hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Attendance

First week of this season vs Rangers: 17,145.
    Tonight: 11,696.

Thats 5,500 down. I know a)its on TV midweek and b)not all of them will be walkups, but even assuming half of the no-shows would have paid the £27 walk up if we were playing acceptable football, thats not far off £100,000 in lost revenue for just one match Theres SIXTEEN games to go before the end of the season.

Even if we don't get relegated, the financial implications of less cash through the turnstiles will be worrying Petrie. Forget sponsorship, forget TV revenue, we still get most of our revenue through the turnstiles. He can't fail to notice, the place is half empty tonight for a class A fixture

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Thats 5,500 down. I know a)its on TV midweek and b)not all of them will be walkups, but even assuming half of the no-shows would have paid the £27 walk up if we were playing acceptable football, thats not far off £100,000 in lost revenue for just one match Theres SIXTEEN games to go before the end of the season.

Even if we don't get relegated, the financial implications of less cash through the turnstiles will be worrying Petrie. Forget sponsorship, forget TV revenue, we still get most of our revenue through the turnstiles. He can't fail to notice, the place is half empty tonight for a class A fixture

I've lost any desire to watch at the moment and keeping the laddies from long term loss of interest is tough.

I can honestly say there is no way I would pay £60+ for the kids and I to watch Hibs even if they were worth watching.

Let the laddies in for free for the rest of the season and I'll probably come back even though watching Hibs just now is scheite.

Value for money it aint, in fact the games up the pole, schotty here comes the janny and the baw is well and truly burst for Scottish Fitba.

Slow lingering death.

Am I right in thinking that was the last
    Class a game this season ???

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Yep, in many respects this is a more critical issue than relegation. If ever there was a case for a marquee signing we are living it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    Unless we end up top 6 at the split
    But we still have Hertz at home as well.

can you blame the fans for not going.............we have been dire for over a year!

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    yes spot on

Left by mutual consent!

Thumbs Down

I had been a season ticket holder for 10 years. I'm 22. I used to love the games, the buzz the atmosphere. It's disappearing. Games are televised, midday, at night. and very expensive. Mr Petrie has to cut prices now. We need the stadiums buzz back and we need the fans to help the team. I thought I would never stay away until now. very sad.
    Last edited by gazza88; 26-01-2011 at 09:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Ive got a season ticket and I had no interest in going along tonight, couldnt even blame my decision on the game being on TV, I listened to it on the Radio!

The good thing about a relegation battle is increased crowds......

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Yep, in many respects this is a more critical issue than relegation. If ever there was a case for a marquee signing we are living it right now.
    Craig Paterson said as much on Radio Scotland after the game. Basically stated Board really need to invest big money on "leaders" on the park.

Never a truer word spoken........

Rangers also returned 800 tickets for tonight's game, so their percentage was also down.

Noticed on telly that was an entire block in the Rangers end that was empty and wouldn't whether we'd deliberately reduced their allocation or if they just hadn't shifted them all.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    Rangers also returned 800 tickets for tonight's game, so their percentage was also down.
    I thought we sold tickets to Rangers fans direct or was that just last season?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    I never took my two boys who both have STs - are they now counted or not?

If that had been at the weekend they would have been there. Must be a few others in the same situation or adults working late, away etc. Low crowd can't be all related to our pish run but accept majority is. Biggest blame is tv imo. To easy to stay at home or go to the boozer.

Promising Youngster turn and burn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza88 View Post
    I had been a season ticket holder for 10 years. I'm 22. I used to love the games, the buzz the atmosphere. It's disappearing. Games are televised, midday, at night. and very expensive. Mr Petrie has to cut prices now. We need the stadiums buzz back and we need the fans to help the team. I thought I would never stay away until now. very sad.
    theres no chance of petrie cutting prices; im sure the summer clubstore sale sticks in his throat FFS

Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    Find that hard to believe. There was a section empty (lower nearest east stand) which I would guess would hold approx 250. A few other empty seats but not that many. Reckon it was about 300 below capacity in the huns end.

No we have hearts at home sometime in March IIRC

Who in their right mind would pay 27 quid to watch Hibs right now?

I'd maybe be tempted if 27 quid got me into 3 games, but one? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    I never took my two boys who both have STs - are they now counted or not?

If that had been at the weekend they would have been there. Must be a few others in the same situation or adults working late, away etc. Low crowd can't be all related to our pish run but accept majority is. Biggest blame is tv imo. To easy to stay at home or go to the boozer.
    I had been planning to go all week. I got home quick as I could, the wife got the tea ready early. Looked out at the cold and damp and thought sod it , I'm knackered and not paid till Friday and I have ESPN and that was that. However, I blame my mate who has stopped going to matches because if two or more decide to go it commits you.

@hibs.net private member
    Must admit I was tempted to stay at home tonight. Didn't feel up to it and the prospect of hearing the usual bile spewing from that Buckfast fuelled bunch of bigots wi' their 'No Surrender' and The Sash' almost convinced me to stay away.
    However, I'm glad I went. It certainly wasn't a great game but there was effort shown by the team tonight and young Booth looks a star of the not-too-distant future.
    Apart from the effect the poor recent performances had on the low turn out, the fact that most folk on a monthly salary won't have been paid since before Christmas could be another factor.

Quote Originally Posted by H!BEE View Post
    can you blame the fans for not going.............we have been dire for over a year!
    I think you've missed the point of my post...I don't blame people for not going (I didnt for a start) but if it continues like this then the drain to the club's bank balance could be too much for Petrie and Lindsay to ignore. Its often underestimated how much financial power us fans hold just by voting with our feet.

I'd like to think the board would respond with some urgent splashing of cash to recruit some real quality into the side (David Healy is still available!) rather than just sacking the manager and hoping that does the trick, but i'm not holding my breath.

First Team Breakthrough billbee's Avatar
    Dont think Ive seen a worse attendance v Huns

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Find that hard to believe. There was a section empty (lower nearest east stand) which I would guess would hold approx 250. A few other empty seats but not that many. Reckon it was about 300 below capacity in the huns end.
    Rangers returned 800 unsold tickets.

First Team Regular Haggis Hibby's Avatar
    Great to hear we all support thru thick and thin

and before any one asks no i wasnt there,,, i have a broken ankle so cant get to games....

But i have a season ticket and would have neem if not for ankle...

surley this is the time to rally round the yeam and show our support... lets play our part in gettin out this mess we are in...

lets keep the faith

To be honest, if I didn't have the ST, I'm not sure I could be arsed going out on a cold and wet night so I wouldn't criticise anyone for not going. Whereas before I used to count the days to games against Hearts and the OF, now each game just merges into one long, relentless slog.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    April 2nd as it stands, unless it gets changed for the TV

Coaching Staff
    We accuse the players of having no desire or no passion and we have Hobs fans, with tickets choosing to stay at home instead of helping out. I find that a bit sad.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    scheduled for the 2nd of april but assuming it will be moved as its down for a 3 o'clock k.o just now

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Ive got a season ticket and I had no interest in going along tonight, couldnt even blame my decision on the game being on TV, I listened to it on the Radio!
    I've got a season ticket, too, and TBH I cannot be bothered going along to ER anymore. Don't know when our next home game is, don't even care!