hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Walk up prices must be cut.

In the current situation I believe it is vital to cut prices and try our best to get bums on seats. I know this has been debated but theres nothing worse than a sea of empty seats. Anything that can be done needs to be done now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Do you think i could haggle with the guy at the turnstile tonight?
    Take a tenner pal or am gon hame!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the current situation I believe it is vital to cut prices and try our best to get bums on seats. I know this has been debated but theres nothing worse than a sea of empty seats. Anything that can be done needs to be done now.
    To be honest mate empty seats are the least of our problems right now.

Could be worse - we could be smelly Yams

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Fine with me as long as they give me a £100 voucher off next campaign's season's ticket. My season ticket costs me £20 per game.

Coaching Staff
    I honestly don't think prices have much effect on the crowds. You either want to go or you don't and it's been proven time and again that the main factor is not the price.

The Ayr game was £15!

We need to improve the team and the quality and to do that we can't take further hits on our income which is all this would lead to.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    What about the poor guys that have already forked out for a ST?

Give them a rebate

NEVER gonna get cut prices at ER at this time of the season No matter what..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    To be honest mate empty seats are the least of our problems right now.

Could be worse - we could be smelly Yams
    I know but youd be amazed how much a bigger crowd can help everyone.

Left by mutual consent!
    I go regardless. It is true that its not fair on ST's. I happen to think more people would go at 15 quid and 8 quid kids.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    What were our average grounds in div 1? 14k maybe? Doesn't matter if the product is fantastic or not we aren't going to get big crowds, price is irrelevant.

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Not totally irrelevant. I agree that it hasn't made much of a difference in the past when prices have been reduced but personally if it was a tenner to get in tonight I would be going. (As if that's going to happen!)

All depends on your reasons for not going. Mine is definitely the price.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    What were our average grounds in div 1? 14k maybe? Doesn't matter if the product is fantastic or not we aren't going to get big crowds, price is irrelevant.
    Think you might find that average gate was down when we were in Div 1

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    Not totally irrelevant. I agree that it hasn't made much of a difference in the past when prices have been reduced but personally if it was a tenner to get in tonight I would be going. (As if that's going to happen!)

All depends on your reasons for not going. Mine is definitely the price.
    I agree.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny1875 View Post
    Think you might find that average gate was down when we were in Div 1
    I thought they were up,
    got s couple of stats?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Fine with me as long as they give me a £100 voucher off next campaign's season's ticket. My season ticket costs me £20 per game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    What about the poor guys that have already forked out for a ST?

Give them a rebate

NEVER gonna get cut prices at ER at this time of the season No matter what..
    It's like the Christmas sales - you might have bought something in September for £100 but come Christmas when they can't shift them all they start punting them for £50. Would you go back in to the shop to complain or ask for £50 off your next purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It's like the Christmas sales - you might have bought something in September for £100 but come Christmas when they can't shift them all they start punting them for £50. Would you go back in to the shop to complain or ask for £50 off your next purchase?

Aye!

I agree they could lower the prices a bit especially over this vital period coming up.

Calderwood was lavish (for him) in praise of the fans tonight so how about a wee pecuniary gesture of appreciation?

You have used this comparison before, but it does not have anything to do with Christmas sales..... Why should you buy a season ticket, then find out games are being discounted? I think if that where to be the case, then season ticket holders may just think twice about renewing, which would blow a hole in the summer budget......The price has been set, no decreases in gate admission should occur IMO.....

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    You have used this comparison before, but it does not have anything to do with Christmas sales..... Why should you buy a season ticket, then find out games are being discounted? I think if that where to be the case, then season ticket holders may just think twice about renewing, which would blow a hole in the summer budget......The price has been set, no decreases in gate admission should occur IMO.....
    Gimmie 9500 fans like tonight with the greetin faced moaners absent and that will do me. Walk up prices now to remain the same for me.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    You need a better comparison C because that one is pish and getting a bit boring.

I offered two kids ST's on here for tonight that could have been upgraded for probably a tenner each. How many pm's did I get.........................correct ZERO

Wish folk would stop moaning about prices. If you don't want to pay then don't but stop coming on here moaning about it. It's getting right on my tits

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    You need a better comparison C because that one is pish and getting a bit boring.

I offered two kids ST's on here for tonight that could have been upgraded for probably a tenner each. How many pm's did I get.........................correct ZERO

Wish folk would stop moaning about prices. If you don't want to pay then don't but stop coming on here moaning about it. It's getting right on my tits
    Stop sitting on the fence Billy

I go regardless. It is true that its not fair on ST's. I happen to think more people would go at 15 quid and 8 quid kids.
    Would it not be better to decrease ST's by say 20% to encourage more ST's. For that to happen with alot less walk ups than ST's, we could put walk up prices up accordingly to compensate for lost ST revenue. I think this would work out at around £75 for adults and £40 for concessions. At least then walk ups like myself I add would be tempted to get an ST instead.

Seriously though dropping the price may change the attendance slightly but not enough to justify that drop in the first place ie charge £15 and £8 and you would need full houses every week to cover the revenue lost, which we all know isn't gonna happen.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

Maybe that was because everyone on here knows that they're non transferable

I agree that the christmas sales argument doesn't really work. It is not that people would expect a refund, it is more that people would be put off buying a product that they know is soon going to be reduced. Continuing with the xmas sales example, if you bought a pair of shoes for full price and they were then reduced in the sales then the following december you needed another pair of shoes it is much more likely that you will not buy them at full price because they are likely to be reduced in the sales.

If the prices were lower I'd be temped to go(e.g. last season I had a student season ticket and if I could've got one this year I would have) but I simply can't afford to pay full price. I'm not moaning, I'm just stating a fact and it shows that prices aren't irrelevant as some suggest.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    Maybe that was because everyone on here knows that they're non transferable
    Wrong. You can take my kids ST to the ticket office and pay to upgrade the seat to an adult

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    The summer budget's already chopped because of the Direct Debit scheme and it's lower again because of the number of folk that don't bother paying full price and getting OAP or student tickets when they don't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    I agree that the christmas sales argument doesn't really work. It is not that people would expect a refund, it is more that people would be put off buying a product that they know is soon going to be reduced. Continuing with the xmas sales example, if you bought a pair of shoes for full price and they were then reduced in the sales then the following december you needed another pair of shoes it is much more likely that you will not buy them at full price because they are likely to be reduced in the sales.
    Why doesn't it work though - I keep hearing it doesn't but noone says why.

As for your example - you have the option not to buy and wait for the reduced ticket (if it was to happen). It makes sense to sell the 10000 empty seats at £10-£15 instead of leaving them empty at £0, surely?!

@hibs.net private member
    At least I've provided one - I don't get anything in reply other than "no that's not right".

Folk are more concerned about "losing out" - if you think it's worth £400, pay it and don't worry about what everyone else is getting it for.

So nobody is now allowed on here to complain, rightly, about ridiculous prices for what has been football of a quite shocking standard?

Left by mutual consent!
    Well said Steve o . All I am saying is surely for a few games it is worth trying out its not a vase of moaning obviously not every 1 can afford over 20 quid a pop.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Would it not be better to decrease ST's by say 20% to encourage more ST's. For that to happen with alot less walk ups than ST's, we could put walk up prices up accordingly to compensate for lost ST revenue. I think this would work out at around £75 for adults and £40 for concessions. At least then walk ups like myself I add would be tempted to get an ST instead.

Seriously though dropping the price may change the attendance slightly but not enough to justify that drop in the first place ie charge £15 and £8 and you would need full houses every week to cover the revenue lost, which we all know isn't gonna happen.
    I think the problem with this is that if someone can't afford to pay walk ups at 25 quid they're unlikely to have the money in a lump sum to buy a ST.

I could have sworn we had this conversation last week.

As I pointed out then your analogy is flawed. Season ticket sales are offered on the basis that it is cheaper to attend Easter Road over the season if you pay up front. You don't get a guarantee like that with a pair of jeans do you?

Could we just copy and paste this when it comes up again next week?

Anyway, one thing above all else gets fans in to the ground, a winning team.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Just shave £100 off season ticket prices versus walk up prices get the Seasons up to 13k+ and jobs a good un. Interest free monthly payments and there really should be few excuses.