hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

1. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, I'll go.

Tachemeister, we've been doing our part, if the players and management can just concentrate on doing theirs to the same level that would be great.

Cheers.

Sounds about right.

There's not much more that can be done, other than checking out of contract players, so it's time for everyone to get behind the team.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Sounds about right.

There's not much more that can be done, other than checking out of contract players, so it's time for everyone to get behind the team.
    Everyone thats on the data base you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    if the players and management can just concentrate on doing theirs to the same level that would be great.

Considering all the posts writing off the new guys before they've even kicked a ball, he has a point.

The time has come to get behind the team, regardless of who those 11 players are and cheer them on. Will booing them every time they miss a pass help us stay up? Me thinks not.

Aye, and if we get beat the morn then our season starts the next game and so on and so forth. Perhaps had you loosened the purse strings and bought some proven quality you wouldbt have to keep issuing these rallying cries.

Sigh, anyhoo, I will be at er tomorrow and will give the team total support.

Rods Speech

Hibernian Football Club is our passion.
    It is at the core of who we all are; an anchor point in our busy lives.

We all want the same thing for our great Club: success
    It would be easy to look back and dwell on the recent unprecedented run of results.
    That does not help us. Instead, we need to look forward and make our contribution to our Club's future.
    As anticipated by many, there have been some changes to the playing squad. Yes, some players - fans favourites included - have left the Easter Road stage on permanent deals or short term loans. We thank them for their contribution. But we must look forward. We welcome the six new signings in the January Transfer Window and look forward to them playing their part in our Club's future.

We must drive forward together, with confidence and with strength of character. We all know what we can achieve - but actually, we can do better than that if we pull together collectively to make our Club the best it can be.

We all have a role to play. The players take centre stage, directed by the Manager and his coaching staff. It is their performances that can inspire us. But as supporters we also have a role - to create an atmosphere that welcomes and encourages our players to perform at their best.

That positive sporting but robust atmosphere can also intimidate visiting teams. We have all noted the passion and noise generated from the stands this season - a support that, no matter what the results have been, continues to make noise and drive the team on.

Being part of this makes us Hibernian, and with that support, we can motivate players on to better things, to winning games. Let's continue to create that 'home advantage' for our team.

Behind the scenes every member of staff is playing their role too. From Ticket Office to Hospitality to Ground staff and Administration staff, they have all been tremendous and they continue to maintain an enthusiastic and professional presence, dedicated to the cause and wanting only what is best for the Club.

Together we are stronger. We all have a place in shaping the future for our Club. The rest of our season starts now. Let's all play our part.
    Rod Petrie
    Chairman

Very good speech !

Part of me wants to give him another go ! The other part says enough is enough and rod should still be held accountable for the mess were in !

Onwards and upwards :)

GGTH

Blog Entries
    lets have more in the ground than posting on here during home games

The rest of the season starts now.

BRING IT. Think we're going to pump the Saints 5-0! MON.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Everyone thats on the data base you mean?
    http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?1...At-Easter-Road

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    "Behind the scenes every member of staff is playing there role too . From ticket office...." has he ever tried gettin in touch with them? you would get more of a chance getting in touch with Bin laden.
    Last edited by just_joe; 01-02-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We all know what's at stake, let's just get on with it now. The time for recriminations is later. There's nothing else we can do.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    We all know what's at stake, let's just get on with it now. The time for recriminations is later. There's nothing else we can do.

Coaching Staff
    Joking aside it's well intentioned.

A huge part of pur problem is confidence and anxiety. If the guys go out expecting moans and boos at the first mis-placed pass or miss then they won't be able to get out of this.

We need to draw a line under it all now and try and keep all that away fromthe players.

I've been critical of our role in getting here in the first place. I think some of the 'duds' have gotten that way due to being petrified as a result of us not giving them many chances. We can't play a part in our own demise here and although I know that we nomrally just react to what we are seeing we need to try and temper our reaction on the day!

Quote Originally Posted by just_joe View Post
    "Behind the scenes every member of staff is playing there role too . From ticket office...." has he ever tried gettin in touch with them? you would get more of a chance getting in touch with Bin laden.
    Whole other subject but I've never had a problem with them and was thoroughly impressed when they put me on the waiting list for Hearts tickets and got back in touch with me 2 days later to say they were available.

Left by mutual consent! Disco Dave's Avatar
    Well when the **** does he play his part? Just do the right thing and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    For me, it comes across as the same old corporate puff speak from our PR department.

Did Rod really say this?

I dunno no, I haven't met the fella before but it feels cold and insincere, a bit like question time at the white house, all the answers appear scripted and advised.

I think this is RP's last throw of the dice and let's pray we get through this.

C'mon the Hibs

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    It's a rallying call and it's no different to the plethora of rallying calls we've had on here and nobody here got derided for it. Good on him, he didn't need to issue it inasmuch as he did with the last statement.

Talent-wise, are we better on 1 Feb as we were on 1 Jan? Questionable.

Do we look more of a squad now than we did on 1 Jan? Undoubtedly.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

I welcome the statement but again the board are telling us of our role but what of theirs?

Regardless I agree we do all need to pull together and unite to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Okay, I'll go.

Tachemeister, we've been doing our part, if the players and management can just concentrate on doing theirs to the same level that would be great.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Regardless I agree we do all need to pull together and unite to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.

The time for reflection is in the summer. Now is the time to back the team 100%.

Rod Petrie "We all want the same thing for our great Club: success"

Is he for real? His motivation for years now has been to
    bring money in selling any talent = money, money, money,
    ... only now gate receipts are being hit is the accountant bothered.

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumner View Post

Spot on.

Years of selling our stars and they didn't expect fans to become frustrated and go elsewhere? Luckily football clubs are unique in that no matter what the product/mentality of those in charge, there will still be the hardcore element showing up week after week. Obviously the dwindling numbers are starting to fully unravel to the board, que the hollow words from the club.

Last night/transfer window was the perfect PR opportunity for the club in encouraging fans back.
    Last edited by the_ginger_hibee; 01-02-2011 at 05:53 PM.

First Team Breakthrough zero-seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs1875 View Post
    Rods Speech

Hibernian Football Club is our passion.
    It is at the core of who we all are; an anchor point in our busy lives.

We all want the same thing for our great Club: success
    It would be easy to look back and dwell on the recent unprecedented run of results.
    That does not help us. Instead, we need to look forward and make our contribution to our Club's future.
    As anticipated by many, there have been some changes to the playing squad. Yes, some players - fans favourites included - have left the Easter Road stage on permanent deals or short term loans. We thank them for their contribution. But we must look forward. We welcome the six new signings in the January Transfer Window and look forward to them playing their part in our Club's future.

We must drive forward together, with confidence and with strength of character. We all know what we can achieve - but actually, we can do better than that if we pull together collectively to make our Club the best it can be.

We all have a role to play. The players take centre stage, directed by the Manager and his coaching staff. It is their performances that can inspire us. But as supporters we also have a role - to create an atmosphere that welcomes and encourages our players to perform at their best.

That positive sporting but robust atmosphere can also intimidate visiting teams. We have all noted the passion and noise generated from the stands this season - a support that, no matter what the results have been, continues to make noise and drive the team on.

Being part of this makes us Hibernian, and with that support, we can motivate players on to better things, to winning games. Let's continue to create that 'home advantage' for our team.

Behind the scenes every member of staff is playing their role too. From Ticket Office to Hospitality to Ground staff and Administration staff, they have all been tremendous and they continue to maintain an enthusiastic and professional presence, dedicated to the cause and wanting only what is best for the Club.

Together we are stronger. We all have a place in shaping the future for our Club. The rest of our season starts now. Let's all play our part.
    Rod Petrie
    Chairman

Very good speech !

Part of me wants to give him another go ! The other part says enough is enough and rod should still be held accountable for the mess were in !

Onwards and upwards :)

GGTH
    Petrie

you must be held accountable for the current state of affairs..bad decisions have been made by you and others, i realise you have Hibernian in your best interests, but we need a strong team who can challenge for cups and titles, not fight relegation...these players we currently have will never challenge for top honours..you agreed to release our funds to buy them..buck stops with you.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post
    Spot on.

Years of selling our stars and they didn't expect fans to become frustrated and go elsewhere? Luckily football clubs are unique in that no matter what the product/mentality of those in charge, there will still be the hardcore element showing up week after week. Obviously the dwindling numbers are starting to fully unravel to the board, que the hollow words from the club.

Last night/transfer window was the perfect PR opportunity for the club in encouraging fans back.
    The players were leaving anyway. Nearly every club is a selling club, the key is getting the best price.

Funds were released to managers and they didn't sign good enough replacements. More alarmingly, our youth development programme has gone into reverse.

Despite what some are making out, Petrie doesn't do everything at the club. However, it appears that if you repeat something enough times it becomes a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by just_joe View Post
    Hallelujah a new moan

Fife Hyland writes well, I'll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    The players were leaving anyway. Nearly every club is a selling club, the key is getting the best price.

Funds were released to managers and they didn't sign good enough replacements. More alarmingly, our youth development programme has gone into reverse.

Despite what some are making out, Petrie doesn't do everything at the club. However, it appears that if you repeat something enough times it becomes a fact.
    He does.
    He sold me a couple of pies at the last game and then donned a dayglo jacket and chucked me out for standing up while I ate them.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.