hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Site

Official Site

On a day when 3 players sign for other clubs, and we gain a new goalie on loan, none of this is reported on the official club site yet.

What is the point of this website, which has a latest news page, when the updates are few and far between?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Shows how far that site has fallen. Used to be good.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Its ajoke. One of the last places to go for news about all things Hibs.

It's always been the same irrespective of who was running it. If you ever want to know about Hibs' business with other clubs - use the other club's site.

First Team Breakthrough persevere1875's Avatar
    Or maybe the guy's waiting for the finalisation of another deal/s before he writes the article

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a day when 3 players sign for other clubs, and we gain a new goalie on loan, none of this is reported on the official club site yet.

What is the point of this website, which has a latest news page, when the updates are few and far between?
    I agree, should be updated much more often. Often lately the club have released one story with all the business conducted on the last day so says to me we aren't done yet.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs website is poor. It seems to want to sell apps, hibs tv and stuff from.the shop rather giving fans info

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

It's latest news today is yesterday's 3-0 defeat. I thought they would like to hide this at the earliest opportunity?

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar

thought the same recently about Hibernian TV, still no interview with matt thornhill, there used to be interviews with managment and players almost daily

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Still waiting to complete signings of Rooney, Bogdanovic & a Centre Half ;)

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post

thought the same recently about Hibernian TV, still no interview with matt thornhill, there used to be interviews with managment and players almost daily
    While we're having a (fully deserved) pop at the website i'll get this off my chest too....does my head in that despite paying almost £400 for a season ticket i need to pay extra to hear the majority of interviews with the manager or players.

I realise this is needed income for the club, however if your paying for a season ticket then thats surely something that can be thrown in.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Agree, it's gash. I'd be surprised if they even bother to mention these

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    While we're having a (fully deserved) pop at the website i'll get this off my chest too....does my head in that despite paying almost £400 for a season ticket i need to pay extra to hear the majority of interviews with the manager or players.

I realise this is needed income for the club, however if your paying for a season ticket then thats surely something that can be thrown in.

Spot on Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Its ajoke. One of the last places to go for news about all things Hibs.
    says as much about the relationship the club has with the supporters as anything. Petrie's penny-pinching at its best, or maybe they just don't give a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by persevere1875 View Post
    Or maybe the guy's waiting for the finalisation of another deal/s before he writes the article
    They'll be waiting for the final signing or the window closing. I think the point is that other clubs manage to keep their supporters informed as the day progresses.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...on the plus side, travel and ticket details are headline news for yesterdays game

there is a definite chill in the air and disillusionment with the way the club is being run both on and off the park. Some of the decision making is stunning.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I cancelled my subsciption this season, i only really used it for listening to games i was not at. The bbc does all that for free, and i'm at most home games. HI used to be good, but imo not anymore. If you live abroad its vital especially because you can watch the home games live, but here in the uk, its not for me now.

Totally agree.

Anyone in the UK can get basically the same pre/post match interviews on the BBC website - for free.

I can see why overseas fans would go for it because you can also watch live games through Hibs TV that you are unable to do if you stay in the UK but other than that, I don't see that it's value for money.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

i was going to bring this up at the fans forum that got cancelled because of the weather

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Totally agree.

Anyone in the UK can get basically the same pre/post match interviews on the BBC website - for free.

I can see why overseas fans would go for it because you can also watch live games through Hibs TV that you are unable to do if you stay in the UK but other than that, I don't see that it's value for money.
    The live games though are seperate 6 pound charges from HI TV, so I dont bother with HI tv coz I have sky and also BBC news covers a lot of interviews etc as well......don't see the value of HI at all, and even the 6 quid for live games is not that cheap considering the quality is often poor. The ST for all live games was a pathetic offer as well.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    I only have it this season as I got a year free as part of the introduce a new ST holder promotion.

Hardly listen to any interviews now primarily due to change in HTV personnel.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    FFS! What difference does it make if you don't hear about a deal within 5 minutes of it being completed?

It's obvious to me that, as the club's official organ (), the output is all carefully controlled by the board prior to being published.

Perhaps they're too busy doing other things, like negotiating contracts, to bother sorting out press releases.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    I only have it this season as I got a year free as part of the introduce a new ST holder promotion.

Hardly listen to any interviews now primarily due to change in HTV personnel.
    When it first started with Stuart Crowther, it was fantastic. John Campbell and Diane (sorry dont know your surname D) used to do a live radio slot. An hour during the week just talking about Hibs. It was superb, and again on a Saturday they were live from easter road from early morning, again superb.

Now its all professional, and bland very bland. I'd pay double what they charge now for those days back. I wouldn't think this lot, perform will ever see my money.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    When it first started with Stuart Crowther, it was fantastic. John Campbell and Diane (sorry dont know your surname D) used to do a live radio slot. An hour during the week just talking about Hibs. It was superb, and again on a Saturday they were live from easter road from early morning, again superb.

Now its all professional, and bland very bland. I'd pay double what they charge now for those days back. I wouldn't think this lot, perform will ever see my money.

Bring back "The Back Four" on a Friday night

Anyone know if "that program" is still available on archive anywhere

PC stamp, Jonnyboy and Matty will know what I mean

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I`ve never been a big user of the official site, only really look at the fixtures for plotting the month ahead.

Think I have been on it more via links from Hibs.net whenever an announcement is made. Never bothered with HI, and as others have pointed out, it is a bit galling to dole out money on top of the season ticket for what sounds like a pretty average product. (the same could be said for the ST of course!)

While a top class web-site would be nice, it is way down the list of our worries at this time.

When are the fans going to get together and demand a forum with the manager & board?

When are the fans going to stop moaning about our situation and do something about it? Demand a meeting with the manager and the Hibs Board.

Its about time we started to make sure our voices are heard. I've been a season ticket at Easter Road for 30 years and I have just sat back and watched the games, accepting the good times with the bad.

This time enough is enough. I have stopped going to away games, and unless things improve drastically I will no longer renew my season ticket.

Maybe we need to boycott the Kilmarnock game to make our point.

We need to look at what is going on behind the scenes. Tell me any other football club that allows 16 first team players to be out of contract at the same time. Clearly they are not going to give their all in case they get injured and no other club will offer them a contract.http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/confused2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post

Bring back "The Back Four" on a Friday night

Anyone know if "that program" is still available on archive anywhere

PC stamp, Jonnyboy and Matty will know what I mean
    Yip bring it back, along with down the slope. (My idea that) Quality listening, and we could actually phone in too. None of this real radio pish saturated with old firm sheite, pure Hibs all the way through.

You're bang on. I'm all for the club maximising their income, but at the moment the website and communications strategy is nothing more than a begging bowl.

Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club. Home cup tickets and Hibs TV should be part of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Shows how far that site has fallen. Used to be good.

When was it ever good?

PR at Easter Road is a joke, always has been always will be, run on the cheap by a cheapskate board, the idea of just selling strips at the club shop only must rate as the most idiotic idea ever, so this runs over on to "website", always days behind in news and seems rarely updated depending on who can be bothered to do it, constant problems with Hibs TV in logging in and viewing have not been addressed despite me emailing and phoning them about it.

If you act cheap you get cheap, I don't even bother looking at it or using it anymore.

That is all