hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Accies & St Mirren Games

For me the most important games this club has faced in the last 10 years or so IMHO.

RP should realise this and should drop the prices to £15 to try and get as many Hibs fans through those gates......I personally think we should all go and show the players what the club means to us (especially the new players if fit).

Would like to think we will have a few more new faces through the door by the end of the window. We need something to get the players motivated and this might just be what is needed.

CMON RP you know I am right.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Like the Ayr United cup tie likes?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like the Ayr United cup tie likes?
    It's slightly different as season ticket holders will not have to pay

price is just one of the many excuses Hibs fans use to not go, even if Hibs did reduce prices for a single game I doubt there would be a bigger crowd.

It would do nothing other than reward the current walk up fans that would have gone anyway and perhaps annoy current ST holders.

I think that ticket deals are the way forward where you would gain a decent discount for buying tickets for several games in advance or buy one full price ticket and bring someone else along for half price.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    price is just one of the many excuses Hibs fans use to not go, even if Hibs did reduce prices for a single game I doubt there would be a bigger crowd.

It would do nothing other than reward the current walk up fans that would have gone anyway and perhaps annoy current ST holders.

I think that ticket deals are the way forward where you would gain a decent discount for buying tickets for several games in advance or buy one full price ticket and bring someone else along for half price.
    I would happily pay £15 to see SPL games, there is not a chance i will pay £25 + unless its a BIG game, league/cup/relegation decider. For me £25 is a lot of money and for 90 minutes of variable quality entertainment its not good enough value.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post

Reward people who canny be ar5ed going in the first place. No thanks. I am ST holder where is my reward for my loyalty. If people do not want to attend **** them.

I think it's a good idea. A move like this would help drive home the importance of the games to all fans, season ticket holders and walk-up fans alike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    I think it's a good idea. A move like this would help drive home the importance of the games to all fans, season ticket holders and walk-up fans alike.
    It will let Season ticket holders know that they have been ripped off without significantly increasing the gate. Don't the fans already know how important the game is?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It will let Season ticket holders know that they have been ripped off without significantly increasing the gate. Don't the fans already know how important the game is?
    would rather they provided a voucher allowing free transport to the key away games against Hamilton and St. Mirren to those that attends the home games.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I would happily pay £15 to see SPL games, there is not a chance i will pay £25 + unless its a BIG game, league/cup/relegation decider. For me £25 is a lot of money and for 90 minutes of variable quality entertainment its not good enough value.
    I think it's fair to say the St Mirren & Hamilton games are.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

I'm with the ST holders on this.
    They stump up their money in advance without knowing the product they'll need to suffer. We can't let walk ups in for a cheap price, if they are real fans and want to support the club get out of this predicament then if its 15 or 25 quid, it shouldn't really matter.

I am a season ticket holder and I have no problem Hibs dropping the price to get a crowd in. I pay up front to help budgeting.
    I would even have no problem with them opening the gates and letting folk in free.Seriously I dont.
    The problem at the moment is the bigger the crowd the more abuse would get hurled at the players.

@hibs.net private member
    I am a season ticket holder and I have no problem Hibs dropping the price to get a crowd in. I pay up front to help budgeting.
    I would even have no problem with them opening the gates and letting folk in free.Seriously I dont.
    The problem at the moment is the bigger the crowd the more abuse would get hurled at the players.
    I'm with you 100% on this one. The bigger the attendance the better the atmosphere as far as I'm concerned. If this means dropping prices drastically (or even free admission) for the vital games coming up then so be it.

First Team Breakthrough billbee's Avatar
    Can the club not subsidies coaches for away games? just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I'm afraid we can only dream of things being THAT good!

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    I'm with you 100% on this one. The bigger the attendance the better the atmosphere as far as I'm concerned. If this means dropping prices drastically (or even free admission) for the vital games coming up then so be it.
    Free admission RP Would wake up in the middle off the night kicking and screaming at the mere thought of free admission.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    these games are not just season defining they are future defining. If the Hibs support can't come out in numbers at the current roll up prices for pivotal games like this, then we may as well put the lights out and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    For me the most important games this club has faced in the last 10 years or so IMHO.

RP should realise this and should drop the prices to £15 to try and get as many Hibs fans through those gates......I personally think we should all go and show the players what the club means to us (especially the new players if fit).

Would like to think we will have a few more new faces through the door by the end of the window. We need something to get the players motivated and this might just be what is needed.

CMON RP you know I am right.

don't be so naive as to expect a full house at Easter Road to spur on some of the free loaders we have on our books just now - lets face it some of them sadly don't give a toss if we stay up or go down as they are off in a few months

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    I'm with the ST holders on this.
    They stump up their money in advance without knowing the product they'll need to suffer. We can't let walk ups in for a cheap price, if they are real fans and want to support the club get out of this predicament then if its 15 or 25 quid, it shouldn't really matter.
    I'm a season ticket holder and believe it would be beneficial for the clubs future if we allowed walk up's in free or £5 maximum. I disagree with posters who want subsidised travel to Hamilton and Paisley. All this does is put our money into our competitors coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    I'm a season ticket holder and believe it would be beneficial for the clubs future if we allowed walk up's in free or £5 maximum. I disagree with posters who want subsidised travel to Hamilton and Paisley. All this does is put our money into our competitors coffers.
    No sorry disagree full price or you will never sell another ST again. I certainly wouldn't buy ours again.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    No sorry disagree full price or you will never sell another ST again. I certainly wouldn't buy ours again.

I'm having serious doubts about renewing next year, if they started making it dirt cheap to get in without a season ticket that'd make my decision for me.

So there are now conditions to supporting Hibs?

Some will only go to all important relegation deciders if the admission price is right, Jeezo I have heard it all now....

You either support the club or you don't.... As a season ticket holder who stumped cash up front, I would be furious if walk ups were getting cheaper admission.....

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    So there are now conditions to supporting Hibs?

Some will only go to all important relegation deciders if the admission price is right, Jeezo I have heard it all now....

You either support the club or you don't.... As a season ticket holder who stumped cash up front, I would be furious if walk ups were getting cheaper admission.....
    I see where you are coming from but look at it from another angle Badly. What about fans that would love to go and help the team on the night in what will undoubtably two 6 pointers but with cash tight cannot afford to go. With the econocmic podsition folks find themselves in it might just turn ER into a place where the opposition in these two games are phased.

I see where you are coming from but look at it from another angle Badly. What about fans that would love to go and help the team on the night in what will undoubtably two 6 pointers but with cash tight cannot afford to go. With the econocmic podsition folks find themselves in it might just turn ER into a place where the opposition in these two games are phased.
    Thats a fair argument, but if this was to be the case then you would have to consider the benefits of buying season tickets.

Thats a fair argument, but if this was to be the case then you would have to consider the benefits of buying season tickets.
    If it were the norm I agree but if it was the difference between another great adventure or staying in the SPL it might be worth it. Just for the record it should only be for these two games. Who knows maybe some stay away fans might get the bug again or have I taken that too far?

If it were the norm I agree but if it was the difference between another great adventure or staying in the SPL it might be worth it. Just for the record it should only be for these two games. Who knows maybe some stay away fans might get the bug again or have I taken that too far?
    You have taken it too far Lex.....

am with you on this..............special circumstances,special rates to try and maximise support for crucial matches that could send the club into a downward spiral,that we might not recover from,for years. we are talking about 2 matches and not a whole season.

I wouldn't reduce the prices.

@hibs.net private member
    I've said this before but it's a bit like buying a pair of jeans in October for £50 then getting humpty 'cos they're in the sale in December for £25.

You have the option not to buy a ST and take advantage of the "offers".