hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taxi for Dickoh

Taxi for Dickoh

Dickoh responsible for all the goals...

GTF

Never rated him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yip, the CBs have been shocking and here we are at the end of the window persisting with Dickoh and Hanlon. Two CBs and a target man should have been our top priorities.

Hanlon needs an experienced CB beside him to help him along. He's finally starting to get a run of games at Centre Back and I have a lot more time and patience for him to grow and hold down a place in that position.

Dickoh however has played there his entire career and looks utterly clueless. Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and can't read the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yip, the CBs have been shocking and here we are at the end of the window persisting with Dickoh and Hanlon. Two CBs and a target man should have been our top priorities.
    Goal 1 - Never picked up Daly's run
    Goal 2 - Outpaced, out muscled by Conway. Didn't even put him off for his shot.
    Goal 3 - 3 defenders playing for offside. He plays 3 utd players on.

@hibs.net private member
    Never saw todays match, but I've said for weeks now (not on here though) ickoh and Hanlon don't look comfortable together at CB. I don't know what it is exactly, but it's like they play alongside each other, not along with each other.

@hibs.net private member
    No awareness whatsoever just stood and watched 1st and 3rd goals and totally outstripped for 2nd.

Hanlon doing well but needs a big strong leader beside him.

ROD GET THE PURSE STRINGS LOOSENED AND GET WEBSTER IN FROM THE HUNS.

ALSO ROONEY AND SAMMON UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO DOWN

Blaming Dickoh for all the goals just absolves Hanlon from his part in all of them. Hanlon is no better than Dickoh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Blaming Dickoh for all the goals just absolves Hanlon from his part in all of them. Hanlon is no better than Dickoh.

Hanlon has been at fault regularly this season, but I think we let it go to an extent because he is young. To me, though, we should have signed two decent CBs when Jones left (Bamba was better in midfield), and we still havn't solved that problem 18 months on.

First Team Breakthrough AJWisme's Avatar
    But that is because the main issue was the EXPERIENCED centre half who should be leading.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Hanlon needs a talker next to him to guide him through, I read somewhere about Jonny Evans saying he still gets talked through matches by Rio.

If that level of player still needs help then our inexperienced CB is going to need all the help he can get. I would think Murray would be a better partner for him than Dickoh, but ideally signing a CB would be better

Quote Originally Posted by AJWisme View Post
    But that is because the main issue was the EXPERIENCED centre half who should be leading.
    But younger centre halfs, with the captain's armband, should be defending.

First Team Breakthrough
    Absolutely spot on.

Dickoh is absolutely shocking right enough but it is my view that Paul Hanlon will never be a centre half. He is not strong enough for starters and is not nearly aggressive enough.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AJWisme View Post
    According to CC we sold Bamba because he had every confidence in Hanlon rising to the challenge.

He has brought in players in midfield whilst weakening our defensive options so Hanlon has to prove he's got what it takes to marshall a defence. He has a long way to go on today's evidence.

Let's hope there's a 30-something experienced German or Swedish centre-half out there who's not getting a game at his club, has a good command of English and fancies a new challenge for a few months...

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    "Taxi for Dickoh"

Fair swap.

Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    Hanlon has been at fault regularly this season, but I think we let it go to an extent because he is young. To me, though, we should have signed two decent CBs when Jones left (Bamba was better in midfield), and we still havn't solved that problem 18 months on.
    The 2 goals against the yams last season the stokes penalty game springs to mind! Ive said for long enough Hanlon isnt good enough he may be at u21 leve; against guys his own age or hight but come into the SPL and he has been culpable for many a goal we have lost. IMO Hanlon, Galbrait Wotherspoon are all massivly overrated, can anyone seriously count on 1 hand throughout a season hom many right good games they have had????

I wouldn't swap a taxi for him!

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Dickoh responsible for all the goals...

GTF

Never rated him.

Didn't pick up for the first, also to blame for the second due to lack of pace an inability to put in a tackle. The 3rd is irrelevant by that point we were sunk.

Get him tae ****. He's not good enough. Hasn't been for a long enough time and never a decent defender he will be.

ENDOF

OK it was messrs Hughes & Preston who were the "experts" on the radio, who have had questionable managerial careers.

But they made the point several times that the zonal marking that Hibs persist with is risky, given the overall physical stature of our defence.

It makes you wonder what goes on at East Mains as there is little evidence of defensive planning on match days.

Just watched the highlights as I didn't bother watching them after the game on Sunday...

Dickoh needs to get punted asap...

Anyone who can watch those highlights and defend him needs their heads checked...

Left by mutual consent!

Taxi for Dickoh

nuff said

First Team Breakthrough
    One of the poorest centre backs i've seen ,no pace ,no positional sense, no dig , no ability , = no use .

Blog Entries
    Taxi for Dickoh

Remember you can fit five into a taxi.............

Dickoh is playing in an inexperienced back four, i think the lad could be a good player for Hibs, Hanlon and Booth will definitely go onto better things, what we need is a decent keeper who commands the 6 yard box, these guys need a run of games together to establish an understanding, what they don`t need is over the top criticism.
    Conway would leave most players standing, the third goal was offside, Dundee United are further up the road than us in their progression, we were bedding in new players, i thought the new guys did well considering and that Booth looks a star in the making, it was our inability to take our chances that made the game more difficult, we need a break, we need confidence and we need a striker in before the deadline, we will not get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Just watched the highlights as I didn't bother watching them after the game on Sunday...

Dickoh needs to get punted asap...

Anyone who can watch those highlights and defend him needs their heads checked...
    You can't defend either of the CHs yesterday. Both were involved (and not in a good way) in all the goals and they were both variously involved in the chances that United missed by missing headers, losing their men etc etc.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You can't defend either of the CHs yesterday. Both were involved (and not in a good way) in all the goals and they were both variously involved in the chances that United missed by missing headers, losing their men etc etc.
    Both were poor yesterday, Dickoh more so.

Think everyone's being a bit harsh on Hanlon who I reckon will become a decent centre half for us.

To be fair to him he is very vocal. At Ayr Utd in particular you could hear him shouting constantly, trying to organise those around him.

Think that's why he's in at the moment, to try and take charge of a young defence.

Sadly the leather-the-ball anywhere approach and a complete lack of speed are showing him up.

Though he wasn't perfect, we do miss Bamba's athleticism. Had hoped his money would be put to use for another centre-back.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    One of the poorest centre backs i've seen ,no pace ,no positional sense, no dig , no ability , = no use .
    The 3 goals on Sunday endorse your observations, my man.
    Last edited by snooky; 31-01-2011 at 11:41 PM.