hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Rooney

Adam Rooney

Ive been up in Aviemore for the past week but heard on fri on Moray Firth Fadio that we were in talks with him, confirmed by Butcher, but wher i was staying radion reception was crap so heard nuthin else til i got home today are we any further forward?

2. Log in to remove the advert

No!

First Team Breakthrough DCI Gene Hunt's Avatar
    Hmm, no news as yet here in Caley Country, will keep a listening watch on MFR for any updates.

G

Quote Originally Posted by Ferryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive been up in Aviemore for the past week but heard on fri on Moray Firth Fadio that we were in talks with him, confirmed by Butcher, but wher i was staying radion reception was crap so heard nuthin else til i got home today are we any further forward?

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/...ar_Rooney.html

We were in talks on Wednesday and Butcher reckoned something might happen this week. Hope we get him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Think he'll be signed in time to play the Huns on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post
    Think he'll be signed in time to play the Huns on Wednesday
    Initially it seemed to be some sort of pre-contract to get him in the summer, if he signs that then there's a chance we'll be able to pay a nominal fee and get him now. I don't think it'll be sealed in time for Wednesday but you never know.

Thought folk were saying on here earlier he'd pulled out of coming to us?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Thought folk were saying on here earlier he'd pulled out of coming to us?
    I think it's a case of nobody really knows for sure.

After Butcher confirmed 'something' was happening i think some folk maybe expected a deal announced quickly or a starement from him saying he wasn't coming but the continuing silence means people start getting edgy and impatient and maybe start making assumptions.

Personally i think Rooney will be holding off to see everything that is available to him, Inverness have, according to them, offered him a deal that is one of the best they have ever offered, we have spoken to him and i think that Russian team and Young Boys have also spoken to him. It's a lot for a young guy to decide and i wouldn't be being to hasty if i was him.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 24-01-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Now I dont know whether or not he is signing for us, hope he does, but as for ICT having offered him the best terms they have ever offered a player, well , if it was a Hibs player [ say Deek}, as a supporter you would want to hear that the club were doing everything in their power to keep him and thats what I think ICT are doing, knowing full well he is ofski. Just depends on when , now or at end of season. Just my opinion .

Think if all the players we had lost out on because of finances this one would piss me off if we cant match what caley are paying then our ambition would be zero, the russians are a different prospect they can offer more money, but would he want to go over ther and play on artificial surfaces same with Young boys, since we seem to be the only other club that has made an official approach then its up to you Mr Petrie.

Think if all the players we had lost out on because of finances this one would piss me off if we cant match what caley are paying then our ambition would be zero, the russians are a different prospect they can offer more money, but would he want to go over ther and play on artificial surfaces same with Young boys, since we seem to be the only other club that has made an official approach then its up to you Mr Petrie.
    It's not a case of matching what Caley are paying him though is it?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Someone was telling me that they seen on Teletext that he was expected to sign today

Not checked it yet though so I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    Someone was telling me that they seen on Teletext that he was expected to sign today

Not checked it yet though so I may be wrong.
    Sorry folks, just got the chance to look and it's P***. He got mixed up with the Ross County guy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's not a case of matching what Caley are paying him though is it?
    I think his head has been turned by offers of riches in the summer, with no transfer fee payable, if he runs his contract down. I was told, probably pish mind, that ICT are looking for £300k to allow him to move now and even then he might not be keen given the wages he has been led to believe will be his elsewhere if he waits till the summer.

Makes sense though I suppose.

Blog Entries
    It would be a big decision for Rooney to make to come to ER. The money issue is a consideration but, more importantly, he's presently with a club which is safe from relegation and, with Butcher there, likely to continue safely in the SPL for the foreseeable future. Relegation is, even with a couple of new faces, a real possibility for us and the guy might not be willing to take the gamble. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going elsewhere.

First Team Breakthrough Hibby K's Avatar
    Amidst all the clamour to sign Adam Rooney has anyone actually noticed that other than a solitary Scottish Cup goal against mighty Elgin City he hasn't actually scored for over 2 months and that was the hat-trick against Hibs!
    Although I'm sure he will come good again is he really the immediate answer to our goalscoring problems or will he be just another misfiring Hibs striker (if he signs)?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    It would be a big decision for Rooney to make to come to ER. The money issue is a consideration but, more importantly, he's presently with a club which is safe from relegation and, with Butcher there, likely to continue safely in the SPL for the foreseeable future. Relegation is, even with a couple of new faces, a real possibility for us and the guy might not be willing to take the gamble. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going elsewhere.
    Id imagine if we sign him it will be on a pre contract with a clause to get out IF we are relegated. this way he will see out this season with inverness and be signed up for us next season if we survive the drop.
    I recon CC will probibly see duffy and thompson (depending he signs) as goo enogh to keep us up just now then duffy goes back in the summer in comes rooney. just my opinion if he signs atall

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby K View Post
    Amidst all the clamour to sign Adam Rooney has anyone actually noticed that other than a solitary Scottish Cup goal against mighty Elgin City he hasn't actually scored for over 2 months and that was the hat-trick against Hibs!
    Although I'm sure he will come good again is he really the immediate answer to our goalscoring problems or will he be just another misfiring Hibs striker (if he signs)?
    Fair points. If he played for us he would be getting booed of the park right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Fair points. If he played for us he would be getting booed of the park right now.
    Or the many as with Derek Riordan would question the supply he was getting?

Rooney is a player I really hope we get in this month.

If we are it won't be concluded until the eleventh hour that's for sure...

Rooney was suposedly wary of commiting due to our league position but will wait and see what happens before making up his mind. either way it wouldnt have happened untill the summer and hibs were going to look elsewhere for someone to come in till the end of the season

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Rooney moving to Hibs from Inverness, I think would be a step foward in his career.

I know I.C.T are flying high and are doing better than Hibs but when we get our confidence back and start winning matches then we are European Contenders because we've got the players but alot of them are playing for the money, TBH !

Look at Liam Miller, Half-hearted in every tackle..... It's just not good enough.

But looking at his form and goalscoring record that's just what we need...

So I'd take him at Hibs every day of the week.

Smile Would he join??

I really cant see adam rooney signing to be fair, especially when teams like QPR have been linked with him???

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Not really whether we can match ICT - more whether we can match the terms others are offering him - QPR and Young Boys Berne are allegedly in the ring, and they could offer a lot more than we can, unfortunately.

Just have to wait and see....

The SPL's Darren Bent signing, here's hoping. 4 in 2 days, im happy with that.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    In regards to the spl's Darren bent signing that's what I said, last week I've also stated we are the Aston villa of this season, both doing very crappy

Inverness have just signed Burnley Forward McDonald on loan...

Think of it what you want!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purehibee1875 View Post
    Inverness have just signed Burnley Forward McDonald on loan...

Think of it what you want!
    Kevin McDonald? If it is, he's a midfielder not a forward so I think they've signed a midfielder

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Kevin McDonald? If it is, he's a midfielder not a forward so I think they've signed a midfielder
    not him

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Alex McDonald. Definitely a striker.

Rooney signing wouldn't surprise me. If we let Riordan and Zemmama go before the end of the window, Hibs are going to need some good news to counter it.