hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Match Officials

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

Match Officials

so another game great win defo a good confindence boost.......but why do we seem to have the most inept officials every single week?

to be fair it looked like a pen from where i sit but how can the ref who is literaly 5 yards away wave play on but then take the word of the linesman 25 yards away?

lines man at the east stand side should not actually get to be an official again!!

and i will wait to see the highlights before commenting on the handbags near the end but 3 hibs players booked and only 1 for them

oh and why did dickoh get sent off but the killie player who took deek out not?

rant over

GGTTH :cgwa

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so another game great win defo a good confindence boost.......but why do we seem to have the most inept officials every single week?

to be fair it looked like a pen from where i sit but how can the ref who is literaly 5 yards away wave play on but then take the word of the linesman 25 yards away?

lines man at the east stand side should not actually get to be an official again!!

and i will wait to see the highlights before commenting on the handbags near the end but 3 hibs players booked and only 1 for them

rant over

Refs will never gain any respect turning in performances like Steve Conroy today.
    He had a decent game once in a bigot derby and seems to now think he's the finished article. Sadly like most of our refs, he's a very long way from that.
    Lost control completely in the second half. The rammy was a joke. He and his bionic eyed assistant seemed to have no concrete idea who was involved and he seemed to flash cards at whoever was closest to him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post

rant over

have we changed our name to celtic football club?

Left by mutual consent!
    What a surprise tae see a thread slating match officials a again.

after almost every game you think tae youself they surely cannae get any worse but almost every week they reach a new low. what a ****in' clown of a ref, totally lost the plot, aided and abetted two complete and utter ******s on the side lines.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    What a surprise tae see a thread slating match officials a again.

after almost every game you think tae youself they surely cannae get any worse but almost every week they reach a new low. what a ****in' clown of a ref, totally lost the plot, aided and abetted two complete and utter ******s on the side lines.

The officials today should have been nowhere near an SPL game, IMHO. Conroy had no control of that game whatsoever today. In the rammy at the end it looked at one point that there were three Killie players with their hands at least at neck height on Ian Murray, while another couple were shoving Miller. Result - 3 Hibs players booked. Well done Conroy, you complete tool.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    There was doubt over the 3 goals another ref could easily given the decisions the other way. As for the rammy that was caused by Conroy giving a foul against Scott when he had won the ball. The pleasing thing was most of the team got stuck in. It showed togetherness and a bit of fight. Whilst the ref was ***** and the west stand linesman got involved in over ruling the ref the tool in front of the East was always 5-10 yards behind play. Bring back the foreigners.

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    Never thought i would say this but bring back Rowbottom, Dallas, Underhill and Clark.

Although at the time they were utterly hopeless they have nothing on the current mob

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie_Cameron View Post
    Never thought i would say this but bring back Rowbottom, Dallas, Underhill and Clark.

Although at the time they were utterly hopeless they have nothing on the current mob
    and Willie Young

Don't bring them back. Lets just "sack" the current mob and bring in the foreign refs

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Steve Conroy is a terrible referee IMO.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    No need to put IMO. In everyones opinion

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He was way out of his depth today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    He was way out of his depth today.
    just today?

Promising Youngster SharpySevenil's Avatar

The Ref Yisterday

How bad are these guys becoming. That prise plum prances around the pitch, has no clue about football, what a tackle is, what a push is, what a two footed challege is.

Conroy **** off. You are in the same mould as RichmonD/Thomsom, up your own where the sun don't shine.

Spoiling the the game. Go back to what ever it is you do during the day and don't come back.

Progress Hibs, lets keep it going. FTH

Didn't think it possible, but they are getting WORSE. The ref yesterday was determined to be the centre of attention and loving it. Yet, it was his incompetence that was the main talking point of the game.
    Shirley it would be better and probably cheaper to get some foreign refs into the SPL - or would that just upset the Old Firm ?

Never in ma puff have I seen 5 players booked for 1 incdent.

The Killie players instigated the whole situation by reacting to a tackle then he ends up booking 3 hibs players!!

The guy lost the plot.

First Team Breakthrough gackohibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gackochan PSN ID: Gackochan
    Absolutely hopeless.
    Bring back the foreigners!!

I was completely baffled by some of the decisions today but imho it was a stonewaller pen and red card.

The officials in Scotland are not biased they are just not very good imho. Someone sitting next to me yesterday was heard saying a good referee is someone you barely notice being there when in a Hibs game or any Scottish game on telly can you remember that being the case? This whole nonsense about them having to be in a certain line of work as well is something that has always irked me. Is it only people in high earning jobs that can make decisions? Personally I think we should be looking at getting ex professional footballers into refereeing once their playing career is done as they know the game better and might also command the respect of players.

Promising Youngster The Hurricane's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Alexaaaander x
    i cannot remember a worse whistle happy performance in over 40 years watching Hibs or any other team come to think of it

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
    i cannot remember a worse whistle happy performance in over 40 years watching Hibs or any other team come to think of it
    Freeland when we played Falkirk...three years ago? (Maybe two)