hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Murray

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Murray

Was he playing as an attacking midfielder today? Looks far better going forward than in defence, let's keep him there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure what position he was playing tonight but he looked good. Showed he does have a wee bit of pace still in him when he chased the ball down the west with the St Mirren bloke and forcing a throw in.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure what position he was playing tonight but he looked good. Showed he does have a wee bit of pace still in him when he chased the ball down the west with the St Mirren bloke and forcing a throw in.
    Ian was playing well up the park in the 2nd half particularly. Showed great energy and determination.

Testimonial Due
    Looked like he was playing on the left of the midfield.

Coaching Staff
    Involved in both goals but otherwise looked pretty out of place on a vibrant midfield. Sorry but I'd have Scott there when he's back.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Involved in both goals but otherwise looked pretty out of place on a vibrant midfield. Sorry but I'd have Scott there when he's back.
    Agree. Ian is still a player very much worth having around but he received the ball in forward areas too often. Scott in for him and I'd be happy, IM is a good experienced utility man to fill in the gaps in several positions.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    His best game in a while, but still struggling with his pace and ability. Terrible tackling at times just because his touch was awful. Well done for last night, but its not enough these days to just clatter into folk, we need better, i hope Scotts the answer?

Coaching Staff
    Murray is going to be suspended for the two games after Killie so easy answer to get Scott in straight away and get the same midfield playing over those three games.

Murray is going to be suspended for the two games after Killie so easy answer to get Scott in straight away and get the same midfield playing over those three games.
    He picks up a booking pretty much every time he plays, due mainly to him being so late in the tackle ,and sometimes because his first touch is so bad. His time is nearly up.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    His presence was certainly helpful last night. He may not be a talkative cajoler, but he leads by example. He's slowing down - there's a reluctance by him to really drive forward with the ball any more - but his commitment lifts the whole team and yesterday gave all of them the impetuous to follow his lead with some hefty tackles.

Scott may be the long term solution, but Murray's experience and knowledge of the game means he certainly has a part to play in the upcoming 'battles'. We've a young team with little knowledge of Scottish football, Murray is quite the opposite in both repects... and he did knock it on intelligently to Sodje for the first goal

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He picks up a booking pretty much every time he plays, due mainly to him being so late in the tackle ,and sometimes because his first touch is so bad. His time is nearly up.
    Really confused why you are so keen to write him off?

Murray's obviously struggled this season, but he was rumoured to be near retirement at Rangers and came back from that.

Playing every week may become too much for him but he could still be an effective squad player for a while yet.

Murray gets pass marks for last night but is really too slow and I wonder if Jimmy had been available whether he would have started?

He did get involved though and his application and effort was unquestionable but when you see young Palsson having such an influence on the game you see exactly where Murray is lacking.

When everybody is available he wouldn't be in my starting line up but its good to know that if called upon he can do a job for the team.

Testimonial Due
    When I was walking back from the game last night I did have a rye smile thinking you would be sitting somewhere absolutly gutted / raging that Murray had featured so much and played such a large part in last nights game!

He picks up a lot of books as he is a committed player, he will go for a ball that a lot of others in that team would turn there nose up at and not even move for - part of the reason we have been losing so much this season. Last night all of our midfielders got stuck in - a very big part of the reason we won the game.

Ignore the evening news today and get back to the photo you have of him on the dart board, I am sure you will feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    When I was walking back from the game last night I did have a rye smile thinking you would be sitting somewhere absolutly gutted / raging that Murray had featured so much and played such a large part in last nights game!

He picks up a lot of books as he is a committed player, he will go for a ball that a lot of others in that team would turn there nose up at and not even move for - part of the reason we have been losing so much this season. Last night all of our midfielders got stuck in - a very big part of the reason we won the game.

Ignore the evening news today and get back to the photo you have of him on the dart board, I am sure you will feel better soon.
    Just a pity he turns like an oil tanker nowadays.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Just a pity he turns like an oil tanker nowadays.
    No problem for me, he can turn like two oil tankers if he has a hand in settle up a couple, keeping clean sheet and getting us 3 points.

The impression that I got was that we were lined up:

_______Palsson___Murray
    ___________Thornhill
    Wotherspoon__________Riordan
    ____________Sodje

then when Riordan drifted more central, Murray covered across.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar

Totally agree, I thought he had a great game. No-one works harder for the shirt than IM. And, as he showed last night, his motto is ' Nemo me impune lacessit'.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Really confused why you are so keen to write him off?

Murray's obviously struggled this season, but he was rumoured to be near retirement at Rangers and came back from that.

Playing every week may become too much for him but he could still be an effective squad player for a while yet.
    I'm not keen to write him off, i'd love him to be better. There is nothing better than having a hibby play for the team, and a hibby that does well even better. Thats not happening for me, and he struggles to keep up with the modern game imo.

There's the difference between you and me, i never gave you a thought.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    to me ian was playing left center mid with palmerson the holding midfielder this allowed ian to push the team forward and rough up the other team :)

i thought he was great last night cause he had to work harder because derek does not track back much when he is on the left side so ian had to do his share as well

IMHO IM's best match for Hibs this season. He was at the heart of most of the good stuff and seemed to enjoy having some "like-minded" midfielders around him. Ok he's struggling with pace, but if he keeps playing like that then there's a place in the team for Ian.

Testimonial Due
    There's the difference between you and me, i never gave you a thought.
    Thats because you were no doubt engrossed in Eastenders.

Murray's legs might be on their way out but his heart is enough to still see him imho in and around the Hibs first team! Let's wait and see how he does as the warmer weather comes back in again and the arthritis is not such a problem!

Left by mutual consent!
    No problem for me, he can turn like two oil tankers if he has a hand in settle up a couple, keeping clean sheet and getting us 3 points.

Good call Admins. That guy was just picking a fight with everyone. Looks like he found one

Anyway, Apologies for straying off topic. Murray played well last night, and nobody can fault his commitment, but as has been said, I think Scott is the long term answer in CM.

Thats because you were no doubt engrossed in Eastenders.
    You seem obsessed with if i'm at the games or not, i was there last night whether you believe me or not.