hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab

Transfer Activity

With our horrendous run showing no signs of stopping anytime soon and with all the comments made by our board about backing CC and CC himself yesterday alluding in his post match interview to at least 2 new signings, what do people think we will see in this last week of the window(before it "slams" shut)??

Also, if you were in CC's shoes what would be the couple of signings you would make??

For me we need another option up top and a midfielder that puts 80% of his teeth in a glass before kick-off.

But we are also short at LB and i am far from convinced about that CB pairing that we have either, so in short CC has his work cut out.

Thoughts????

Yours,

A Concerned Citizen

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think we'll get a CH, two strikers and another midfielder.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we'll get a CH, two strikers and another midfielder.
    I like your optimistic approach...Hibs, 5 signings in one week???

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    I like your optimistic approach...Hibs, 5 signings in one week???
    It wouldn't surprise me. We been looking at players in all those positions, so it's clear CC thinks they need strengthened.

Did we not do five signings or so in a week when Collins was in charge?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

It wouldn't surprise me. We been looking at players in all those positions, so it's clear CC thinks they need strengthened.

Hmm Vague recollection, i am sure someone will confirm. My only concern is look how those signings turned out!! I hope its quality over quantity. Although, in saying that even if it was just quantity they could not be any worse than that mob.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nothing will happen and the board will continue to procrastinate!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Hmm Vague recollection, i am sure someone will confirm. My only concern is look how those signings turned out!! I hope its quality over quantity. Although, in saying that even if it was just quantity they could not be any worse than that mob.
    Aye, we signed one a day for about 18 weeks. Well, nearly. Joneleit was one of them.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

praying for a centre half, a right back, a left back, a striker, and a Winger.

I think CC was hoping to get through this season with the players at hand but obviously with this stinking bunch of non triers he's been forced into trying to get guys in during this window. This is never easy, so a couple of loanees might come in to shore things up, with another 2 signings added...........I'd like to see a big commanding CB, 2 big strong midfielders and a CF.

and a coach that can coach , motivate & change things in games that are going against us

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    One centre back
    One Striker
    I think that will be it. If there was another it will be in midfield.
    I also believe they will be either or a mixture of two things. Seasoned pros to keep us up and/or real quality to keep us up and kick on but that depends whats really available this window.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Aye, we signed one a day for about 18 weeks. Well, nearly. Joneleit was one of them.
    Pick from Clayton Donaldson, Felipe Morais, Thierry Gatheusi, Alan O'Brien, Torban Joneleit, Brian Kerr, Yves Ma-Kalambay and Thoma Sowumni. I am sure there others but can someone point out the JC signings we moved on at a vast profit? No? Anyone?

No, just three in one week.

Yves MaKalambay (01-Jul-07)
    Torben Joneleit (26-Jun-07)
    Alan O'Brien (25-Jun-07)

And what an array of talent!

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    No, just three in one week.

Yves MaKalambay (01-Jul-07)
    Torben Joneleit (26-Jun-07)
    Alan O'Brien (25-Jun-07)

And what an array of talent!
    I know. I cant believe that Collins era is being held up as some sort of evidence that the board are crap. Absolutely astonishing.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    A striker, a midfielder who will actually fight for and win the ball, and a CB (preferably with a bit of experience).

Would also hope they were actually of decent quality, but seeing how theyve left it this late without really doing anything, and given it is the Hibs board, it will be some bargain basement garbage or some untested youngster on loan.

Not saying we need to go over the top, would be silly to throw lots of cash at it (as we really dont know what CC is like in the transfer market), but we need some quality to have any chance of staying up!

With our horrendous run showing no signs of stopping anytime soon and with all the comments made by our board about backing CC and CC himself yesterday alluding in his post match interview to at least 2 new signings, what do people think we will see in this last week of the window(before it "slams" shut)??

Also, if you were in CC's shoes what would be the couple of signings you would make??

For me we need another option up top and a midfielder that puts 80% of his teeth in a glass before kick-off.

But we are also short at LB and i am far from convinced about that CB pairing that we have either, so in short CC has his work cut out.

Thoughts????

Yours,

A Concerned Citizen
    We really need about three players that have bit and know how to play.

Apologies for changing the direction of the thread a wee bit but can someone tell me how, if true, are we going to be able to sign 10-15 players to replace the ones that are out of contract cause surely they will not be offering contract to the players that ar clearly not performing as expected?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    A striker, a midfielder who will actually fight for and win the ball, and a CB (preferably with a bit of experience).

Would also hope they were actually of decent quality, but seeing how theyve left it this late without really doing anything, and given it is the Hibs board, it will be some bargain basement garbage or some untested youngster on loan.

Not saying we need to go over the top, would be silly to throw lots of cash at it (as we really dont know what CC is like in the transfer market), but we need some quality to have any chance of staying up!
    Ok. Who do you suggest?
    Last edited by The Falcon; 23-01-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    One centre back
    One Striker
    I think that will be it. If there was another it will be in midfield.
    I also believe they will be either or a mixture of two things. Seasoned pros to keep us up and/or real quality to keep us up and kick on but that depends whats really available this window.
    I would even take 2 or 3 thirty somethings for six months who are languishing about in the reaserves of the EPL or the Championship just winding their contracts down. Offer to meet a percentage of their wages short term. Dependable sorts that CC knows to get us out this hole.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    I would even take 2 or 3 thirty somethings for six months who are languishing about in the reaserves of the EPL or the Championship just winding their contracts down. Offer to meet a percentage of their wages short term. Dependable sorts that CC knows to get us out this hole.
    100%

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I would take Ayr's Mark Roberts for the rest of the season - someone that can take a penalty!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    First off, we need a CF to play alongside Deeks. Trakys has kinda fell away. Worst scenario is to boot the ball the length of the pitch. Creativity can wait till next season. Two defenders to get a settled back four to stop them going in. I'll take loads of 0-0 and 1-0 if that keeps us up.

Pick from Clayton Donaldson, Felipe Morais, Thierry Gatheusi, Alan O'Brien, Torban Joneleit, Brian Kerr, Yves Ma-Kalambay and Thoma Sowumni. I am sure there others but can someone point out the JC signings we moved on at a vast profit? No? Anyone?
    He didn't get to finish the job developing players. I think it's hard to dispute if that if he'd stayed the younger players thriving under him would have continued to improve rather than stagnate. And if Ma-Kalambay reaches his potential then he'll be worth decent money.

Collins was a rookie manager who made some bad signings. Like every manager does. What he needed was support to develop. He had the strength of character and the strength of philosophy that could have taken us to a new level of professionalism. That's what we had and threw away. He would have learned about player recruitment on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    He didn't get to finish the job developing players. I think it's hard to dispute if that if he'd stayed the younger players thriving under him would have continued to improve rather than stagnate. And if Ma-Kalambay reaches his potential then he'll be worth decent money.

Collins was a rookie manager who made some bad signings. Like every manager does. What he needed was support to develop. He had the strength of character and the strength of philosophy that could have taken us to a new level of professionalism. That's what we had and threw away. He would have learned about player recruitment on the job.
    All good and well but he also needed to grasp the concept of a budget.
    I also think if his signings had proved better or even looked remotely like they could have done a job that budget may have been increased a bit. Sadly it was eventually his undoing.

I like Collins. I like what he was trying to do and he was great with the youngsters but he could not pick a player to save himself. And he walked away, didnt get his own way and threw the toys out the pram! What you call strength of character others call arrogance and for strength of philosophy you could substitute ego. Whats he done since?
    You could argue all you want about whether this one is going to get better or, given time, this or that would happen but there is not that time available. And none of those mentioned careers have made me change my mind. As you say Makalambay may turn out to be good keeper, he has all the attributes except one. He is a feartie. A big girls blouse. And you CANT coach that.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Just as a matter of interest, what would the acceptable level of success/failure ratio be with regards to managers signing players?
    I would think that at least one in three signings should turn out to be successful. A 50/50 success rate shouldn't be too unrealistic.

That said, a lot depends on how the assessor defines success & failure.

And he played young McCann at centre half???? How do you defend that?

I definitely think we need:

A goalkeeper
    A left back
    A right back
    2 x Centre halfs
    A left midfielder
    A right midfielder
    2 x Centre midfielders
    2 x Centre forwards
    A reserve goalkeeper
    A reserve left back
    A reserve right back
    2 x Reserve centre halfs
    A reserve left midfielder
    A reserve right midfielder
    2 x reserve centre midfielders
    2 x reserve centre forwards

My God! We have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    I definitely think we need:

A goalkeeper
    A left back
    A right back
    2 x Centre halfs
    A left midfielder
    A right midfielder
    2 x Centre midfielders
    2 x Centre forwards
    A reserve goalkeeper
    A reserve left back
    A reserve right back
    2 x Reserve centre halfs
    A reserve left midfielder
    A reserve right midfielder
    2 x reserve centre midfielders
    2 x reserve centre forwards

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Aye, where did that decision come from?
    The team sheet that day should have read "McCan't"
    I felt heart sorry for the laddie.

I can actually see what he was trying to do there. Giving the player another perspective on the game . It would great if players could comfortably play different positions. Problem is Pittodrie wasnt the place to do it. ER against maybe lower league or a team well below us in the league might have been better.
    Kinda sums Collins up really. Good ideas but no real clue as to how to carry them out.