hibs.net Messageboard

East Stirling kicked out of the Cup

Don't see it anywhere else..

East Stirling have been expelled from the Scottish Cup for fielding an ineligle player.. Now can someone tell me the difference between this case and the Dunfermline case last season where Dunfermline were allowed to replay the game... Now we end up having Buckie Thistle in the last 16 of he Scottish Cup after getting beat in last round

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Delighted.

I know the 'keeper and he's an arse who believes he's Billy Big Baws for some reason. Roond ye!
    Last edited by .Sean.; 27-01-2011 at 02:20 PM.

I'm a bit surprised that the papers extending the loan deal were (allegedly) just popped in the post by East Stirling to the SFA and not sent by recorded delivery or even faxed. It seems a wee bit amateurish to me in this day when we have the technology there.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Delighted.

I know the 'keeper and he's an arse who believes he's Billy Big Baws for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Don't see it anywhere else..

East Stirling have been expelled from the Scottish Cup for fielding an ineligle player.. Now can someone tell me the difference between this case and the Dunfermline case last season where Dunfermline were allowed to replay the game... Now we end up having Buckie Thistle in the last 16 of he Scottish Cup after getting beat in last round
    Not sure of the difference between this & the Dunfermline one but what i heard on the news is that Falkirk & E Stirling agreed the transfer, Falkirk allegedly sent the registration to the FA who imply they never recieved the registration ..which meant the player was still attached to Falkirk ..pretty crap decision if it turns out the paperwork was mis-placed..

Delighted.

I know the 'keeper and he's an arse who believes he's Billy Big Baws for some reason. Roond ye!
    Who's that Seany boy?

Delighted.

Trained with him for about 6 months and he is an absolute welt.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that the papers extending the loan deal were (allegedly) just popped in the post by East Stirling to the SFA and not sent by recorded delivery or even faxed. It seems a wee bit amateurish to me in this day when we have the technology there.
    See the ES chairman getting interviewed getting all wound up when he was being pressed on whether or not they will appeal....."I'll tell you when i put the envelope in the post!!!!"...surely he has learned his lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Trained with him for about 6 months and he is an absolute welt.
    Just spat my coffee out there!! Haven't heard ''welt'' for ages

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Not sure of the difference between this & the Dunfermline one but what i heard on the news is that Falkirk & E Stirling agreed the transfer, Falkirk allegedly sent the registration to the FA who imply they never recieved the registration ..which meant the player was still attached to Falkirk ..pretty crap decision if it turns out the paperwork was mis-placed..
    The SFA changed some of the rulings after Dunfermline won their appeal last year after initially expelling them.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    So ES get expelled from the cup because of a breakdown between Falkirk and the FA?

IIRC there had been so many winning appeals for this that and the next thing after clubs had been kicked out the Cup the SFA said ‘Right from now on these is the rules, if you break them your out. No excuses.’
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    So ES get expelled from the cup because of a breakdown between Falkirk and the FA?
    Clearer picture here Bernz..

http://www.eaststirlingshire-mad.co....84/index.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by mchibee View Post
    See the ES chairman getting interviewed getting all wound up when he was being pressed on whether or not they will appeal....."I'll tell you when i put the envelope in the post!!!!"...surely he has learned his lesson
    He didn't seem that confident in the interview during the week that the papers had even been posted. I reckon he found them in the back of a drawer in his office desk and put them in the shredder to cover his back.

As if the Royal Mail wouldn't deliver an envelope that you've paid good money to send. Whatever next I ask you.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Delighted.

Has he slipped through our scouting net?