hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Calderwood Interview

Enjoyed the game , was pleased with certain aspects. Couldn`t fault the players.

Unbelievable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Calderwood Interview

Oh dear...

"Can't fault the boys for their effort"

"I liked what I saw... what the boys did with and without the ball"

More worrying was when he was asked about new signings...

"One more and then we'd like one more after that"

So looking at Matt Thornhill plus 2 others... is that enough?

First Team Breakthrough stevensons-fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enjoyed the game , was pleased with certain aspects. Couldn`t fault the players.

Unbelievable.
    That is riduculous, what exactly was he pleased with?!

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Seriously? We are staring relegation in the face and he cannot fault the players? FFS Calderwood, grow a pair and name and shame the wasters, the namby pamby approach ain't working.

CC - "I enjoyed what the team did with and without the ball today"

"I enjoyed the game even though it was 0 - 2"

"I dont want us involved in a relegation battle"

"We will see a flurry of activity maybe 2 more signings""

Call the Doctors Please

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Very baffling interview indeed.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post

Call the Doctors Please
    Unluckly Colin, you are right in the thick of one.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Personally didnt think we were that bad today at least as good as Motherwell, first goal against was laughable and Smith should be punted pronto. Second goal was poor however thought there was a bit more energy in the team than previously and if Zemmama takes his chances we are back in it.

Thought Booth and Galbraith did well. Wouldnt have taken off Duffy, would have taken off McBride and put Nish beside Duffy instead.

A couple of signings required as a lack of quality generally.

@hibs.net private member
    Man is losing the plot quicker than we lose games. How could he enjoy that.

I think these words in the media are an effort to try and get the players who at the moment are letting our club down to behave in a profesional manner and try turn in a performance between now and the end of the season. It would be too easy to let rip at the players but we need them somehow to win something like 4 or 5 matches between now and the end of the season. Unless someone can wave a magic wand to get the majority of the 16 out of contract players out and replace them with players of decent quality and desire we are sadly stuck with having to massage their ego's and appeal to their professional integrity.

Those comments from Calderwood today were like listening to the nonsense Hughes, and Mixu before him, came out with on a weekly basis.

If i was a conspiracy theorist i might suggest that managers at ER are being told to be very careful about what they say in interviews. Comical Ali was more honest than Hibs managers.

m

You have to think that maybe this is for public consumption as he realises that the collective morale of the squad is so fragile that coming out and telling the truth and saying they are completely useless and hopeless would make them even worse (if that is possible).

But, really, continually saying that they are doing well in training and he likes what he sees isn't working either and perhaps it's time to tell them some home truths and start challenging them that they need to work harder and start fighting for their lives.
    Last edited by PapillonVert; 22-01-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Personally didnt think we were that bad today at least as good as Motherwell, first goal against was laughable and Smith should be punted pronto. Second goal was poor however thought there was a bit more energy in the team than previously and if Zemmama takes his chances we are back in it.

Thought Booth and Galbraith did well. Wouldnt have taken off Duffy, would have taken off McBride and put Nish beside Duffy instead.

I'd agree with all of that. I don't think you could fault the effort today, it's just a combination of their confidence being zero and the fact that in the main they're just not very good.

If Zemmama had hit the ball when he had a chance to first half rather than overplaying it as usual, or had managed hit the target from 12 yards then it would have been a different second half IMO
    Last edited by Barney McGrew; 22-01-2011 at 05:14 PM.

is that you Colin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Those comments from Calderwood today were like listening to the nonsense Hughes, and Mixu before him, came out with on a weekly basis.

If i was a conspiracy theorist i might suggest that managers at ER are being told to be very careful about what they say in interviews. Comical Ali was more honest than Hibs managers.

It's like deja-vu.

We know he's not going to slate the players - though he has already said a number of times he doesn't rate them but in different words.

If I was him I would send my assistant out or not do the interview as he just opens it up for more fans abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

He may be under orders to say nothing publicly that would undermine or lessen any interest there might be from other clubs in any individual player.

Personally I think the days for such nonsense are over.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think he's a joey..

Sorry but I really do..

FFS CC

You now have nothing to lose.
    Punt these imposters into the stand if we cannot pay them off.

If it means going down with a fight and giving the youngsters a chance to prove they can battle I will live that and buy 3 season tickets agin next year in the 1st Division.

Perservere with these wasters and we get relegated, Hibs can go eff themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post

Call the Doctors Please
    Poor interview, and strange to say the least. We were poor all over the park....

We were ok in the second half, no more than that, but the damage had been done in the first half an hour. You can't concede goals like we did today and expect to get anything out of a match. At the other end of the pitch, our first shot on target didn't come until something like the 55th minute of the game.

If that's the level of performance that our manager demands every week then we are finished as an SPL club for at least a year or two.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

I agree having watched the first half on Alba.
    We actually played more football today that half than I have seen or weeks if not months. Poor decision making in the final third (usually Zemamma) wasnt good but the rest was reasonable. Two bits of shocking defending for the goals yet again. WTF was Smith doing at the first and Thicot was poor at the second.
    We looked like a side trying today ultimately not good enough but poor ability and poor decision making probably from lack of confidence wont keep us up we need another two or three players to do that. A Striker that can lead the line is a must.
    Now for the second half.
    Last edited by greenlex; 22-01-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Oh dear...

"Can't fault the boys for their effort"

"I liked what I saw... what the boys did with and without the ball"

More worrying was when he was asked about new signings...

"One more and then we'd like one more after that"

So looking at Matt Thornhill plus 2 others... is that enough?
    starting to sound like Yogi before he went.

Sadly to recap, 15 games, 13 defeats and no goals in 5 games? Blunderwood indeed.

First team breakthrough HIBERNIAN 1875's Avatar
    The man seems quite happy to take a wage from the club every week without being overly interested in the club itself....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post

Unbelievable.
    Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

Calderwood and most of our team can gtf and take balance sheet loving petrie with them. We've got a training complex that's done us **** all good and a big half empty new stand. We've got spending 3rd most in the spl have we? How much did we BRING IN??????

EXACTLY. Not good enough. Just gtf.

Don't give a **** how unpopular this is. That's the wrong team (even based on the squad we have now) and no answer to 2 stupid goals and a missed pen.....NOT GOOD ENUFF. PISS OFF

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN 1875 View Post
    The man seems quite happy to take a wage from the club every week without being overly interested in the club itself....
    Aye it must not be stressful at all when you have to work with that bunch, have half of the support calling for your head, have a board who are only now saying what is it we have to do to sort it, have your reputation starting to disappear quicker than the crowds at Easter Road.

The team today only included one new face (Booth) so am not sure why people thought that results would necessarily be any different until we get two or three new faces in to make a difference.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    I'd agree with all of that. I don't think you could fault the effort today, it's just a combination of their confidence being zero and the fact that in the main they're just not very good.

If Zemmama had hit the ball when he had a chance to first half rather than overplaying it as usual, or had managed hit the target from 12 yards then it would have been a different second half IMO

The only other explanation I can think of is that Calderwood has openly said this week that he's trying to take the pressure off the players and stop their heads going down.

I don't know why he's bothering. The players are giving no response one way or the other, and he needs to realise that they'll soon have him out of a job.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Just like a rewind of Yogi after Ross County defeat - total denial

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Now for the second half.
    Don't. Absolutely nothing happens.

It's probably the dullest 45 mins of football you'll see all season.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Don't. Absolutely nothing happens.

It's probably the dullest 45 mins of football you'll see all season.
    Really I heard we were better second half.