hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel

tell CC which 3 players will save the season & how much to spend!

I don't think its massive amounts of money that need to be spent to give us a bit more quality, enough to seperate us from the rest. So here is your chance to tell CC/RP where to spend some money. Here is my three

Adam Rooney - ICT £100k
    He is a natural finisher and a bit of a penalty box predator, in the right place at the right time. He moves well and has a good work rate.

Craig Bryson - Killie £300k
    Scores a few more goals from midfield than our lot, box to box type and his work rate is very good and his passing and assist rate dwarf any of our lot

Steven Craigan - Well 50k
    OK, I know loads will scoff and he is the wrong side of 30 but I think he organises things well, reads things well. yes he makes mistakes but i think
    he would give us the organisation at the back that we sorely lack.

so 450k, less than half the Stokes fee I reckon would improve 3 areas on the park. Rooney would take some of the pressure of Deek. Bryson would keep Rankin out the team permanently and Craigan would organise a defence that does not talk to each other, apart from saying "who was meant to be marking him"
    I think the Yam bid for Bryson was not cold hard cash and was like a Freemans deal so cash up front at that price might be enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Andy Webster, Leigh Griffiths and Jody Morris

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think its massive amounts of money that need to be spent to give us a bit more quality, enough to seperate us from the rest. So here is your chance to tell CC/RP where to spend some money. Here is my three

Adam Rooney - ICT £100k
    He is a natural finisher and a bit of a penalty box predator, in the right place at the right time. He moves well and has a good work rate.

Craig Bryson - Killie £300k
    Scores a few more goals from midfield than our lot, box to box type and his work rate is very good and his passing and assist rate dwarf any of our lot

Steven Craigan - Well 50k
    OK, I know loads will scoff and he is the wrong side of 30 but I think he organises things well, reads things well. yes he makes mistakes but i think

so 450k, less than half the Stokes fee I reckon would improve 3 areas on the park. Rooney would take some of the pressure of Deek. Bryson would keep Rankin out the team permanently and Craigan would organise a defence that does not talk to each other, apart from saying "who was meant to be marking him"
    I think the Yam bid for Bryson was not cold hard cash and was like a Freemans deal so cash up front at that price might be enough.
    So to save the season we need a 1st division striker, a killie player who no one else except the yams want and a part time sportsceane analyst. Good effort. Maybe we should just hand u petries job since everyone thinks he's so bad, this forum is honking!

Adam Rooney - ICT £100k You Reckon? 100 grand?

Craig Bryson - Killie £300k The yams had a £600k bid booted in the summer

Steven Craigan - Well 50k Why would they give him away?

truly frightening.......

If Andy Webster could stay fit he would be excellent.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If Andy Webster could stay fit he would be excellent.
    His record with United was excellent when fit, and the reason I also include Jody Morris is because the spine of the team needs leaders......Webster, Morris and Riordan would make a good spine.......Leigh for pace, energy and poaching/finishing

I` rather bring in a couple of youngsters and a couple of loan signings to get us through to the end of the season, rather than panicking and buying more dross, i`d also like to see us trying to get the best out of what we`ve got, getting back to basics, getting players to enjoy the positions that they play in rather than being frightened.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    truly frightening.......
    thanks for your input.........
    Rooney is out of contract in 5 months so i dont think anyone will throw crazy money at him. I don't think Hearts bid 600k for Bryson I will bow to your superior knowledge of all things Yam tho.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Darren Purse - Sheffield Wednesday - £150k No nonsense CH, Contract up in the summer
    Murray Davidson - St Johnstone - £300k - Good young midfeilder
    Peter Thomson - Linfield - £150 -WOULD score goals in this league no doubt

Just my opinion though..

thanks for your input.........
    Rooney is out of contract in 5 months so i dont think anyone will throw crazy money at him. I don't think Hearts bid 600k for Bryson I will bow to your superior knowledge of all things Yam tho.
    The only bit you got correct was that it was to be paid up over a period of time.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    So to save the season we need a 1st division striker, a killie player who no one else except the yams want and a part time sportsceane analyst. Good effort. Maybe we should just hand u petries job since everyone thinks he's so bad, this forum is honking!
    read it again

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    Gary Twigg and Craig Sives from Shamrock Rvrs - Both Scottish, both highly rated by Michael Oneil both would cost pennies

Leigh G Dundee.

If Not Messi Ronaldo and Bale

Gamer IDs

The only bit you got correct was that it was to be paid up over a period of time.
    im intrigued as to how a hibby can be so sure i was wrong? you seem pretty sure on the 600k but these reports all reckon 300k with Killie holding out for 500k, but as I said I bow to your superior knowledge

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-22440745/

http://www.kilmarnockstandard.co.uk/...1430-26910658/

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...285062,00.html

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    read it again
    no need mate he made his name scoring alot of goals down a division, yeh he started well in spl but we're yet to see if it can last a full season we need acomplished players this window, not gambles

Dont believe all that you read.

Do you know, for example, that we've not bid for Adam Rooney?

As for the Yam comments. Grow a set.

im intrigued as to how a hibby can be so sure i was wrong? you seem pretty sure on the 600k but these reports all reckon 300k with Killie holding out for 500k, but as I said I bow to your superior knowledge

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-22440745/

http://www.kilmarnockstandard.co.uk/...1430-26910658/

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...285062,00.html

Is Humphrey at 'Well on loan, or what's his contractual conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Is Humphrey at 'Well on loan, or what's his contractual conditions?
    Under contract to well till 2012

£500k cash for Templeton and maybe £200k for Kyle... Vlad would bite our hands off, FJK would turn a darker shade of purple, swear a lot then resign. We can have a laugh. Job's a good 'un.

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    £500k cash for Templeton and maybe £200k for Kyle... Vlad would bite our hands off, FJK would turn a darker shade of purple, swear a lot then resign. We can have a laugh. Job's a good 'un.
    Thats probably the best plan yet! Not to mention a greater likelihood of success.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    Darren Purse - Sheffield Wednesday - £150k No nonsense CH, Contract up in the summer
    Murray Davidson - St Johnstone - £300k - Good young midfeilder
    Peter Thomson - Linfield - £150 -WOULD score goals in this league no doubt

Just my opinion though..
    Purse is awful. Slower than just about everyone. He's in League 1 and struggling mate hence why Wednesday just signed another two centre halves.

Peter Thomson couldn't score goals for Stockport in League Two so very much doubt he'd net in the SPL.

Murray Davidson though. Yes please

Gamer IDs

Dont believe all that you read.

Do you know, for example, that we've not bid for Adam Rooney?

As for the Yam comments. Grow a set.
    I never said you were a Yam! all i said was you know more about it than me cos I only have what was reported, where are you getting your concrete info from?

First Team Breakthrough
    Michael Duberry (St. Johnstone Defender), Lee Hughes (Notts County Attacker) and the guy who smacked the Stevenage player (Midfield). They wouldn't cost much, know how to put it about and they would add some backbone to the team. Lets forget the family club image for a bit until we get out of this mess.

I never said you were a Yam! all i said was you know more about it than me cos I only have what was reported, where are you getting your concrete info from?
    Kilmarnock, not Hearts.

Kilmarnock, not Hearts.
    For the avoidance of any doubt, I think you're defo a Yam. No offence like.

Testimonial Due David@EasterRoad's Avatar
    I'd offer Dundee Utd. 200k for Jon Daly we're in a dogfight and hoofball is going to happen until the end of the season so we need a proper target man.

As others have suggested Murray Davidson would be a good addition to our midfield i'm sure we would recoup any transfer fee.

Andy Webster on loan until end of season.

Three solid players who all have what we miss in their respective positions. Maybe won't be the above players but that is what we need.

Gamer IDs

Kilmarnock, not Hearts.
    fair enough, so do your Killie connections tell you how much the offer needs to be? I cant see anybody paying more than the Yam 600k for him
    Last edited by RickyS; 09-01-2011 at 01:33 PM.

seems awfy like what we moaned about rangers and celtic doing. The arrogance to name a player, price, assume it will be accepted because we are hibs and that the players will accept the salary on offer.

I'm sure there is work going on to add quality to the team.

fair enough, so do your Killie connections tell you how much the offer needs to be? I cant see anybody paying more than the Yam 600k for him
    Not for definite but Johnston was pissed at Hearts at the time and was looking for around £750k. He was about to be capped for Scotland as well. Bit of a short arse to be honest but that would fit in with our midfield.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I notice Sheff Wed bid £100k for Mark Reynolds of Well who is out of contract at end of the season. If that is the level we are talking of in terms of transfers I would try and buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    For the avoidance of any doubt, I think you're defo a Yam. No offence like.
    You appear to be the one who hate Hibs. No offence like,