most closely contested division as always but if the Rays live up to their potential then I think they will do very well.

It's amazing the effect Spring Training can have - just reading and watching interviews from players makes you certain that you're going all the way to the World Series
    That depends who you support

I'll settle for a good year of baseball, and If my team happen to do something well, it'll be a bonus!

That depends who you support

I'll settle for a good year of baseball, and If my team happen to do something well, it'll be a bonus!
    Got to enjoy Spring Training as it inevitably ends up like this...

Gamer IDs

Got to enjoy Spring Training as it inevitably ends up like this...

And therein lies the reason Pujols won't end up at the Mets