hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Calderwood could ask board to break transfer record?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_kane96 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah right. Then why the **** does he not??

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    "I haven't been told they are not there," the Hibs boss said when asked if such resources were available.

In other words, he could ask. He wouldn't get.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    "I haven't been told they are not there," the Hibs boss said when asked if such resources were available.

In other words, he could ask. He wouldn't get.
    I could have a 24" knob but I dont ! It is much bigger

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_kane96 View Post
    Something going oink just flew past my window. The Tache would have heart failure!!!

No danger that we'll pay more than £700,000 for a player in the next week.

Blog Entries
    We always appear to be open to ridicule.

We don't choose headlines but 'Hibs manager aims high in transfer market' is then followed by signing.....Martin Scott of Ross County.

Why do we always look so foolish

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    Something going oink just flew past my window. The Tache would have heart failure!!!
    I genuinely don't think he would, i think he would point at his office door, calmly say oot and then pish himself laughing where he sat
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

Left by mutual consent!
    He's right, he could ask, but he'd be better no wasting his breath

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    No danger that we'll pay more than £700,000 for a group of players in the next millenium.
    Fixed
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

1. Enough of the 'spend lots = good players' claptrap.

2. Folk demand comments from the club about spending and player acquisition strategy, they get them then promptly declare them all nonsense.

3. So we might be signing a guy from Ross County, big deal! Who the hell are we like to consider that to be beneath us? Aye a player from a Scottish Cup Finalist side from a division that's seen plenty players go on to success in the SPL, the Championship and now ones heading off to the Premiership. But no, First Division players are a sign of tight fistedness at Hibs apparently, unless it's Leigh Griffiths of course.

Honestly, let's see what happens in the rest of the month and how our new signings acutally play rather than judging them on where they've come from, 2 minute YouTube clips or that they look fat in a photo on Google Images!!

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    Christ, you must have one helluva big door.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    I could ask my missus to take it up the **** and I'd have more chance of a that than CC breaking the transfer record

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post

2. Folk demand comments from the club about spending and player acquisition strategy, they get them then promptly declare them all nonsense.

3. So we might be signing a guy from Ross County, big deal! Who the hell are we like to consider that to be beneath us? Aye a player from a Scottish Cup Finalist side from a division that's seen plenty players go on to success in the SPL, the Championship and now ones heading off to the Premiership. But no, First Division players are a sign of tight fistedness at Hibs apparently, unless it's Leigh Griffiths of course.

Honestly, let's see what happens in the rest of the month and how our new signings acutally play rather than judging them on where they've come from, 2 minute YouTube clips or that they look fat in a photo on Google Images!!

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Would love it of this actually happened.....talk about backtrack.net

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    No doubt if we did beat the record it would just have been done so it could be used as a 'stick to beat anyone who dares to question the Board' judging by the reactions to us apparently spending £3 million on players in recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    If it did it would only be because of pressure from this messageboard, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    I could ask my missus to take it up the **** and I'd have more chance of a that than CC breaking the transfer record
    Ok I'll say it....

But your missus quite likes that 65BD

Blog Entries

Calm yourself Scotty B

Nobody is saying a Ross County player is beneath us(far from it) but it is a wee bit away from the headine in the article of 'aiming high'.

As for the spend lots = good players claptrap equation well we would actually have to try it first to see if it worked. It is CC that mentioned breaking club transfer record after all

The closest I can remember us getting to doing this was when we signed the likes of Sauzee, Latapy Mixu, Zitelli and De la Cruz. Claptrap right enough

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Calm yourself Scotty B

Nobody is saying a Ross County player is beneath us(far from it) but it is a wee bit away from the headine in the article of 'aiming high'.

As for the spend lots = good players claptrap equation well we would actually have to try it first to see if it worked. It is CC that mentioned breaking club transfer record after all

The closest I can remember us getting to doing this was when we signed the likes of Sauzee, Latapy Mixu, Zitelli and De la Cruz. Claptrap right enough
    Nope he was asked the question.
    Typical hibs.net at the moment though. I reckon this could go to 4 pages on the back of a random hack question he answered.

We always appear to be open to ridicule.

We don't choose headlines but 'Hibs manager aims high in transfer market' is then followed by signing.....Martin Scott of Ross County.

Why do we always look so foolish
    The question was answered 'in principle' (not concerning this particular transfer window) and so the headline should more accurately read:

Calderwood would not rule out asking board to break club transfer record for the right player.

But of course that's too long a headline and also its far better to make it 'topical' and slightly controversial by relating it to the club's current woes and need for transfers, thereby meaning the piece will grab much more attention.

Calm yourself Scotty B

I am told a certain Mr. Harper cost us a pretty penny.

Calm yourself Scotty B

Oh there's enough of it on other threads! Obviously spending big on guys like that is a good idea, but then conversely our recent big spending attempts include Miller and O'Brien! It was more a comment aimed at those who think players can only be good if they cost lots!

So far they've done exactly what people wanted them to do, CC bringing in a player he's worked with in England and Adams a guy from his experience in the First Division.

If he asks Petrie to smash the transfer record he'll be found in the darkest corner of Easter road with a sock in his mouth

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    "Calderwood could ask board to break transfer record?! "

CRACK! ............ There goes CC's copy of "Chanson D'amour"

2 hopes......ones boab the other is Nay.

Dont make me laugh...we are in the ***** big time and we missed out on Stewart for me is a very big mistake...both he and Courier will come back to haunt us BIG...mark my word

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    If we do break the record I think I'll have stretched mine to that size.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Quality ! LOL !!!