hibs.net Messageboard

Where to go, before and after a game

Hi.

I am a Hibs fan from Norway. I lived in Edinburgh for a year in the late ninetees and after that Hibs has been my team. (Although I lived in Gorgie, of all places:))

Now there is cheap flights from Norway to Edinburgh, and it is easy to pop over for a weekend and see a game. What I was wondering was if there are any pubs near Easter Road where the fans are having a drink before the game, and after as well?

It would have been nice to meet fellow Hibs supporters in a Hibees pub if I was over to see a game.

Cheers in advance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capitale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi.

I am a Hibs fan from Norway. I lived in Edinburgh for a year in the late ninetees and after that Hibs has been my team. (Although I lived in Gorgie, of all places:))

Now there is cheap flights from Norway to Edinburgh, and it is easy to pop over for a weekend and see a game. What I was wondering was if there are any pubs near Easter Road where the fans are having a drink before the game, and after as well?

It would have been nice to meet fellow Hibs supporters in a Hibees pub if I was over to see a game.

Cheers in advance.
    I took a few guys from Norway to Easter Road last season for the derby, they do a TV show in Norway and get to travel the globe going to Derby matches (lucky b@astards). They also wrote Henning Berg's autobiography, top guys and showed them a great time.

Anywhere on Easter Road is good before and after the game, i personally prefer the Iona Bar (across the road from b&q) as its my local and always a good laugh.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Rermoved by admin

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Removed by admin
    Eh? What's the guy said wrong?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capitale View Post
    Hi.

Cheers in advance.
    One of the guys I go to the games with is Norwegian. He has been in Edinburgh since the 1970's.

Send me a Private Message and I'll introduce you when you come over.

Skol.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Thanks for the info.

By the way, how do you like the new stand?

I was at the Hibs-Ross County cup-tie last season and then I was baffled when I entered the ground and saw just a big empty space

A bit strange to be there when it was just three stands.

Looking forward to visit a complete Easter Road.