hibs.net Messageboard

Apologies Edwin degraff

Just wanting to say that although i have been extremely critical of him as he has been poor for hibs, he was not a wage thief and gutless etc like several others have been labelled. He is a just a classic example of a player who's legs have just completely gone so therefore couldnt adapt in the SPL. He would have been a belter of a signing a few years ago but just age seems to have caught up with him, a little like ian murray imo.

All the best Edwin.

This video seems to suggest that he started his career as a flying winger... who'd have thought it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Be honest your just saying all this because we have finally got shot of him?

Quote Originally Posted by just_joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Be honest your just saying all this because we have finally got shot of him?
    It has helped me look back and judge him properly and he is nothing like players like liam miller/jonathan grounds etc. They just don't/didn't look like they even want to be here. It was so frustrating at times with degraff but his body catching up with him is understandable. The players i mentioned can't really use that as a reason.

Nah - he's pash, and hopefully the loan is a permanent ta-ta. Hart next please.

Did you see the size of the ref that booked him around 1.20 into the video

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Just wanting to say that although i have been extremely critical of him as he has been poor for hibs, he was not a wage thief and gutless etc like several others have been labelled. He is a just a classic example of a player who's legs have just completely gone so therefore couldnt adapt in the SPL. He would have been a belter of a signing a few years ago but just age seems to have caught up with him, a little like ian murray imo.

All the best Edwin.

This video seems to suggest that he started his career as a flying winger... who'd have thought it?
    Does anyone know if the guy in this video has a team, as I think he could really do a job for us????
    Oh, wait a minute.............

Wonder if someone showed this to Yogi and this is why we signed him???

the first 2 1/2 mins of the video showed me that he couldnt score in a barrel of fannies just like he was at hibs

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He should be apologising to us, for those inept performances from the minute he landed at Edinburgh airport. Don't hurry back Edwin.

[QUOTE=Cameron1875;2723430]Just wanting to say that although i have been extremely critical of him as he has been poor for hibs, he was not a wage thief and gutless etc like several others have been labelled. He is a just a classic example of a player who's legs have just completely gone so therefore couldnt adapt in the SPL. He would have been a belter of a signing a few years ago but just age seems to have caught up with him, a little like ian murray imo.

All the best Edwin.

is he not about 30 year old?

davy weir has many years on him and hes still coping

Coaching Staff
    Interesting that the majority of his good goals and ability shown are in the clips where he was with Roosendaal, up to 10 years ago. I am sure we and Killie fans could make a tribute video up of big Nishy and make him look like Alan Shearer

Poor footballer, a typical Hughes signing, picked up after an injury and really employed on the back of his previous form instead of current form.

Would have taken Penn and Teller, Derren Brown, Paul Daniels and a sprinkling of Hughes' magic dust to make a footballer out of De Graaf. Awful player.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Hapless.

Hopeless.

Not Hibsloss.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    had high hopes for him, and saw occasional glimpses of a good player.

Kept on thinking, "he's gonna come good". It just never happened. Shame.

Makes a mockery of the "signing proven, ecxperienced players" argument, this one!

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    had high hopes for him, and saw occasional glimpses of a good player.

Kept on thinking, "he's gonna come good". It just never happened. Shame.

Makes a mockery of the "signing proven, ecxperienced players" argument, this one!
    I disagree, all it said to me was it proves you should not buy players well past their sell by date, who's legs are shot.

Great news!

I found it strange that he played in the dutch league so he some player complete nonsense. Every league in the land has shan players.

The facts are he was guff for Hibernian and should never have pulled on the famous jersey.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He should be apologising to us, for those inept performances from the minute he landed at Edinburgh airport. Don't hurry back Edwin.

My Amsterdam colleagues pished themselves laughing when I told them he'd signed for us.</p>

Left by mutual consent!
    DiGraaf had some shocking matches, but to single him out is a little unfair.

Actually, no it's not.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    He'd had a couple of bad injuries prior to signing for us and was always going to be a bit of a gamble.

Was quite excited about him when he signed but to be honest from the Dunfermline game pre-season we knew he wasn't that clever.

I disagree, all it said to me was it proves you should not buy players well past their sell by date, who's legs are shot.
    Or that you should not buy players on the strength of video footage alone. Seeing them in the flesh is normally a good idea !!!!!

De Graaf, Hart and Smith - there is no forgiving Hughes and Rice for signing these three duds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    Or that you should not buy players on the strength of video footage alone. Seeing them in the flesh is normally a good idea !!!!!

De Graaf, Hart and Smith - there is no forgiving Hughes and Rice for signing these three duds.

Like that useless big twit Sauzee.
    While I'm on here, what happened to the grand old Hibs tradition of converting crap or slow forwards to useful defenders .
    Turnbull, Cousins, Rae, Jamieson, er etc, etc. Nish might be a revelation at CH.
    Last edited by sahib; 02-02-2011 at 12:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Not his fault he wasn't good enough - he didn't sign himself...

Quote Originally Posted by sahib View Post
    While I'm on here, what happened to the grand old Hibs tradition of converting crap or slow forwards to useful defenders .
    Turnbull, Cousins, Rae, Jamieson, er etc, etc. Nish might be a revelation at CH.
    Sauzee was past it?

Shame Yogi wasn't at the airport when customs x-rayed Edwin on his arrival. He would have known then that he was gutless and spineless and stuck him on the next flight to Amsterdam thus saving us a barrowload of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by sahib View Post
    I actually thought bout this he couldn't do any worse could he? he also would never score own goals!

rj hibs
    Left by mutual consent!
    Sauzee was past it?
    To play on the wing you have to have some pace and be quick on the ball, hence why de Graff found it tougher as he seemed a bit too slow. As a sweeper, sauzee would rely much more on his reading of the game than his physical attributes, so with his vast experience he would be able to still perform at a high level.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    mmm, a certain mr sauzee signed for us aged 33 , de graff only 30 ffs[legs gone my arse] he wiz murder end of
    ggtth

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post

Three great examples of a snorker in a poke.