hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam rooney

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

Adam rooney

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index..../page__st__120 I fully expect to get slated for my "source" got told by a yam mate this was on sickback. Apparently this Jay Jay guy is reliable. Is there any truth in this?? would be great if true(go to page one)
    Last edited by R'Albin; 10-01-2011 at 10:09 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Club 12 (2013) Supporter Rattus Norvegicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralbin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index..../page__st__120 I fully expect to get slated for my "source" got told by a yam mate this was on sickback. Apparently this Jay Jay guy is reliable. Is there any truth in this?? would be great if true(go to page one)
    I have no idea if this rumour is true, or not. But here is the likely source of it...

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?201025-Adam-Rooney

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    please please please

I think it will be on a pre contract if anything rather than signing him this window. Given the scope Hibs will have come the summer it makes sense to make a move or two now to get players signed for the start of pre season training rather than the usual waiting till end of July. Have to remember might have the challenge cup to play for then anyway.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    I think it will be on a pre contract if anything rather than signing him this window. Given the scope Hibs will have come the summer it makes sense to make a move or two now to get players signed for the start of pre season training rather than the usual waiting till end of July. Have to remember might have the challenge cup to play for then anyway.
    I'm not one for asking the board to spend more than we've got, however i think this is one place we need to be trying to shell out, players who are out of contract in the summer, rather than wait till next season when we could be relegated we need players in now so to me this seems the best way to get decent value in january.

What we don't need now is young players with no experience on loan for 6 months so there's be even more upheaval in the summer.

Isn't he OOC in May? If so then ICT might take a fee for him now, rather than let him leave for hee-haw at the end of the Season.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Isn't he OOC in May? If so then ICT might take a fee for him now, rather than let him leave for hee-haw at the end of the Season.
    i'd shell out money to get him now.

should only cost us about £200k max.

if we dont get him now, other teams will come in and offer better wages nearer the end of the season.

Caley are fifth in the league at the moment with a decent chance of finishing in the top six so I do not see them selling their top scorer for what would probably be a nominal fee even at the risk of losing him for nothing come the end of the season.

Caley are fifth in the league at the moment with a decent chance of finishing in the top six so I do not see them selling their top scorer for what would probably be a nominal fee even at the risk of losing him for nothing come the end of the season.
    I hope you're wrong

Finishing 5th as opposed to 7th is worth £200k IIRC, then add on the extra gate money.

Would calleys priority not be staying up? if so they look pretty safe just now so may be happier to consider selling now rather than risk losing him for free in the summer as there's no guarantee by keeping him they'll finish top 6.

Anyone any idea how much a top 6 finish would be worth to them? wouldn't have thought it'd be any more than about £100k?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Would calleys priority not be staying up? if so they look pretty safe just now so may be happier to consider selling now rather than risk losing him for free in the summer as there's no guarantee by keeping him they'll finish top 6.

Anyone any idea how much a top 6 finish would be worth to them? wouldn't have thought it'd be any more than about £100k?

I think it's nearer £200k.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    The fact that this has been posted over there makes me even less likely to believe it! Sounds like something they've hatched to try and get us excited so they can laugh at us!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Interesting that the thread also suggests that we are in for Burt Reynolds at Motherwell.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    I think it's nearer £200k.
    Cheers, notice you answered that 2 minutes before i asked so fair play, i'm not about to start disagreeing with someone thats got a mind like yours

Seriously though if thats the case i'm sure a bid of around the £150k would be accepted, the other issue though is that he might not want to commit to coming to us just now, if there is other clubs wanting him it'd be in his interest to wait till the summer, no real benefit to him signing for us now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oohzemmama View Post
    The fact that this has been posted over there makes me even less likely to believe it! Sounds like something they've hatched to try and get us excited so they can laugh at us!
    Sort of proxy-trolling?

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oohzemmama View Post
    taken it with a pinch of salt untill i see it on ssn or something like that to say it's been agreed and done.

can't see any business being done by us maybe untill the last week to see who we can get on loan.

Its the hibs way

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Interesting that the thread also suggests that we are in for Burt Reynolds at Motherwell.
    Noticed that aswell Speedway ... he was one of the 3 players i asked for in the other thread these jambos must look at hibs.net more these days to get a story

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Sort of proxy-trolling?
    I just remember a similar thing being done on here last January when the roles were reversed so it wouldn't surprise me if this has all originated from over there. Hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Cheers, notice you answered that 2 minutes before i asked so fair play, i'm not about to start disagreeing with someone thats got a mind like yours

Seriously though if thats the case i'm sure a bid of around the £150k would be accepted, the other issue though is that he might not want to commit to coming to us just now, if there is other clubs wanting him it'd be in his interest to wait till the summer, no real benefit to him signing for us now.

I'd like to bring the lad here a.s.a.p., but would accept a pre-contract.
    I've no idea of the state of ICT's finances, therefore no idea of their needs for cash. For all their good away run they've fell away a bit over the past few weeks.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Sounds like a load of pash just like the Sproule and Nile Ranger rumours. Belive it when i see it.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...648753,00.html

Official bid now in for him from that russian mob so guess we'll find out soon enough if there's anything in it but probably means we've next to no chance of getting him.

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    Sorry but this is a non starter.We cant offer anywhere near what he's been offered elsewhere.
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    There will be a stumbling block or something else to stop it happening.

http://community.caleythistleonline....e/page__st__25

according to someone on calley thistle online website we've had a bid rejected, i've attached a link but think you need to register to see it (i've been on a day off and bored out my nut )

He'll go down south in a blaze of glory,be totally out of his depth,go out on loan then we'll take him on loan and he'll break a foot -when he finally plays he'll turn out to be not even half the player he was before he went south but considerably richer.Just like some other player whose name escapes me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    He'll go down south in a blaze of glory,be totally out of his depth,go out on loan then we'll take him on loan and he'll break a foot -when he finally plays he'll turn out to be not even half the player he was before he went south but considerably richer.Just like some other player whose name escapes me.
    Velicka?

Quite enjoyed reading some nice jumbo chat about the Hibs, I didnae think they were that interested in us.

Ah well, just shows you - your neighbours still like to peak over the fence to see what's going on now and again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    Quite enjoyed reading some nice jumbo chat about the Hibs, I didnae think they were that interested in us.

Ah well, just shows you - your neighbours still like to peak over the fence to see what's going on now and again.....
    Good to see that they can be superior while looking over their collective shoulders at impending doom.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    There will be a stumbling block or something else to stop it happening.
    yeah, but rather saying stumbling block all the time why can't they just use the word cash