hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

Riordan To See Out His Career At Hibs?

Article in sporting life (can't link from here) is quoting Derek as saying he wishes to see out his career at HIbs.

Very complimentary about CC also.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Article in sporting life (can't link from here) is quoting Derek as saying he wishes to see out his career at HIbs.

Very complimentary about CC also.
    Here you go.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...d.html&BID=425

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

This week keeps getting better!

Good stuff from Deeks, Rod get it sorted.

Blog Entries
    The ball's in Petrie's court now. CC's statement of a few weeks ago that Hibs wouldn't move for Riordan but just wait and see what happens, seems a bit redundant. If ever there was a 'come-on' this is it. Surely Petrie won't allow this to drag on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    The ball's in Petrie's court now. CC's statement of a few weeks ago that Hibs wouldn't move for Riordan but just wait and see what happens, seems a bit redundant. If ever there was a 'come-on' this is it. Surely Petrie won't allow this to drag on.
    What I took from CC's stance on Riordan's contract situation was that he was waiting until he could make him a good enough offer to convince him to stay, i.e. after he has got rid of most of the dead wood at the end of the season he will have more budget available to offer Deeks a contract that will keep him at ER for a long time (rest of career even better).

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    What I took from CC's stance on Riordan's contract situation was that he was waiting until he could make him a good enough offer to convince him to stay, i.e. after he has got rid of most of the dead wood at the end of the season he will have more budget available to offer Deeks a contract that will keep him at ER for a long time (rest of career even better).

This was my understanding also, free up some wages and offer what should be a decent deal.

I got that too.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    Quote Originally Posted by purehibee1875 View Post
    This week keeps getting better!
    Indeed it does, happy days.

Last night was a real team performance, if we see that much desire from now until the end of the season there will be no complaints from me.

:notworthy:

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    "I want to stay" could just be a negotiation gambit.

This isn't a criticism of Riordan personally, but we all know how footballers operate - "I want to stay" often translates as "give me the money I'm asking for or I'm gone".

However, Calderwood brought in six players but none of them could be described as a replacement for Riordan - in fact they seem to be players who can help Riordan offer more to the team.

And I think he'd be mental if he goes to Rangers - both sides of his family would hate him, the Huns wouldn't take to him, and what does he do if it doesn't work out?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Dont be so ridiculous, CC does not rate him as a player and the board were trying to force him out, after all they do want to get us relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Dont be so ridiculous, CC does not rate him as a player and the board were trying to force him out, after all they do want to get us relegated.
    With that kind of comment go into a dark room and never come out again!!

First Team Breakthrough jackhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jackhfc PSN ID: rajpuss
    Great stuff from Deeks, also found these two funny

The presence of Sodje, who signed from Charlton on deadline day, will relieve some of the burden on Riordan.
    The Scotland striker added: "He's brilliant in the air and he's dead strong - he's got a 12-pack; he's ripped."

St Mirren dropped to 11th place with the defeat and defender Marc McAusland is wary of Irn-Bru Second Division Ayr, who provide the opposition in the Scottish Cup on Saturday.
    McAusland said: "It's a horrible place down there.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Deeks just trying to jump on the bandwagon, he knows we are on a roll now and probably gonna snatch the title away from the filthy weedgies and so has changed his mind about leaving. Makes me sick it really does!!!

First Team Breakthrough jackhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jackhfc PSN ID: rajpuss
    Deeks for an 8 year contract

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post
    With that kind of comment go into a dark room and never come out again!!
    Im guessing you have not mastered the art of sarcasm ???

Maybe you should go and have a lie down.

WHOOSH !

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

This isn't a criticism of Riordan personally, but we all know how footballers operate - "I want to stay" often translates as "give me the money I'm asking for or I'm gone".

However, Calderwood brought in six players but none of them could be described as a replacement for Riordan - in fact they seem to be players who can help Riordan offer more to the team.

And I think he'd be mental if he goes to Rangers - both sides of his family would hate him, the Huns wouldn't take to him, and what does he do if it doesn't work out?
    ...come back to Hibs?

My take as well And hopefully Derek will be made an offfer he can't refuse

Mon the Deekster

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Im guessing you have not mastered the art of sarcasm ???

Maybe you should go and have a lie down.

WHOOSH !
    Since sarcasm is the lowest form of humour, I think you should stay there with the dregs.

My take also, with a bit of "wait & see who I can bring in to compliment your game, Deek". After all he must have been pissed off playing alongside some of those imposters every week.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Since sarcasm is the lowest form of humour, I think you should stay there with the dregs.

Sarcasm doesn't work if you have to explain it
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs07p View Post
    My take also, with a bit of "wait & see who I can bring in to compliment your game, Deek". After all he must have been pissed off playing alongside some of those imposters every week.
    As a further angle, Deek might not want to sign a contract and find himself in division 1. After yesterday evening I'd therefore be more hopeful we can keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by jackhfc View Post
    Great stuff from Deeks, also found these two funny

The presence of Sodje, who signed from Charlton on deadline day, will relieve some of the burden on Riordan.
    The Scotland striker added: "He's brilliant in the air and he's dead strong - he's got a 12-pack; he's ripped."

St Mirren dropped to 11th place with the defeat and defender Marc McAusland is wary of Irn-Bru Second Division Ayr, who provide the opposition in the Scottish Cup on Saturday.
    McAusland said: "It's a horrible place down there.
    That's funny too

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

If he is willing to put as much effort into every game as he did last night then I do hope that he is offered a new deal but I would be annoyed if it was outwith a sensible wage structure.

The last couple of seasons have shown what happens when you have 3 or 4 highly paid but the rest of the squad made up of lower tier players, huge inconsistency and at times some awful football.

£2-3k per week is a top wage in the SPL outside the OF and I for one would rather be paying £15k per week to six good quailty players than to just three.

This is what took Dundee Utd to 3rd last year and a Scottish cup win where as our results relied solely on whether Riordan or Stokes could score enough goals to win a game because the rest of the team was lacking the required quality.

I've been saying it for a long time, if Deek can be part of a team and not just the cherry on top then we have a player worth keeping but if he is just an individual then I don't think we can afford him.

Left by mutual consent!

Riordan wants to stay!

according to Daily Record anyway!

I reckon Deeks would be a very good captain for us too,especially as the situation is abit up in the air at the moment!

Even I chuckled when he said that after the utter dross thats been posted on here about the board , CC and Riordan in the last wee while.

And I am maybe the s-l-ow-e-s-t on the uptake on here!

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Even I chuckled when he said that after the utter dross thats been posted on here about the board , CC and Riordan in the last wee while.

And I am maybe the s-l-ow-e-s-t on the uptake on here!

That's only because your ears are bent over, squeezed in as you are in your place of work, under the Hibernian FC boardroom table!!