hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

What are CC's management skills.

CC has failed to address any of the problems we had, and things are probably worse now than when he got the job. Hughes may not have been the right man, but what has CC done that says to anyone he has the tools to be a good manager?

Organization nope, Tactics nope, Motivation nope, players fitter nope. Just what has he done since arriving, other than make us even easier to beat?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CC has failed to address any of the problems we had, and things are probably worse now than when he got the job. Hughes may not have been the right man, but what has CC done that says to anyone he has the tools to be a good manager?

Organization nope, Tactics nope, Motivation nope, players fitter nope. Just what has he done since arriving, other than make us even easier to beat?
    With you on this G.

Cheap shot, what about promotion with N Forest and play offs with Northampton or do they not count

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    With you on this G.
    He does need time, we sack folk far too easily these days. And thats the last thing i want here. Yet any new manager has to show some managerial ability with managing poor players. Its easy to manage good ones, but managers earn their corn with what they do in adversity, and CC is failing on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    Cheap shot, what about promotion with N Forest and play offs with Northampton or do they not count
    Hibs are what matter to me.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    No, they don't count when we're talking about what he's done for the Hibs

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    He does need time, we sack folk far too easily these days. And thats the last thing i want here. Yet any new manager has to show some managerial ability with managing poor players. Its easy to manage good ones, but managers earn their corn with what they do in adversity, and CC is failing on that score.
    I think it is your first sentence that is the key to your post.

You realise he needs time.

I think the best way to manage poor players is to try to encourage them until you can get shot of them, that has not been possible as yet.

From what I can make out the players rate him, something that cannot be said how they felt about Yogi.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    his main skill so far would seem to be restraint as he probably feels like wandering about east mains with an ak47 to trying get through to the biggest bunch of wasters ever to " grace" the turf at easter rd.
    the overiding problem we have is a shockingly poor standard of player.anyone with an ounce of common sense must give him a chance to get rid of the wasters which is 2 windows minimum imo.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I think it is your first sentence that is the key to your post.

You realise he needs time.

I think the best way to manage poor players is to try to encourage them until you can get shot of them, that has not been possible as yet.

From what I can make out the players rate him, something that cannot be said how they felt about Yogi.
    I do realise he needs time, although i did hope for better from him. There is no signs at all of any of the things i mentioned above. It seems Hibs are the only side that fails to get a lift from a new manager.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    As it stands we would not have been much worse off if we had kept Yogi.
    We were going nowhere fast under Yogi but the board had to make sure we had the right man to replace him. It is looking more and more like Petrie has goofed big style.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I do realise he needs time, although i did hope for better from him. There is no signs at all of any of the things i mentioned above. It seems Hibs are the only side that fails to get a lift from a new manager.
    I hear what you are saying however I would hope his skills bear fruit in the longer term. I think alot of this mythical bounce people talk about usually lasts for a few games then it is normal service. I wouldnt underestimate the factor of so many players being out of contract in the summer. I also think a factor is the weather as I think he is meant to be very keen on fitness and the snow will have kicked alot of the hard work he may have been planning into touch. Hopefully a spell of better weather will see him getting his message across. That allied to a few signings hopefully will get us back on track.

Not impressed by CC and Adams so far (understatement of the year).

This place will be in meltdown if the part timers beat us tomorrow (which I personally wouldn't bet against).

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Thats not true, IIRC Mixu was unbeaten after about 6 or 7, Hughes had a terrific start to his career as did JC.

Thats one of the reasons i'm ok with CC making a slow start, as long as he keeps us up IMO he'll get to the root of the real problems, making a good start would have just papered over the cracks and possibly earned some of these wasters a new contract and it would have been back to the usual pish from next season.

Saying that, it goes without saying, winning is obviously better than losing and i don't want it to sound like i'm saying otherwise, however in the bigger picture the fact it's taking longer than we'd like might turn out to be a good thing in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I hear what you are saying however I would hope his skills bear fruit in the longer term. I think alot of this mythical bounce people talk about usually lasts for a few games then it is normal service. I wouldnt underestimate the factor of so many players being out of contract in the summer. I also think a factor is the weather as I think he is meant to be very keen on fitness and the snow will have kicked alot of the hard work he may have been planning into touch. Hopefully a spell of better weather will see him getting his message across. That allied to a few signings hopefully will get us back on track.
    Aberdeen will probably have had worse weather than us. And train in worse conditions i'd imagine? Brown and Knox have come in and turned their season around with the same players, yet CC needs new signings? Good management i'd say, little evidence of that at easter road

Aberdeen will probably have had worse weather than us. And train in worse conditions i'd imagine? Brown and Knox have come in and turned their season around with the same players, yet CC needs new signings? Good management i'd say, little evidence of that at easter road
    They've got Mcguire and Vernon (think thats his name) who can score goals and a leader in Paul Hartley who whether we like it or not is exactly the sort of player we're crying out for.

CC took over a team that couldnae keep a clean sheet with no leaders in midfield and only one forward player thats going to get goals and he's not the sort of forward that can play up front on his own so i think a lot of it is down to personell so a couple of new players could make the difference IMO

Good management i'd say, little evidence of that at easter road
    ....and a bit of luck in that Brown has players who seem to want to pull together and earn their wages.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    Not impressed by CC and Adams so far (understatement of the year).

This place will be in meltdown if the part timers beat us tomorrow (which I personally wouldn't bet against).
    Well you can get 5/1 Ayr.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Perhaps the Aberdeen squad had some basic footballing skills, like passing and stuff and understood some of the more advanced aspects that are currently beyond our stars - offside and the like. Of course, as such an enthusiastic supporter of JH you probably have overlooked that we have been stuck with such a sorry bunch.

You might long for the days where managers stuck with duff players in duff formations for no obvious reason - personally I am happier that a longer term view is being taken. It is surely better to fully gauge the abilities of our squad, such as they are, than try to scuff a few points here and there and hope that shipping in a few journeymen will sort everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    They've got Mcguire and Vernon (think thats his name) who can score goals and a leader in Paul Hartley who whether we like it or not is exactly the sort of player we're crying out for.

CC took over a team that couldnae keep a clean sheet with no leaders in midfield and only one forward player thats going to get goals and he's not the sort of forward that can play up front on his own so i think a lot of it is down to personell so a couple of new players could make the difference IMO
    Aberdeen were losing goals too, 9-0 at celtic anyone?
    Those players couldnt score a goal either, and Hartley was playing for the side 2nd bottom, so with the best will in the world, cant have been playing that well. Seems to me the new management team have gone in and shook the place up, yet CC has not?

Those players couldnt score a goal either, and Hartley was playing for the side 2nd bottom, so with the best will in the world, cant have been playing that well. Seems to me the new management team have gone in and shook the place up, yet CC has not?
    No but i think Brown had the foundations of a team and had something to work with, he's also got experience of the scottish game and knew more of the aberdeen players than CC knows of the hibs team.

Obviously it may turn out that Brown is simply a better manager than CC and you may well be right, i can understand though why it's taking him a bit longer than we'd have liked and am happy to wait to judge him next season...as long as we stay up obviously which i think we will.

Quote Originally Posted by crabit View Post
    Perhaps the Aberdeen squad had some basic footballing skills, like passing and stuff and understood some of the more advanced aspects that are currently beyond our stars - offside and the like. Of course, as such an enthusiastic supporter of JH you probably have overlooked that we have been stuck with such a sorry bunch.

You might long for the days where managers stuck with duff players in duff formations for no obvious reason - personally I am happier that a longer term view is being taken. It is surely better to fully gauge the abilities of our squad, such as they are, than try to scuff a few points here and there and hope that shipping in a few journeymen will sort everything.
    Ah right, aberdeen were in a false position, and just needed a better manager, just like 99% of this board said when they wanted Hughes out? Calderwood has shown nothing so far, surely we should be looking for some improvement, some sort of organization, a plan A.

Ah right, aberdeen were in a false position, and just needed a better manager, just like 99% of this board said when they wanted Hughes out? Calderwood has shown nothing so far, surely we should be looking for some improvement, some sort of organization, a plan A.
    And if Hughes was here we would be seeing improvement, organisation and a plan A???

And if Hughes was here we would be seeing improvement, organisation and a plan A???
    I never said that? CC was brought in to stop the rot, the rot Hughes had put us in. He's failed miserably so far, in fact i would go as far and say its worse under CC than it was under Hughes. So will ask you, what has CC done thats improved the team, where has there been any improvement?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    no 2 situations are the same,aberdeen were poor as well but as someone else said the laddie vernon seems like a decent CF and they also have the boy mcguire who is decent so they still had goals in them.we on the other hand have our ONLY goalscoring threat going through a bad spell and have nobody else that looks likelyto step up to the mark.
    people forget we've been left with Nish who probably wishes he was away and a lithuanian journyman who has had 2 decent games but not even a shot on goal since.there are simply no goals in the team but hopefully the likes of duffy can get a few as his fitness improves.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar

From the first game I wasn't sure if it was him that picked the team or if the backroom staff picked it, a bit of chopping and changing (as could be expected since he'd never saw them play before) led us to the Hun game and a resounding 3-0 victory. What baffled me is that he changed it again for next match. I know that he said he wants to give everyone a chance but, fek me he must realise that we're teetering on the brink of relegation. What worries me is, does he think we're too good to go down? Or has he maybe, just maybe got a few cards up his sleeve in the terms of signing a few in this window?

I'm sure CC has made mistakes- he's admitted as much, but some of the criticism is just ridiculous.

How can folk judge his tactical nous? Does anyone actually know what he's telling the players to do? Can he actually be made responsible for the constant individual errors being made by players?

He has a huge job on his hands and I believe he's up to it, although I think he's shocked at how bad things are. My guess is that he'll have spoken to folk and been given the usual garbage about what a thriving club we are, young talent blah blah blah.

I don't expect a new manager to come in and work miracles. These 5/6 week boosts that new managers bring ultimately mean very little. It's usually players motivated by a fresh start- as we know, our lot are harder to motivate!!

I never said that? CC was brought in to stop the rot, the rot Hughes had put us in. He's failed miserably so far, in fact i would go as far and say its worse under CC than it was under Hughes. So will ask you, what has CC done thats improved the team, where has there been any improvement?
    Your talking as though both the Aberdeen and Hibs squads are blank canvases waiting for the right manager to come along and that the managers input shapes them into whatever they want.

The Aberdeen and Hibs squads aren't the same groups of people. The main thing that will improve the Hibs team at the moment is 11 new players. Whatever rot set in under Hughes is poisonous, that coupled with 16 contracts running down at the same time means we have a squad infected with a "couldn't give a toss" attitude.

How can I put this? Would you start a building project by calling in the diggers and the workies or might you not think to call in the architects and surveyors first?

I guess if you think that the work required at Aberdeen is identical to the work required at Hibs then it will indeed make sense to you that a new gaffer should just stroll in and immediately do the necessary to fix things.

However, I just don't share your simplistic notions of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Your talking as though both the Aberdeen and Hibs squads are blank canvases waiting for the right manager to come along and that the managers input shapes them into whatever they want.

The Aberdeen and Hibs squads aren't the same groups of people. The main thing that will improve the Hibs team at the moment is 11 new players. Whatever rot set in under Hughes is poisonous, that coupled with 16 contracts running down at the same time means we have a squad infected with a "couldn't give a toss" attitude.
    I have no idea if there poisonous rot at easter road, i do know we have some poor players, just as Aberdeen have, yet they somehow seem to be responding to their new manager a lot better than our lot have. Its always the same reason we do poorly at easter road, the last manager left a right load of pish. What happened to managers actually managing, setting the team up properly, and making them difficult to beat?

How can I put this? Would you start a building project by calling in the diggers and the workies or might you not think to call in the architects and surveyors first?

I guess if you think that the work required at Aberdeen is identical to the work required at Hibs then it will indeed make sense to you that a new gaffer should just stroll in and immediately do the necessary to fix things.

However, I just don't share your simplistic notions of things.
    I don't think both problems are identical, i just stated they managed to get an upsurge in results, and it seems to me their manager has been responsible for that. Ours has made us easier to beat, and not shown anything yet as manager of Hibs.