hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar

Where is the Centre Back?

If we don't sign a Centre back by close of play today we've had it. Plenty rumours of forwards but nothing on a defender. I am really, really concerned.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we don't sign a Centre back by close of play today we've had it. Plenty rumours of forwards but nothing on a defender. I am really, really concerned.

I have a feeling that Palsson could end up being the centre half. When Thornhill is fully fit I expect to see him play centre mid with Martin Scott and Palsson playing alongside Hanlon at CH.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeescott View Post
    I have a feeling that Palsson could end up being the centre half. When Thornhill is fully fit I expect to see him play centre mid with Martin Scott and Palsson playing alongside Hanlon at CH.

He said in an interview that CC had promised to play him in his favoured position of DM which he was happy about.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    He said in an interview that CC had promised to play him in his favoured position of DM which he was happy about.
    That can easily change if our CH's keep playing like Dickoh did yesterday.

@hibs.net private member
    Did Palsson not say during interview that CC had promised to play him in his favoured position of holding role in centre of midfield.

Would concern me not to have at least one older head in with Towell, Hanlon and Booth. All 3 look excellent prospects but need an experienced talker with ability alongside them.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    Agree. I felt a CH was the top priority once Bamba had gone. We need a striker too, but that won't be enough if we keep giving so many goals away.
    If there's no new CH then the new loan 'keeper had better be good, because he's going to be busy I fear.

:notworthy:There are a couple of guys who could do a better job than present who might be available. One's called Stanton and the other Blackley. They're a bit slower than they used to be but we could bring in two forwards who are also available. O'Rourke and Reilly has a nice ring to it (RIP Alan Gordon!).

It's a disgrace that this club has descended so fast from these mighty footballers and the esteem they once gave us. Hopefully we can get back to that just as quickly.

agree whats the obsession with signing goalies??

we have a good goalie in mark brown.

centre half & striker is a must or i fear we will go down

both hamilton & st mirren have games in hand on us and im sorry but dickoh and nish aint good enough

@hibs.net private member
    Wish we had got Webster...................