hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar

Another Midfielder?

According to this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

i think once we get rid of the 'dead wood' midfielders at the club i'd be quite happyto bolster our midfield some more..

more important areas to concentrate on now i agree but having read several reports, he does sound pretty promising.

Quote Originally Posted by goofter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think once we get rid of the 'dead wood' midfielders at the club i'd be quite happyto bolster our midfield some more..

more important areas to concentrate on now i agree but having read several reports, he does sound pretty promising.

Lack of game time?

Sounds like he's currently playing for their reserves

Hibs class clearly !!

Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    Lack of game time?

Hibs class clearly !!
    Maybe he has been banished to the reserves because he is refusing to sign a new contract, ala mad vlad

@hibs.net private member
    "the former Glentoran enforcer", seems CC may be looking to add further steel to that area. Fair do's if some of them can control and pass a ball as well.

Quote Originally Posted by goofter View Post

De Graaf out already and this guy coming in sounds good to me. For the people who rate De Graaf and think there's a "footballing brain in there", Rankin or McBride (or both) out.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    "the former Glentoran enforcer", seems CC may be looking to add further steel to that area. Fair do's if some of them can control and pass a ball as well.
    The midfielders he has signed such as Palsson, Scott and Thornhill all have that mix of ability and physicality.

De Graaf's away, Rankin, McBride and Miller will go in the Summer, and Ian Murray is physically unable to reliably give a full season.

Another young one coming in to the mix will do no harm, and it doesn't mean that we're not looking to fill the other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    De Graaf's away, Rankin, McBride and Miller will go in the Summer, and Ian Murray is physically unable to reliably give a full season.

Another young one coming in to the mix will do no harm, and it doesn't mean that we're not looking to fill the other positions.
    I'd offer Miller another year if he's willing to accept it and see how he is with a footballing midfield and the others that will provide more "dig". I just have a feeling on this one. To be fair, I was like that with AOB too so I have got a record of being waaaaayyyy off

I just don't think a good player becomes a bad player overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    I'd offer Miller another year if he's willing to accept it and see how he is with a footballing midfield and the others that will provide more "dig". I just have a feeling on this one. To be fair, I was like that with AOB too so I have got a record of being waaaaayyyy off

If he's still with us after the Summer it will be because no one has made him a better offer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    Lack of game time?

Hibs class clearly !!

Yep, just like that £5,000 signing from Institute, Ivan Sproule!!

Coaching Staff
    I am not so sure that Rankin will be away to be honest.

McBride and De Graaf for me would be the first away. Rankin, at least, gives energy and workrate. Decent to have in squad in my opinion and trains well, looks after himself and good around the dressing room.

Sadly I would also be losing Lewis Stevenson too. Not really progressed as he should have done, despite having a great attitude. Time to be ruthless sadly and get a more rounded midfielder in, in his place.

Liam Miller I would definitely be keeping. Once the balance is found and maintained, his best work will be in a more creative role. Great footballer, powder puff in the tackle. Hopefully the others will oblige in that department and allow him to do what he is best at.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    never knew he WAS a good player? evidence? (consistent only)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post
    never knew he WAS a good player? evidence? (consistent only)
    He was a very good player for Celtc, what's your point?

So far CC and DA have brought in guys that can both play a bit and have a bit of dig about them... I am happy with the players so far and will be happy with his continued judge of a player.

Still a long way to go though (think we know this anyway)

If I was him, and had the choice between Edinburgh, Kilmarnock and Portland, I think I'd plump for the latter, just for the experience of living and working in the US.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    If I was him, and had the choice between Edinburgh, Kilmarnock and Portland, I think I'd plump for the latter, just for the experience of living and working in the US.
    Hear what you are saying however he is likely to want to move to England at some time or other and Scotland would give him that opportunity more than Oregon IMO. He can go to the MLS when he is ready to retire and wants to top up his pension fund.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Plus the Portland Timbers have the best mascot of any football team in the world. I went to see them play Bayern Munich in a pre season friendly a couple of years ago and 'Timber Joey' slicing up a log when Portland scored was the highlight of the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1cjtU0sayk

Only in America.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I am not so sure that Rankin will be away to be honest.

McBride and De Graaf for me would be the first away. Rankin, at least, gives energy and workrate. Decent to have in squad in my opinion and trains well, looks after himself and good around the dressing room.

Sadly I would also be losing Lewis Stevenson too. Not really progressed as he should have done, despite having a great attitude. Time to be ruthless sadly and get a more rounded midfielder in, in his place.

Liam Miller I would definitely be keeping. Once the balance is found and maintained, his best work will be in a more creative role. Great footballer, powder puff in the tackle. Hopefully the others will oblige in that department and allow him to do what he is best at.
    So does an alsatian.

I am a safe comfortable distance from being a Lewis Stevenson fan but I'll take him over Rankin any day.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    So does an alsatian.

I am a safe comfortable distance from being a Lewis Stevenson fan but I'll take him over Rankin any day.
    In an ideal world speedway I would have a new player in there, but I think CC will plump for Rankin if it comes down to a choice. He offers more than Lewis IMHO......for dress sense alone Lewis should be banished to the Ryman League

Both good characters and I agree to an extent about Rankin. But he would be a good player to have as a squad player for a variety of reasons as I say. Again, it's about balance, and if CC has found some quality in Palsson, Scott and Thornhill, then it may again mean that the others relax a bit more into their football. The burden is being shared around now for the bite, tackles and grit......this may see the likes of Rankin become a more confident player rather than running around like a toddler stung by a jellyfish

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The midfielders he has signed such as Palsson, Scott and Thornhill all have that mix of ability and physicality.
    Agreed mate. Early days but have been impressed with the new signings thus far.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    He was a very good player for Celtc, what's your point?
    season 2003/04-19 games started, 20 as sub. 4 goals, no assists?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Looks a decent young player and I won't mind signing him however I would prefer it if we started making moves to sign defenders and strikers. Anyways this young lad looks a good prospect who could be worth £3M-£4M in a few years, so I would take him and Caldo has brought in 3 very good midfielders to the club so far.