hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should CC be sacked/resign?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

56 18.30%
  • NO

179 58.50%
  • RE-ASSESS AT END OF THE SEASON

71 23.20%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough jackhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jackhfc PSN ID: rajpuss

Should CC be sacked/ resign?

My opinion is no, but there are others on the 'Calderwood must go banner' thread that think differently (impatience to the highest level imo)

2. Log in to remove the advert

pull this thread its ridiculous

How long has he been in the job? Has the transfer window closed yet or is he still allowed to have a chance to get his own team together? Kneejerk cr@p to the max.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

shouldnt have been appointed in first place,yogi would have turned it round, we were not even in a crisis when bhe got sacked

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is it rediculous?

People have mixed views so it would be good to find out the numbers IMO

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Deary me.

not worth the webspace its taking up.

his time in charge has been absolutely dreadful. The only thing he has going for him is the fact that its not his own team. ....Lets see who he brings in and the impact they make before casting judgement on him.

Quote Originally Posted by jackhfc View Post
    My opinion is no, but there are others on the 'Calderwood must go banner' thread that think differently (impatience to the highest level imo)
    If he was sacked now it leaves little time to get a replacement in to bring any new faces in before the end of January which means going with what we have and hoping another new manager can be the one to get something from them. Far from guaranteed.

If we re-evaluate at the end of the season it will be because we need to re-evaluate and the consequences of that will be grim.

We have no option but to stick with CC but the key is that he MUST begin to get some sort of reaction from what he currently has at his disposal and he has to get it NOW.

He is the man at the helm. He picks the team. He sets them up and so far he hasn't really demonstrated that he has any great ability either tactically or motivationally.

As others have said, Craig Brown has gained a reaction from Mark McGhee's underperforming squad. A bit of reorganisation and a bit of motivation and things are moving forward again at Pittodrie.

Calderwood meanwhile has gotten next to nothing of any sort out of our stuttering squad. For the money he will be getting paid that is just not good enough and he really needs to start justifying his salary instead of accepting it for no tangible return as appears the case to some at present.

Was not over enthusiastic when he was appointed and he has not given us the improvement I hoped, but until he builds his own team I would give him time. As said before I think we have so many players out of contract at the end of the season is a major reason for our drastic slump. many of them know CC will not keep them on so don't give a ****.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    not worth the webspace its taking up.
    23 voters so far may say differently

FFS,,,,,,, has the guy signed anyone yet???
    MP/JH have had several windows
    CC is not a former player, so he's an easy target
    get an effin life
    Let the board back him,,,
    He was 2 nd choice last time
    With the right backing from the board CC can get us out of this mess
    BUT NOT WITH THIS SQUAD/TEAM

Why is it rediculous?

why is it ridiculous ?, c.c has been in the job 5 mins, and there is a poll that includes the option should he be sacked, does he not deserve a chance, or should we continue to go each season or 2 from manager to manager, he may not be the answer but has to be given the chance, lets say we lose our next few games and he is punted, wtf can any replacement do with the same players ?

Gamer IDs

why is it ridiculous ?, c.c has been in the job 5 mins, and there is a poll that includes the option should he be sacked, does he not deserve a chance, or should we continue to go each season or 2 from manager to manager, he may not be the answer but has to be given the chance, lets say we lose our next few games and he is punted, wtf can any replacement do with the same players ?
    The 'yes' option is there because of the posts on other threads suggesting he should go, don't see how there's anything wrong about that also you've wrote this as if i'd said he should go, which if you read the OP I never

Left by mutual consent!

We cannot keep signing and the getting rid of managers every 15 months or so.

We got rid of Mixu, was that the right or wrong decision. He made us hard to beat but it was not good to watch. The fans wanted him out and they got their wish, but then Yogi was left with Mixu's players.

So Yogi comes in and everything is fine for 6 months, before it goes pear-shaped and the fans want him out too. They again get their wish, but CC is now left with Yogi's players.

Now CC has not even had a chance to get his own players in and now fans want rid of him. Who is going to come to Hibs now and take on this challenge, if we do get rid of CC?

The only person I can think of, who might take up the challenge is the other Calderwood (as he did with Killie). Is that what you want?

I certainly don't think it's ridiculous to have this poll as his record as Hibs manager has, so far, been woeful, except for the result at Ibrox, which is turning into a bigger mystery with each passing week.

However I do think that he deserves to see the season out and if we stay up, he should stay and see what he can do in the summer with regards to building a new squad and then have the chance to get that squad playing well next season. If we get relegated he, along with the entire board, should be sacked.

The 'yes' option is there because of the posts on other threads suggesting he should go, don't see how there's anything wrong about that also you've wrote this as if i'd said he should go, which if you read the OP I never
    no i did not say it like that, imo the poll is silly , and to sack cc will solve nothing at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Laurel View Post
    If he was sacked now it leaves little time to get a replacement in to bring any new faces in before the end of January which means going with what we have and hoping another new manager can be the one to get something from them. Far from guaranteed.

If we re-evaluate at the end of the season it will be because we need to re-evaluate and the consequences of that will be grim.

We have no option but to stick with CC but the key is that he MUST begin to get some sort of reaction from what he currently has at his disposal and he has to get it NOW.

He is the man at the helm. He picks the team. He sets them up and so far he hasn't really demonstrated that he has any great ability either tactically or motivationally.

As others have said, Craig Brown has gained a reaction from Mark McGhee's underperforming squad. A bit of reorganisation and a bit of motivation and things are moving forward again at Pittodrie.

Calderwood meanwhile has gotten next to nothing of any sort out of our stuttering squad. For the money he will be getting paid that is just not good enough and he really needs to start justifying his salary instead of accepting it for no tangible return as appears the case to some at present.

how many aberdeen players are out of contract at end of season??

my guess its not 16 so therfore easier to motivate players who will still be there next season.

he has been left a pile of dross and in my opinion should be backed by the board now to get in his own players.

we need at least 3 probably 4 or 5 or this lot will take us down & then leave

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post

my guess its not 16 so therfore easier to motivate players who will still be there next season.

he has been left a pile of dross and in my opinion should be backed by the board now to get in his own players.

How about reverse phsycology?..Players at Hibs out of contract in the summer and actually looking to try and give even 50% so other clubs will take notice and say 'lets sign him'..These non tryers we have wont have clubs to go to in the summer cause they are tom kite

First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar
    Where is the 'DON'T BE SO EFFING STUPID' option???

thread is rediculous

Have all of the 16 players already been told they aren't getting new contracts?
    If they have, who told them this and why. That would be nothing sort of football suicide and whoever did it should be taken to task for it big time.

I can't believe that is the case so the alternative is that Calderwood should have been using the carrot of a new contract as motivation for every one of them. Do a job for me and we'll see about new deals. Then it's down to the players. I doubt all of them would willingly want to leave Hibs as for most of them their next move will be downwards.

The contract situation is too easy a get out for the present situation IMHO.

Why is it rediculous?

not rediculous in any way! he has underperformed from day one! and does not come across as the answer to our fundimental problem, nae guts in the team, nae drive frae the coaching staff/manager , nae direction , nae enthusiasm frae the people in the background(board) and nae way will they be able to re-kindle the support that the club had about 5 years ago,when the board keep selling instead of buying to keep in touch with the likes o' A/DEEN D.UTD, and that bunch o' ****bags o'er the west o' the toon. we are toiling to match the buddies/accies and going doon if the promised singings dont happen now! forget closed windaes etc it has to happen,and not just silly bids of 80/100 thou for players/clubs that can get much more.getting back to the original question and CC , most teams respond to a new man at the helm immediately, his didnae. it took 3 defeats before we got a draw/win, please correct me if i'm wrong,and yet he was set up nicely by the background staff who gave us a victory as he sat in the stand before taking up the job. Not trying to rubbish him,and he's had a really hard introduction to Scottish fitba' but he is working for Hibernian football club, no for Burntisland football club and it is time to ex-communicate the hingers on wannabe pish that surrounds and drags doon the club. I was unable to attend the match today, by all accounts we were rather pish, but to cap it all we had wee whatshisname at left back, still living on his "man of the match" during the league cup final 2005.and for our manager to quote, no grounds to worry ,or whatever he actually said:then I have to say,I have grounds to worry,and will scream it as long as I can!!!!!!!!!!! until i'm barred by the admin

removing john hughes was the correct decision. It was left too long. appointing calderwood was not. He is dull, tactically unaware, cannot motivate and has no knowledge of scottish football.

His record is appaling, but its not just a record on paper, the performances are some of the worst I've EVER seen from a Hibs team. At least Duffy's mob were 3-1 up on the Huns and at least had a go when McLeish came in to try and stay up.

The 97 team were just a bad bad team, this lot are a terrible team, but worse, they are cowards.

And thats calderwood's fault is it no! Me thinks yogi has to blame for that so comparing us to aberdeen is not the same totally different situations imho! Totally agree with what you say he has to be backed

Having players out of contract is an irrelevance, they will either be trying to earn themselves a new deal with us, or a move elsewhere.

Should CC go? Of course not, to do so at this stage would be madness. Has he done any sort of a good job so far? No, probably not. Even the crappest sides tend to at least have a short term improvement under a new manager, our form has if anything got worse. Sure, we can't fully judge him till he has his own squad, but to lack the ability to motivate our current group to garner more than the measly handful of points he has is worrying.

Lets not forget, CC was not a cheap option to appoint, and cost the club money to get him onboard. Strikes me that at the moment he's on his way to being another 'big name' dud sadly.

Aberdeen also had the good sense to sign Hartley. Just the sort of player we need. We are unlikely to get someone of his calibre who plays for Hibs because he loves the team but what we need are professionals who play for their own PRIDE first of all.

Further I do not subscribe to this nonsense that putting the young boys into the team will destroy their confidence. Now is the time to make their careers when their youthful enthusiasm ( I'm assuming they have some) will carry them through.

Get some of the youngsters out at Ayr. We have nothing to loose and they have everything to gain.

If Sauzee had been manager these days, I reckon some would have wanted him sacked after 10 games.

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    I think the focus should be more on the players than the manager, the players are not up to it. In any other business they'd be replaced almost immediately after getting a boot up the 3rse!!!
    The players have a 'Groupthink' attitude & it is clearly unhealthy & needs to be replaced with a team!

@hibs.net private member rubber mal's Avatar
    No, no, no. A thousand times no.