hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Yogi back!

Left by mutual consent! Disco Dave's Avatar

Get Yogi back!

We wouldn't be in this position if we had stuck with him, Calderwood hasn't got it, simple!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We wouldn't be in this position if we had stuck with him, Calderwood hasn't got it, simple!
    We wouldnt be in this position if we'd backed, and stuck with John Collins - the ONLY manager to "win" (win) something in the last 20 years....

..it all went wrong thereafter.

Still ; why would we want to follow a manager who demanded players were fit, sharp, played for the shirt and passed the ball along the ground (that's before we talk about the mans' pedigree in actually PLAYING fitba) (for Hibs)

Coaching Staff
    John Hughes is the very reason we are in the situation we are in.

Signed duds, injury prone journeymen, bully, no signs of bringing in youth, terrible inside indiscipline, favourites who disrupted dressing room..........the single most important reason for our current predicament.

When an articulate and grounded pro like Ian Murray says that CC is a "breath of fresh air" you listen........Hughes was a one trick pony, from a club who had never battled out the top 6........you pay for a Falkirk manager, you get a Falkirk team/performance.............that's where we are due to him. His luck ran out after roughly the 5-1 Saints game........

CC is replacing a midfield of late 20 year old one paced footballers, with younger, fitter, more energetic footballers. Same with the full backs. It's good to see but a long time coming. His stance with the keepers tells it's own story.......none are good enough......end of !

The last piece of the jigsaw will be getting a decent striker in place of the imposter that is Nish, and some experience at the back central pairing.

Hughes set this club back two years...............worst manager in a very very long time IMHO.

There was unrest in the dressingroom before John Hughes arrived . At least he showed passion.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    We wouldnt be in this position if we'd backed, and stuck with John Collins - the ONLY manager to "win" (win) something in the last 20 years....

Still ; why would we want to follow a manager who demanded players were fit, sharp, played for the shirt and passed the ball along the ground (that's before we talk about the mans' pedigree in actually PLAYING fitba) (for Hibs)
    We were absolutely murder by the time collins left, shan squad players playing shan football. The fitness thing is over-played as well, imho. The team that played last night were as fit as any of collins' players imho. Collins just talked about the fitness more.
    We were going backwards fast under jc, he knew it too and that's why he jacked it, imho.

@hibs.net private member micksoo's Avatar
    Judge Calderwood once his signings are in the team and the deadwood had been cleared. He was left a mess and must be given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    John Hughes is the very reason we are in the situation we are in.

Signed duds, injury prone journeymen, bully, no signs of bringing in youth, terrible inside indiscipline, favourites who disrupted dressing room..........the single most important reason for our current predicament.

When an articulate and grounded pro like Ian Murray says that CC is a "breath of fresh air" you listen........Hughes was a one trick pony, from a club who had never battled out the top 6........you pay for a Falkirk manager, you get a Falkirk team/performance.............that's where we are due to him. His luck ran out after roughly the 5-1 Saints game........

CC is replacing a midfield of late 20 year old one paced footballers, with younger, fitter, more energetic footballers. Same with the full backs. It's good to see but a long time coming. His stance with the keepers tells it's own story.......none are good enough......end of !

The last piece of the jigsaw will be getting a decent striker in place of the imposter that is Nish, and some experience at the back central pairing.

Hughes set this club back two years...............worst manager in a very very long time IMHO.
    Agree with almost all of this. The only bit thats a bit contentious is re the keepers. Dont really think Brown's dropping was merited and i think he is good enough.

I really don't want to see Calderwood forced out before he can ship out the dross and bring in his own players. Any manager in the world would recognise that this current squad is broken beyond repair. I would regard this time, prior to the end of the transfer window, perhaps even to the end of the season (depending on the generosity of the board) as the "weathering the storm" period for Calderwood. I really can't see how sacking him would help the situation. It would inevitably just lead to another budget appointment who would also struggle with this current team.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    You are 100% correct, we would be 12th.

Get my Granny on the pitch. We wouldn't be in trouble if she was a regular starter.

See, we can all say mince that can't be justified.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    That is true to a degree. If Hughes had still been here we would be more or less down.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Possibly the most ridiculous post this year. I reckon come december it will still be up there

Left by mutual consent!
    No thanks

You had that crystal ball out again?! Its rediculas to even say that

Coaching Staff
    It's also ridiculous to say we'd be down here with him. We were playing better before.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    So just to confirm, you're looking to replace 'Clueless' and 'Tactically Inept' Calderwood with 'Clueless' 'Tactically Inept' 'Buffoon' 'Clown' 'GTF' Hughes, Yes?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It's also ridiculous to say we'd be down here with him. We were playing better before.
    I really don't think we were Andy, and I backed Yogi for a long time. We were chronic to watch for ages, I thought that once he had the summer to get in some other players we'd improve, but we actually got worse!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    I really don't think we were Andy, and I backed Yogi for a long time. We were chronic to watch for ages, I thought that once he had the summer to get in some other players we'd improve, but we actually got worse!
    A different lot of problems. We made and missed chances galore early season. We do nothing at all now.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

A different lot of problems. We made and missed chances galore early season. We do nothing at all now.
    We didn't miss chances galore, really - we missed one open goal against the Huns, but created not a lot else in that game, and it was a similar story elsewhere, where our best chances were coming from penalties.

We created as much against Motherwell last week as we did early season, and probably as many chances as we have all season when we drew with Utd 2-2.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It's also ridiculous to say we'd be down here with him.

Why? Why is it so ridiculous? Hughes is the worst thing that has ever happened to Hibs in my time supporting the club.

A complete buffoon from day one, maybe even before.

Getting Yogi back would be a BooBoo, there, done, someone had to say it, the elephant in the room has gone, back to the discussions, nothing to see here, move along now...

Quote Originally Posted by khib70 View Post
    x2

Get Mixu back! And tell him to bring his team with him!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by micksoo View Post
    Judge Calderwood once his signings are in the team and the deadwood had been cleared. He was left a mess and must be given a chance.
    Great, we get another manager who cant manage anyone else's players. Hibs have a cheque book manager again.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

And you know this HOW, exactly?

Hughes was the one who signed the squad we have right now.

That alone tells me that he didn't have a clue about what he was doing. There's a whole lot of other reasons why I wanted him gone, but just looking at the job lot of miscellaneous bargain-buys and has-beens he assembled really is enough for me.

For the first time since he came, Calderwood has been able to bring in the players he wants, players he feels he needs. A right-back and a couple of strong midfielders; a goalkeeper and a striker training with the squad; other names doing the rounds.

REALLY REALLY sensible to appoint CC, give him time to look over the players he has, and then just as he's beginning to sign his own guys to replace Hughes's dross, sack him.

Because Diddy Hughes wouldn't have had us in this position?

Diddy Hughes and his pathetic signings (over THREE windows, too) IS the reason we're IN this position.

You know, if the 'fans' had been in THIS state when McLeish took over, he wouldn't have lasted three months. HE didn't save us from relegation - we went down, remember? And we won two of our first 6 in the First Division, looked anything but promotion favourites. So how could McLeish possibly 'have it' - whatever 'it' is?

Like Mcleish, Calderwood is having to rebuild an entire team - squad, even.

BUT of course, the answer to the problem is to sack yet another manager, send the team into yet more turmoil, make absolutely sure that 'stability' and 'forward planning' are phrases never to be associated with Hibernian Football Club, go off looking for someone else to wave a magic wand and make it all better....

Because YOU just KNOW that if YOGI HUGHES was still around, 'we wouldn't be in this position'?

Give me strength!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hughes might have taken us down, Calderwood was signed to save us from that. Now i hear he has to be able to bring his own players in before we can see any improvement. I thought managers were brought to the club to manage, not just buy their way out of trouble?

When Calderwood fails, we will then get someone else in, who will need to get his players in before we will see an improvement. It was the same with Collins and Mixu.

Looking back now I would say we were wrong to get rid of Mixu when we did and I will hold my hands up and admit I was one of the thousands that wanted him to go.

We had been spoilt with the attacking football under Mowbray and the short term success under Collins so when we were subjected to the long ball game and the boring football that went with it the fans rebelled and the Board gave in.

However under Mixu we at least had a defence and a team spirit with battling qualities. ok, it wasn't at all pretty to watch but we were in nothing like the mess we now find ourselves.

I wonder how many fans would settle for that now, ugly football but half decent results?

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    And you know this HOW, exactly?

Hughes was the one who signed the squad we have right now.

That alone tells me that he didn't have a clue about what he was doing. There's a whole lot of other reasons why I wanted him gone, but just looking at the job lot of miscellaneous bargain-buys and has-beens he assembled really is enough for me.

For the first time since he came, Calderwood has been able to bring in the players he wants, players he feels he needs. A right-back and a couple of strong midfielders; a goalkeeper and a striker training with the squad; other names doing the rounds.

REALLY REALLY sensible to appoint CC, give him time to look over the players he has, and then just as he's beginning to sign his own guys to replace Hughes's dross, sack him.

Because Diddy Hughes wouldn't have had us in this position?

Diddy Hughes and his pathetic signings (over THREE windows, too) IS the reason we're IN this position.

You know, if the 'fans' had been in THIS state when McLeish took over, he wouldn't have lasted three months. HE didn't save us from relegation - we went down, remember? And we won two of our first 6 in the First Division, looked anything but promotion favourites. So how could McLeish possibly 'have it' - whatever 'it' is?

Like Mcleish, Calderwood is having to rebuild an entire team - squad, even.

BUT of course, the answer to the problem is to sack yet another manager, send the team into yet more turmoil, make absolutely sure that 'stability' and 'forward planning' are phrases never to be associated with Hibernian Football Club, go off looking for someone else to wave a magic wand and make it all better....

Because YOU just KNOW that if YOGI HUGHES was still around, 'we wouldn't be in this position'?

Give me strength!
    Absolutely spot on Doddie I really can't believe some of the garbage I was hearing last night and reading on here today.

Apparently, Calderwood doesn't care because he doesn't jump up and down like an eejit and shout abuse at the players. He even (burn the witch!) had the affrontery to be drinking a cup of coffee last week. A cup of coffee!!!

Aye, bring back Yogi, after all, he's from Leith, eh?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Hughes is part of the reason we are 3 pts of bottom.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    For the sake of repeating myself ------- the REAL problem is the total mince on the park and there's not a Manager out there who could gel them into a half decent team.

The quicker the vast majority of them are shipped out the better. Then, and only then, can we make a judgement on Colin Calderwood.