hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should We Do a Liverpool?

I am talking about singing for the manager we want, we had one shot on goal tonight, your top scorer on the bench and no belief.

Look at Liverpool in the Hodgeson era. No belief, no passion, the rare win. Worried about relegation. Collectively their fans go out to every single game, and make their opinions known by siniging Dalglish. The board cave and chose to give the fans what they want. RH out. Then who they want, Dalglish in, this then injects a new air of optimism and performances improve.

No style, wasted stadium and training facilities. If Calderwoods signings make an impact, then fair enough let him stay. Come Febuary 28th if our form hasn't picked up and "his team" have not played his way and we are worse off.

Does anyone think we should do this.

Those that think he should go who would we sing for? Has to be a real legend, someone who bleeds the green and white of Hibernian.

Shoot me down if you must. It is just a thought.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Who do we want?

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am talking about singing for the manager we want, we had one shot on goal tonight, your top scorer on the bench and no belief.

Look at Liverpool in the Hodgeson era. No belief, no passion, the rare win. Worried about relegation. Collectively their fans go out to every single game, and make their opinions known by siniging Dalglish. The board cave and chose to give the fans what they want. RH out. Then who they want, Dalglish in, this then injects a new air of optimism and performances improve.

No style, wasted stadium and training facilities. If Calderwoods signings make an impact, then fair enough let him stay. Come Febuary 28th if our form hasn't picked up and "his team" have not played his way and we are worse off.

Those that think he should go who would we sing for? Has to be a real legend, someone who bleeds the green and white of Hibernian.

mixu? sauzee? yogi?

...damn.

ok.

collins?

erm...eddie turnbull?

Do you have any names?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Um...

Franck

Yogi

JC

Paddy

Sloop

I know.... Eddie Turnbull!!

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Um...

Franck

Yogi

JC

Paddy

Sloop

I know.... Eddie Turnbull!!

Like when we all wanted Collins / Mixu / Hughes then aye?

A dangerous plan, and we've yet to see how successful Dalglish will be, consider the Newcastle fans and their demand for the return of Keegan, that didn't exactly work out!

As for appointing a 'Hibs legend' as manager, the last 3 fit under that bill.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

And if you know your history

"Smithy must go"

Oh how the Dons fans must laugh the day they sung that.

Are you a choristor (sp?)

Sauzee got how long the first time. I'm just putting a thought across. Collins, had a better record than Yogi but we backed the players not the manager. Andy Gray?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    So you're younger and quicker on the keys than me?

Great minds... um.... are quite boring....

i want dalglish!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Ok, bang bang.

Next.

Sauzee got how long the first time. I'm just putting a thought across. Collins, had a better record than Yogi but we backed the players not the manager. Andy Gray?
    Not my recollection. "There's only one John Collins" were the words at Hampden.

Andy Gray played for Dundee Hibs, no our lot.

Doing a Liverpool? Celtic already do this don't they, with their own elevated self worth and belief that everyone is out to get them and based on past glories they should be the biggest team in the world and why aren't they, it's not fair, it's all someone else's fault?!?

No, we need to BACK THE MANAGER at the moment, he needs to get 2 or 3 more players in to save us from the drop and we need to give them the positivie support to get us all out of this, otherwise we are going down

I am talking about the board Cropley, let's be honest, our worse run since the 80s, worse record than we had at this point in the previous time we went down. Calderwood has 2 wins 2 draws and 10 losses. I never wanted Hughes out. The Liverpool situation is similar to ours, a manager who does not get to build his own squad before he bites the bullet. Is anyone happy with CC as manager? He brought no style or anything different, not even a honeymoon period. A loss to Ayr with a shocking team out. We are not in the hands of a man able to save us from relegation and if I am the only one seeing it then I will be the first to point this thread out to anyone when we go down.

Iain - backing the manager is one thing but he doesn't manage us properly. He doesn't fill me with confidence, his pre-match interview is not what I wanted to here, he wasn't going to use the previous result to inspire the team. If I beat the champions 3-0 I would not be letting the players forget it. That's how good they can be and they need to remember that.

Extra
    I knew about Andy Gray not playing for us.

I thought that the latest poll on here showed that the vast majority of Hibs fans didn't want him sacked?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Great minds... um.... are quite boring....
    something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I thought that the latest poll on here showed that the vast majority of Hibs fans didn't want him sacked?

Never knew about any poll, in all honesty, he should resign by the end of Febuary if we are in the same position or worse of. "You don't know what your doing" is my personal phrase describing him. Most will disagree.

Coaching Staff
    Get someone like yogi back in and im finished with hibs. Im hinging by a threid already. Getting petrie out would be a start to recovery. The worst run in 85 years, the farcical managerial failure merrygoround: its all been on his watch.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Get someone like yogi back in and im finished with hibs. Im hinging by a threid already. Getting petrie out would be a start to recovery. The worst run in 85 years, the farcical managerial failure merrygoround: its all been on his watch.
    I don't expect Yogi back, I want a manager who knows the club inside and out. I don't watch Hibs games and think, this is my club. The club does not play the Hibs way, we do not attack, we haven't since last year. Selling Stokes on the final day was the biggest mistake we could have done. Sometimes, I wonder how Petrie sleeps at night knowing he's killing the club.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    I am talking about the board Cropley, let's be honest, our worse run since the 80s, worse record than we had at this point in the previous time we went down. Calderwood has 2 wins 2 draws and 10 losses. I never wanted Hughes out. The Liverpool situation is similar to ours, a manager who does not get to build his own squad before he bites the bullet. Is anyone happy with CC as manager? He brought no style or anything different, not even a honeymoon period. A loss to Ayr with a shocking team out. We are not in the hands of a man able to save us from relegation and if I am the only one seeing it then I will be the first to point this thread out to anyone when we go down.
    A honeymoon period happens because the players raise their game. Our lot couldn't even be bothered to do that. CC is the latest in a long line of managers who have been unable to get the players to work and who have not been given the time to put their own stamp on the team. I hope to god that CC is given the time. I think he does know what he's doing but has **** to work with - **** in **** out!!!!

Don't be so stupid - how many more managers can we go thru when we've got most of the same players that Collins, Mixu, Yogi and now Calderwood have?
    Any (good) ideas fellow supporters?

If CC stays, as I have stated I would let him stay until march, he needs a striker. He also needs a central defender as dickoh is beyond a joke.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    If CC stays, as I have stated I would let him stay until march, he needs a striker. He also needs a central defender as dickoh is beyond a joke.
    Well i just hope that the club doesn't rely on you to make the managerial appointment decisions!!!

We could have had Steve Clarke, we didn't fork out, Aberdeen wanted someone and got him, look at them now.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    JC was sitting in the stand tonight.

We could have had Steve Clarke, we didn't fork out, Aberdeen wanted someone and got him, look at them now.
    So you want someone who knows the club and Scottish football, or you want a guy whose never had a managers job? Make up your mind!

Blog Entries
    I want Mark Mcghee !

Promising Youngster
    Jose Mourinho???

He's a Hibby honest, the fishman told me...