hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

positives about tonight

Danny Galbraith looked really lively and was actually running at players. Didn't come off all the time but at least he tried.

Hearts got pumped 4-0 and that should put all the ridiculous talk of them being title challengers to bed for a wee while.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The only positive for me was deciding to stay in the house instead of going to watch that *****.
    Cannae see us staying up now.[****in scunnered smilie]

None whatsoever...end of

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    both young full backs looked ok that is it.

The young players looked good. Galbraith and Booth linked up well.

Clutching at straws to take anything positive tonight. Really poor stuff against an ordinary team. The thing is it is not just about tonight's game but the cumulative effect that is dragging the whole atmosphere of the club down. More and more fans just cannae be bothered and frankly, who can blame them :-(

i had my green tints on and still couldnt see any positives.

# 4 theres plenty taxi's about ER when hibs are playing

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The young players looked good. Galbraith and Booth linked up well.
    My new Nigella chicken recipe was pretty good, Mrs One Day Soon seems very amorous tonight and I've had some Toblerone.

On the negative side I'm still a Hibernian supporter every morning when I wake up.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Dickoh.

OK I did think Booth looked like he is a player but thought Galbraith flattered to deceive a lot. Plenty energy but lacking end product, although he at least tried his heart out.

Hanlon.

Coaching Staff
    Full backs other than the mistake. Dickoh won most things. De Graaf played well when on. That's about it.

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Here is a list of my positives.......

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Full backs other than the mistake. Dickoh won most things. De Graaf played well when on. That's about it.
    Stop it Andy, next you will be telling me Ian Murray ran the show, and Rankin was the new Messi?

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    The only positive I had today, was the wee guy two seats infront of me, he was dancing throughout the whole game, his robot and running man coupled with his mime of opening a can of juice where absolute immense

Whoever you are I salute you!!! It's the funniest thing i've seen in a long time

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Dickoh.
    I hope to hell this is sarcasm!!!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I'm going to go against the grain here, i was encouraged by the fight in the hibs team tonight, we were scrapping a lot better than in recent weeks and were actually looking like they wanted to win tackles in the midfield.

We're clearly lacking quality up front just now though, if we can get that sorted in the next few days (it should have been sorted long before now but it wasn't so we need to just deal with it) then i think we'll be fine.

I thought the poorest players in the hibs team were Murray and Mcbride and we've got two guys waiting in the wings ready to come in for them.

I genuinely believe we're not far away from turning the corner, one game we'll cut out the stupid mistakes and we'll no doubt get a scrappy goal then hopefully we'll build from there.

I walked with 20 to go. That was positive.

Coaching Staff
    Stop it Andy, next you will be telling me Ian Murray ran the show, and Rankin was the new Messi?
    So he didn't play well?

Quote Originally Posted by JCHibby View Post
    I hope to hell this is sarcasm!!!
    Did you see the match? He was our best player by a mile. The back 4 did ok, its the clown behind them, and the traffic cones in front who make sure we dont create anything, and have real trouble keeping the opposition out.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs battled tonight but two defensive lapses cost us. I thought we were the better team in the second half. The back 4 looked ok and will improve. De gaffe and Nish both played better. But how on earth does Rankin get a game never mind the armband.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So he didn't play well?
    In what way did he play well Andy? What did he do that makes you say he did well? I saw the same player who can hardly run, hardly pass and does defend, its just a shame its always 4-5 yards behind the guy he's chasing.

First Team Regular
    Did you see the match? He was our best player by a mile. The back 4 did ok, its the clown behind them, and the traffic cones in front who make sure we dont create anything, and have real trouble keeping the opposition out.
    Yip watched it FF top, thought the young right back was our best player, Barr the disaster, he wanted the ball all night, made himself available, great runs down the wing etc...

Opinions eh, put it this way, I would love to play against Dickoh, positioning is shocking and communication looks poor, IMO

Left by mutual consent!
    It was only 2

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    No real positives apart from that I really expected us to fall apart after the second. With all the line up changes it is like CC is treating these games like pre-season friendlies.

My 10 year old son looked at the singing section/Hibs 12th man and said that's where he'd rather be in future.

To all of you up there in the East - I salute you. Well done .

Positives ? Our 3rd choice goalie ( or should be ! ) played well . Towell apart from 2nd goal looked good and didn`t seem to let mistake get to him . Whole team still seemed to be fighting hard right to the end - we lack quality in all positions but even after a terrible run ( maybe not right word as it`s nearly a year ) of results and performances not even the OF are outclassing us and a couple of good signings and a bit of luck could still change things a lot . Lack of goals is very worrying though . In recent years we seem to have scored quite a few even when playing badly which always relieves pain of defeat a bit .

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    No positives for me I'm afraid, it was dire... How can hearts getting beat be a positive for us, it does us no favours, we need to concentrate on our game & not worry about these peasants, the league will take care of itself...

Sorry, there was one positive for me, it was the singing section, well done all that participated... Less than 6,000 crowd against St Mirren I fear.... glug glug...

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Opinions eh!

I thought the back 4 looked okay 2nd goal excepted.

The scary thing is we looked like creating nothing, did all our attacking at walking pace, over complicate the game by taking too many touches and trying to make sure instead of letting it happen - a sure sign of lack of confidence.

As for Galbraith, plays in fits and starts, an absolute ****bag in the tackle.

A few times we broke through their midfield and yet no-one wanted to take on the full backs or centre half, or run beyond them, or took that long to do it they were overran by their retreating midfield.

No complaints about lack of effort, lack of quality yes.

We have no idea where our next goal will come from.