hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: After seing the amount of concerned fans, we need to do something!

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, do not protest

9 9.09%
  • Sing, have banners showing our concern

34 34.34%
  • At a certain time we all turn around and face away from the pitch

17 17.17%
  • We all leave the ground at a certain time

13 13.13%
  • We boycott the game althogether

22 22.22%
  • Something else, please post your alternative

4 4.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Protest at Rangers match over 10 team league debate

Does anyone think we should protest in next Wednesdays game against Rangers over the proposed 10 team league?

If so, what should we do?

These ideas are taken from other posters on this site.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Banners like Aberdeen's would be a good start

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Think option 5 may be quite popular!

Another positive on the boycotting and turning away options is we don't need to watch the game.

There might no be enough Hibs supporters tae organise a eightsome reel never mind a protest. Rod wouldnae bother anyway. He is too busy rubbing the OF's bellies. Never mind a future 10 team league will no concern us we will be a 2nd division side by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think option 5 may be quite popular!
    Yeah that will happen anyway I suspect.

Saying that we only beat Rangers and lose to everyone else

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    We've got more important things to be worrying about!

In my view only Hanlon, Duffy, Murray, Duffy, Zouma , Wotherspoon and Booth should ever be allowed to wear the jersey again.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    We've got more important things to be worrying about!

In my view only Hanlon, Duffy, Murray, Duffy, Zouma , Wotherspoon and Booth should ever be allowed to wear the jersey again.
    Yes - not getting relegated this season but longer term...

In 2 seasons time we could be one of 3 clubs going into SPL 2 / Championship / Mickey Mouse league and it's going to be very hard to get out on limited money.

Go with No5. That way if a lot of fans dont turn up we can say it was all part of the plan.

First Team Breakthrough
    think most will now go for number 5

The other few dozen should turn their back on the game after 40 minutes and leave after 60 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny1875 View Post
    think most will now go for number 5

The other few dozen should turn their back on the game after 40 minutes and leave after 60 minutes
    What happens if we miss a goal at 40 mins or are 3v0 up after 60 mins

First Team Breakthrough
    boycott the game

Sadly I think ER pay at gate fans will be minimal for rest of season so not buying season tickets is only thing that would impact on the likes of Petrie. Albeit after recent action toward banner displayed by Aberdeen fans, will be interesting if Petrie willing to alienate home fans even more by endorsing thier confiscation.

Although some of the proposals may work at other clubs so not dismissing them entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    There might no be enough Hibs supporters tae organise a eightsome reel never mind a protest.

Blog Entries
    started a thread to this effect over the w/e and it was merged...I think the turning backs on 40 mins would be most effective...as in a live telivised game it would be impossible to ignore unlike chanting / banners etc

Also just boycotting the game is pointlesss as it hurts Hibs and can be dismissed by SPL as just Hibs poor form causing less to go

It would be best if we could get all objecting clubs and fans involved....

'Turning our backs on the SPL's 10 team league' a visual metaphor of what will happen for real

Blog Entries
    bit of a smell developing in option 5

Simple banners like the Dons fans had and were allowed - their fans got chucked out for smoking.

SAY NO TO 10 TEAM SPL

or

10 TEAM SPL AND WE WON'T BE BACK

Put this on another thread about Banners for the players...

Banners to the next home game along the lines of - could easily be hung on the railings in the EAST. Very simple and would catch the players eye sight.

SHOW SOME BOTTLE BEFORE WE ARE RELEGATED

WE DESERVE BETTER FROM THE PLAYERS

PUT IN THE EFFORT OR GET OUT OUR CLUB

WE WANT 100% AND NO MORE

OUR CLUB - GIVE US SOME PASSION

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    To be honest right now we have far more serious issues to worry about
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

It would be quite smart if at every ground, everyone turned away on the 40th minute until half time. Do you think i should post it on the other SPL team forums and try to make it an actual protest across the country?

@offshorehibby, yeah your right, but this is a massive issue and we need to do something about it. With 10 teams we have an even better chance of going down.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    It would be quite smart if at every ground, everyone turned away on the 40th minute until half time. Do you think i should post it on the other SPL team forums and try to make it an actual protest across the country?
    Think I'd prefer tae face away for 45 minutes and turn round and face the pitch at half time, then turn back again at the start of the 2nd half. More likely I'll no even bother going, cannae be ersed sitting about on a cuald midweek night watching that shower of *****

Blog Entries

@offshorehibby, yeah your right, but this is a massive issue and we need to do something about it. With 10 teams we have an even better chance of going down.
    ...the big advantage of this is the visual impact / metaphor..and each support would be doing same thing..showing solidarity...and making it hard to ignore.

I think Terry Butchers eloquent and slightly enraged after match press from last night should be compulsory listning for every fan as it gets the message across that we need to do something now before a generation of fans and even some clubs are lost to the game

Turning away from the pitch is a good visual demonstration that will be well reported and would not be detrimental to the club itself.

However I would say an entire SPL boycott is the only true way to let the boards of clubs know how against this format the fans are but to organise that sort of thing would be nearly impossible.

I think we should turn our backs on 40mins. But i cannot see too many people actually doing it on the day. Any way of making people aware on the day so that loads of people do it?

I think we should turn our backs on 40mins. But i cannot see too many people actually doing it on the day. Any way of making people aware on the day so that loads of people do it?
    Contact the Scotsman

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    Contact the Scotsman
    That will make folk aware, but on the 4Oth minute there needs to be people that will stand up and that will start it off, maybe get people around them to do it. I will, anyone else willing to join me?

That will make folk aware, but on the 4Oth minute there needs to be people that will stand up and that will start it off, maybe get people around them to do it. I will, anyone else willing to join me?
    The issue with 40 mins is that people usually are on the way to toilets or to get a pie etc.

I think if you had a banner along the lines of "turning our backs on 10 team SPL"
    and stood holding it down the front of the EAST / FF then it would get maximum exposure.

Currently ER is very empty due to the team so hard to do properly with many people turning round etc.

I think banners on the railings at the front and back in the EAST is a start or even on the empty seats.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 19-01-2011 at 04:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Boycotting the game won't help Hibs. Reduced revenue will only result in the club having less money to buy BETTER players.

We could all bare our arse !, mind you it would look like 10,000 rod petries.

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    We could all bare our arse !, mind you it would look like 10,000 rod petries.
    ha! what an image i just got in my head , this one gets my vote :

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Standing up and turning your back, whilst a good idea is impractical. There will be many who do want to watch the game and impairing their view just isn't fair.

I would suggest a mass walkout on 80 minutes but, chances are, most will be gone by then anyway