Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Stack to start tomorrow

As per Calderwood on Hibs tv

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Then what's the new goalie for?!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Hes obviously seen enough from Smith and Brown to convince himself they aint good enough. Either that or now its Stacks turn, b4 the new lad will get a shot

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As per Calderwood on Hibs tv
    WTF

Its a must win game relegation battle not the Goalie factor

total joke

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    Then what's the new goalie for?!
    To play in about 4 weeks time when Stack has had his wee shot.

I'm not really impressed with this keeper idea, lets play the best one we've got and punt the two worst ones or injury prone ones in May.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    Hes obviously seen enough from Smith and Brown to convince himself they aint good enough. Either that or now its Stacks turn, b4 the new lad will get a shot
    sure or guess....Stack was not even on Bench last game

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Curious indeed. Can't he just rule the roost over our 'keepers in training like any other manager and play who he thinks best?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    What do we do then if the reason for rotating goalies is to decide who will be no 2 to Divis going forward, then he has it away on his toes in the close season. Mad Monk take 2?

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    sure or guess....Stack was not even on Bench last game
    CC quoted on Hibs site

I think he is making a Rod for his on back.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    To play in about 4 weeks time when Stack has had his wee shot.

I'm not really impressed with this keeper idea, lets play the best one we've got and punt the two worst ones or injury prone ones in May.
    This is just a ridiculous way to manage a team, why did he bother bringing in another keeper if not to be his No1? Stack is always injured, and although i like him, he cant seriously be considering another contract?

Smith is sheite, end of.

Brown well who knows what happened there? Does Calderwood know what he's doing?

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This is just a ridiculous way to manage a team, why did he bother bringing in another keeper if not to be his No1? Stack is always injured, and although i like him, he cant seriously be considering another contract?

Smith is sheite, end of.

Brown well who knows what happened there? Does Calderwood know what he's doing?
    I'm with Calderwood on this one.

Asking a lot to throw a young foreign keeper in the mix for a vital game.

They'll spend the hours on the training ground learning an understanding with the back 4 before he's pitched in.

There's not enough time since he has signed to have learnt how to communicate with them. These are all things which need worked on in training especially when you're at your first foreign club and English is your second language.

Could be the best shot stopper in the world but if you sell a goal by not commanding your box it's pointless.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Calderwood is really taking this rebuild seriously. Everyone is getting a more than fair chance in my book.

Can't really believe we are continuing with this goalkeeper merry go round stuff.

All seems a bit bonkers and clueless to me.

Still, if we manage a clean sheet tomorrow, then all will be forgiven

When was the last time Stack started a game ?

I know he played in the 3v3 with NUFC a few weeks ago.

Whose going to be on the bench for reserve GK ?

He is giving them a fair shot to prove themselves but mixing it around in such a crucial time ??! Doesn't make it easier that the back four now have a different person behind them.

Hope he does ok - Smith was never the answer

I can understand CC's reasons for giving each keeper a chance but does he not realise we are fighting for our SPL survival and need to play as settled a team as possible. No wonder our central defenders don't have a clue what they're doing. Now is not the time to experiment.

@hibs.net private member
    Every time I start to feel positive about Hibs we just seem to come up with another stroke of madness. Wonder who else's number has come out of the bingo selection game

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    I'm with Calderwood on this one.

Asking a lot to throw a young foreign keeper in the mix for a vital game.

They'll spend the hours on the training ground learning an understanding with the back 4 before he's pitched in.

There's not enough time since he has signed to have learnt how to communicate with them. These are all things which need worked on in training especially when you're at your first foreign club and English is your second language.

Could be the best shot stopper in the world but if you sell a goal by not commanding your box it's pointless.
    Not for me, how long has Stack been working with the back 4? He's been injured since the 1st game of the season, will he get 4 games then the new guy gets his chance? Does not make sense to me.

He surely cant be thinking of another contract for Stack? We need 2 fit keepers fighting for the 1st team place, probably 3. Stacks not going to be able to do that, and will surely be released in the summer.

It's not the goalie that's been the problem most of this season, it was what was DIRECTLY in front of him that's been the main problem.

Thanks to CC replacing Brown with Smith and bizarrely signing ANOTHER GK, we now have that position to worry about as well.

What next, will he drop Booth and give Stevenson another four games to "judge" him as well. FFS CC, your main priority should have been at least one good CB and a target man, not to tinker with positions that weren't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    It's not the goalie that's been the problem most of this season, it was what was DIRECTLY in front of him that's been the main problem.

Thanks to CC replacing Brown with Smith and bizarrely signing ANOTHER GK, we now have that position to worry about as well.

What next, will he drop Booth and give Stevenson another four games to "judge" him as well. FFS CC, your main priority should have been at least one good CB and a target man, not to tinker with positions that weren't too bad.

This is freeking ridiculous if true- he has had AGES to work out who is the best- bar the new guy- and he's still chopping and changing

the defence needs to gel not have a new face behind them at every turn.

We won't have a settled def until he gets it sorted and stack is without question not good enough

From the Official Hibernian Site -

Calderwood said: "Our goalkeeper situation remains very strong and Graham Stack is the one that will start tomorrow night.

"He will get his opportunity and they all know where they stand. Although, it looks as if there are too many (goalkeepers) there; it is good competition and they will all be given their opportunity."

After a busy and productive month on the transfer front, Calderwood now says the next objective is to ensure the new players mesh seamlessly into the team.
    He said: "We have brought some new boys into the club. I think they'll be good additions certainly moving forward.

"But that group has got to really gel with the boys, who are already here.
    "We've got to find a rhythm and a team ethic very quickly. We've got to make sure one or two half-decent debuts are followed up by a long run of good performances by the incoming players.

Surely we gel keeping the same team - this bingo has to stop before it's too late!

Testimonial Due

Coco the Clown

Jesus, you simply couldn't make this stuff up; the man is either barking mad or deliberately wants us to lose so he gets the sack.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Not for me, how long has Stack been working with the back 4? He's been injured since the 1st game of the season, will he get 4 games then the new guy gets his chance? Does not make sense to me.

He surely cant be thinking of another contract for Stack? We need 2 fit keepers fighting for the 1st team place, probably 3. Stacks not going to be able to do that, and will surely be released in the summer.
    I agree - my point was more to do with the new guy not starting.

We all seem to think Brown is the best keeper in the squad but since he's been no.1 we've barely won a game and defensively been a shambles - something that's continued through Smith's comeback games.

If Stack comes in, keeps a clean sheet and helps the back 4 keep their line he'll have the gloves for the remainder of the season providing he stays injury free which I suspect is the reason he's not been given a run out before.

Divis will begin next season as our no.1 IMO unless his performances in training leave it impossible to leave him out.

Calderwood would be better never changing the team. It would give folk less opportunity to criticise him.

Folk have been wailing about Smith for the past fortnight. Smith gets dropped. Folk start moaning again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Perhaps he doesn't rate any of the 3 keepers and he thinks that to give the Czech time to bed in we can give the 3 a pre-planned mini run of games, having tricked them into thinking this is their crunch time. Brown was ok, Smith was mince but he wants away regardless and Stack needs to get some gametime if he needs to either settle or move on.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    as long as smith never gets another chance

on the plus side we are having a bounce game this week to give him a chance to look at some more players that have had thier contracts termintated by other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    Perhaps he doesn't rate any of the 3 keepers and he thinks that to give the Czech time to bed in we can give the 3 a pre-planned mini run of games, having tricked them into thinking this is their crunch time. Brown was ok, Smith was mince but he wants away regardless and Stack needs to get some gametime if he needs to either settle or move on.
    Has Smith said he wants away? Quicker the better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    I agree - my point was more to do with the new guy not starting.

We all seem to think Brown is the best keeper in the squad but since he's been no.1 we've barely won a game and defensively been a shambles - something that's continued through Smith's comeback games.

If Stack comes in, keeps a clean sheet and helps the back 4 keep their line he'll have the gloves for the remainder of the season providing he stays injury free which I suspect is the reason he's not been given a run out before.

Divis will begin next season as our no.1 IMO unless his performances in training leave it impossible to leave him out.
    Smith is hopeless and has been since Perth last year,his back must still be sair picking the ba' out of the net. Brown played very well imho in ne'rday game, then got dropped. Smith contributed big style to our last 3 results. brown should be in.

A very weak decision from a very poor manager.