hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HSA don't want players at POTY dinner/ Oh Yes They Do!

Chairman of the Supporters Association just on SSN.

Just said the members of the SA don't want to invite the players or Petrie to the POY dinner on 13 March!!

I was pleased to hear that....so cheers Mike!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well done Mike.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I was impressed with his tash. I actually had to look twice because I thought it was the tash at first.

I have to echo your comments though.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Just said the members of the SA don't want to invite the players or Petrie to the POY dinner on 13 March!!

I wonder if they'll have an official one again at Easter Road, up for it Barney :)

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post

As much as i agree with the sentiment, (what player really deserves anything like a player of the year award and what player really wants to be there getting there head nipped about being pish?) however, the resentment between fans and players and vice versa really isn't healthy for the club and is becoming a real issue, it's not been right since the player revolt even though there's very few of the players from it left and something needs to be done about it.

This is our club, we're supposed to look up to the players, not resent them and boo them when they play and they're not supposed to slate us in the media like Nish did last season.

One of CC's biggest challenges, is to bring in some characters that the fans can relate to and actually like. If he brings in a bunch of workhorses that'll do a job then that's only half the battle, he needs to do something to get the fans back on side.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    I wonder if they'll have an official one again at Easter Road, up for it Barney :)
    Defo. Who's steak gets nicked this year?

I can just imagine the players before it - "Ah hope ah'm no stuck on a table wi those wingnuts". They'll be drawing lots to see who ends up with us

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Just the right thing to do to encourage tge younger players.
    Stupid and Petty in my book. Why not get thecpkayers along and see what their views are? Ask them directly if they are trying? Get answers.
    This will just dustance them even more. Nish Riordan and Murray with all their faults are Hibs fans and must be wondering what the **** is going on with us.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    the resentment between fans and players and vice versa really isn't healthy for the club and is becoming a real issue, it's not been right since the player revolt even though there's very few of the players from it left and something needs to be done about it.

This is our club, we're supposed to look up to the players, not resent them and boo them when they play and they're not supposed to slate us in the media like Nish did last season.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Just the right thing to do to encourage tge younger players.
    Stupid and Petty in my book. Why not get thecpkayers along and see what their views are? Ask them directly if they are trying? Get answers.
    Excuse me Mr Nish/Miller/Riordan are you trying on matchday? Of course i am. Great well done, this beef is lovely isn't it? What do you expect them to say?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Excuse me Mr Nish/Miller/Riordan are you trying on matchday? Of course i am. Great well done, this beef is lovely isn't it? What do you expect them to say?
    Poorly worded G but we could be asking WTF is going on. Sticking the finger up to them ain't going to help is it?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    As much as i agree with the sentiment, (what player really deserves anything like a player of the year award and what player really wants to be there getting there head nipped about being pish?) however, the resentment between fans and players and vice versa really isn't healthy for the club and is becoming a real issue, it's not been right since the player revolt even though there's very few of the players from it left and something needs to be done about it.

One of CC's biggest challenges, is to bring in some characters that the fans can relate to and actually like. If he brings in a bunch of workhorses that'll do a job then that's only half the battle, he needs to do something to get the fans back on side.
    :

Superb post mate.

There is a huge 'them and us' split at the moment, and it's understandable - if I'm being honest there have been times (almost after every match at the minute) where I've called the players every name under the sun and prayed that I'd never have to see them in a Hibs jersey again.

You're spot on about needing some players that will get the fans back onside. We need a cult hero, a fans favourite, someone to identify with.

Yogi used to go on about wanting a seige mentality, unfortunately it transpired that the players probably ended up with that mentality against the fans and vice versa. We all need to be in it together, that is something that CC has to bring to the table.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Very childish IMO.

Poorly worded G but we could be asking WTF is going on. Sticking the finger up to them ain't going to help is it?
    I agree its not helping, although can understand it 100%. To be fair i don't have any affinity with this lot, and the last thing i'd want to do is sit down and have dinner with any one of that lot, manager and board included.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Defo. Who's steak gets nicked this year?

I can just imagine the players before it - "Ah hope ah'm no stuck on a table wi those wingnuts". They'll be drawing lots to see who ends up with us
    we just have to work out who we want to leave the club next .. thats how it works aint it .. we nick their steak then they get punted

Why not just have the POY dinner and announce that there is no POY this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    we just have to work out who we want to leave the club next .. thats how it works aint it .. we nick their steak then they get punted
    I hope you. have big appetites then

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I hope you. have big appetites then
    Knowing the two of them i'm sure that won't be a problem

A Player Of The Year do without players ? - just give the award to Albert Kidd in recognition of services to football

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I think under the circumstances and the current ill feeling that's surrounding everything concerning HFC just now I think this is a wise decision.
    I would hate to be a player attending a POTY award dinner this year - kinda like "Into the valley of death ....."

It's a no win situation. Probably even worse for an under 19 year old to be faced with a barriage of awkward questions about what's really going on behind the scenes at ER.

Just my opinion like.

Knowing the two of them i'm sure that won't be a problem
    Hark at Twiggy

Sad times when we have no POY...

By the same token, I wonder which player thinks they deserve the award?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    Why not go ahead with the function and select a player from the under 19's?
    Yup ...give it to young Crawford....

Or ditch the POY title and have a Fan of The Year award..there must be a few loonies who have been to every game this year and never left early...let fellow fans nominate (or name and shame) them
    Last edited by down-the-slope; 19-01-2011 at 09:21 PM.

If i was paying £30 a heid for a POTY function, I would certainly want there to be players there.

Seems petty, that might be his personal opinion but he should be speaking in his capacity as Chairman of the HIBERNIAN SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION or does Mike plan on changing the name to HIBERNIAN WE'LL SUPPORT YOU DURING GOOD TIMES BUT THE PLAYERS CAN GTF DURING BAD TIMES ASSOCIATION

Would be interesting to hear the players views on the situation.

Surely Mike should be encouraging members of the association to bridge the gap between the club, players and supporters not driving them apart.
    Last edited by macca70; 19-01-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    If i was paying £30 a heid for a POTY function, I would certainly want there to be players there.

Seems petty, that might be his personal opinion but he should be speaking in his capacity as Chairman of the HIBERNIAN SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION or does Mike plan on changing the name to HIBERNIAN WE'LL SUPPORT YOU DURING GOOD TIMES BUT THE PLAYERS CAN GTF DURING BAD TIMES ASSOCIATION

Would be interesting to hear the players views on the situation.

Surely the Mike should be encouraging members of the association to bridge the gap between the club, players and supporters not driving them apart.
    Good point.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Although we have been terrible there are cases for the following to get it. Yes they have been far from inspiring so far but...to keep it simple

Murray - effort on occasions
    Hanlon - improving
    Brown - some good saves
    Riordan - goals

Bamba - solid at the back on many an occasion. ( But has moved on )

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    If they don't believe that Mark Brown is working hard, that John Rankin is working hard, that Paul Hanlon is working hard, that Iain Murray is work.....you get it.

Totally ****ing petty, and once again, its good to see that the fans, as well as the players, management and board, are doing thier best to make things worse.

Totally petty.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    Although we have been terrible there are cases for the following to get it. Yes they have been far from inspiring so far but...to keep it simple

Hanlon - improving
    Brown - some good saves
    Riordan - goals

Nish - But we run the risk of him falling on his backside on the way up to collect the award

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post

Hanlon - improving
    Brown - some good saves
    Riordan - goals

if ian murray wins our player of the year this year it will show really how bad we are

slow second touch is a foul but oh hes commited, yes at giving foul after foul away... his "defending" last night for the goal was laughable

for me it has to be Mark Brown so far with Paul Hanlon winning young player... none been perfect but both are a million miles ahead of anyone else...

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    That'll be a ***** night then.....