hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And...here's where we are right now Mr Petrie et al!

2nd Bottom staring relegation right in the puss! Maybe Killie will do us a wee turn but would rather rely on Hibs however, not going to happen!?

This is where your Stewardship is taking us Mr Petrie....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/default.stm

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd Bottom staring relegation right in the puss! Maybe Killie will do us a wee turn but would rather rely on Hibs however, not going to happen!?

This is where your Stewardship is taking us Mr Petrie....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/default.stm
    Yes'm that Massa Petrie he sho gonna lead to no good, uh huh. (forelock tugging smiley here).

Sorry, but did Mr Petrie not sack the previous manager for taking us in this direction? If that's the case it seems a bit pointless telling him what he already knows, or is it just that you have finally grasped the situation yourself?

Blog Entries
    aint no man talkin bout no manager he sir! <shoe cleaning smiley>

Simply reminding the man of his duties towards putting a team on the park! And, I noticed the issues long ago except this is the first time I have been vocal about it!

Is there a problem?

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done rod, you've moved us up a place since this was posted. Good work.

Admins, can you merge all these dumbass threads together or just start deleting them?

To be fair to Peter Etal, the situation with the weather has meant he hasn't really trained for 36 years so is a bit rusty, a few games under his belt and you'll see a difference.
    Stewart Ship is only just out of the under 19's so his time will come.

The future is bright

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    aint no man talkin bout no manager he sir! <shoe cleaning smiley>

Simply reminding the man of his duties towards putting a team on the park! And, I noticed the issues long ago except this is the first time I have been vocal about it!

Is there a problem?
    It's just that everyone keeps coming on here stating the bleeding obvious. In Petrie's case he's already tried to fix the situation. I am not saying that he is blameless, just give things a bit of time.

Any more upheaval at the club will seal our fate. Hate to sound like a Tory, but at the moment we keep calm and carry on.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Hate to sound like a Tory, but at the moment we keep calm and carry on.
    There Is No Alternative.

Big Rod Petrie should have had a part in 'the new wall street film with Michael douglas - he'd sell his granny

Big Petrie and

Our problems stem back to the day Rod Petrie made the Hibs job an impossible one by inviting a large group of players down East Lothian behind the back of the manager who had just won us a trophy.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    It's just that everyone keeps coming on here stating the bleeding obvious. In Petrie's case he's already tried to fix the situation. I am not saying that he is blameless, just give things a bit of time.

Any more upheaval at the club will seal our fate. Hate to sound like a Tory, but at the moment we keep calm and carry on.
    I really am confused by some peoples reactions.

Sack Lindsay, Sack Farmer, Sack Petrie & Sack Colin while we are at it?

I am pretty sure that Petrie moved to stop the rot by appointing CC in place of Yogi..You dont need to be a footballing genius to see that our squad has some glaring deficencies in it yet already people are posting on here saying that CC needs to go.

In my opinion its all the changes of management that are the biggest cause of the problem, each new manager bringing his own ideas and wanting his own squad and we have ended up with a disjointed team because thats exactly what they are!!!

We need to give Colin time to assess this squad entirely and make the changes he needs to. And before people say the obvious yes we are skirting with relegation but at least let him get a few bodies in over this next month and get us safe.

As for someone i saw posting on another thread saying that the selling of Bamba was scandalous and just another exapmle of the board asset stripping...bizarre.

I am pretty sure everyone knew Bamba wanted away, he has already tried to engineer it in the past. Getting 200k+ for a guy who lets face it can be hit or miss and has only half a season left of contract.....good work to me.

I have been posting on these boards for about a year now and reading probably a year longer.

The one thing i have noticed is in the good times people have a lot less to say in the bad times people are very quick to bump their gums.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Our problems stem back to the day Rod Petrie made the Hibs job an impossible one by inviting a large group of players down East Lothian behind the back of the manager who had just won us a trophy.
    Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Nonsense.
    You must be right because its been one upward spiral since eh?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    You must be right because its been one upward spiral since eh?
    Your being a tad sensationalist are you not??

Blog Entries
    ScottB, I'll remind you that this is a forum where members voice their opinions. So cut the crap whining eh!

I'm not fr sacking CC at all! I simply want to see RP back this manager to point where he removes us from the danger of relegation!
    Last edited by MrSmith; 03-01-2011 at 10:27 PM.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    ScottB, I'll remind you that this is a forum where members voice there opinions. So cut the crap whining eh!

I'm not fr sacking CC at all! I simply want to see RP back this manager to ppint where he removes us from the danger of relegation!
    Maybe give him a chance to back his manager? We're 3 days into CC's first transfer window

Blog Entries
    Just reminding him, that's all!

Just reminding him, that's all!
    I'm thinking he's really ScottL

The problem is, Petrie had a chance to do the right thing after he sacked Hughes. I Instead, he goes and appoints Calderwood, who has not done anywhere near enough in his career to suggest he would be the best manager for Hibs. If Petrie has any common sense about him, I can't believe he would be impressed by his record, or by the way he talks.

I think we've got another Alex Miller, but at least Miller actually knew the SPL inside out when he arrived. It's highly frustrating to know that the club you love is being run buy imcompetents and will never achieve its potential becasue of this. But unless we get relegated, I reckon we will have to put up with bottom six and bad football for at least a couple of years. Petrie knows that if CC fails, he himself will be liable. Sacking him would be an admission that Petrie is incapable of fulfilling the most important task a football chairman has. If Petrie has to sack CC, Petrie will have to step down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    The problem is, Petrie had a chance to do the right thing after he sacked Hughes. I Instead, he goes and appoints Calderwood, who has not done anywhere near enough in his career to suggest he would be the best manager for Hibs. If Petrie has any common sense about him, I can't believe he would be impressed by his record, or by the way he talks.

I think we've got another Alex Miller, but at least Miller actually knew the SPL inside out when he arrived. It's highly frustrating to know that the club you love is being run buy imcompetents and will never achieve its potential becasue of this. But unless we get relegated, I reckon we will have to put up with bottom six and bad football for at least a couple of years. Petrie knows that if CC fails, he himself will be liable. Sacking him would be an admission that Petrie is incapable of fulfilling the most important task a football chairman has. If Petrie has to sack CC, Petrie will have to step down as well.
    Out of all the *****e in this thread, this bit is my favourite.

First Team Breakthrough zero-seven's Avatar
    Not trying to re invent the wheel here

but look at where we are and our blind faith with the heirarchy at our club...i have been following this club since i was 5 years old..from 1965 onwards..why have we had no real success , consistant success ??? because we are a selling club and move on our best assets (more likely to the old infirm)..in other words we shoot ourselves in the foot, year in year out. So it is obvious to me that we exist to be successful and give our loyal fans a reason to back the team year in year out..so we can clearly see that THIS POLICY OF SELLING OUR BEST PLAYERS IS NOT WORKING..

Change or see the fan base dwindle...i know it will be difficult, but it has to stop or we will be going round the mid to bottom half of the table...mediocre pash , which is not what anyone wants to see.

it kills me seeing this club as a feeder for the ugly sisters. it has to change

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zero-seven View Post

but look at where we are and our blind faith with the heirarchy at our club...i have been following this club since i was 5 years old..from 1965 onwards..why have we had no real success , consistant success ??? because we are a selling club and move on our best assets (more likely to the old infirm)..in other words we shoot ourselves in the foot, year in year out. So it is obvious to me that we exist to be successful and give our loyal fans a reason to back the team year in year out..so we can clearly see that THIS POLICY OF SELLING OUR BEST PLAYERS IS NOT WORKING.
    How would you keep them then?

I reckon the policy is to try to keep ouir best players, but if they're being offered money elsewhere that we can't match, sell them before they can leave for free - ordinarily with a year of their contract remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by zero-seven View Post

but look at where we are and our blind faith with the heirarchy at our club...i have been following this club since i was 5 years old..from 1965 onwards..why have we had no real success , consistant success ??? because we are a selling club and move on our best assets (more likely to the old infirm)..in other words we shoot ourselves in the foot, year in year out. So it is obvious to me that we exist to be successful and give our loyal fans a reason to back the team year in year out..so we can clearly see that THIS POLICY OF SELLING OUR BEST PLAYERS IS NOT WORKING..

Change or see the fan base dwindle...i know it will be difficult, but it has to stop or we will be going round the mid to bottom half of the table...mediocre pash , which is not what anyone wants to see.

it kills me seeing this club as a feeder for the ugly sisters. it has to change
    There are only a handfull of clubs in the world that aren't selling clubs. Other than the big guns like Real Madrid and Man Utd, I can ony think of..... Gretna, Livingston, Dundee off the top of my head.

Ken what i'm saying?

I know everybody has ideas on how to run a club but can you give me an example of a club you'd like us to model ourselves on that have similar finances, fan base and infrstructure as us?

Tell you what, when Yogi had us flying at the beginning of last season, we'd bought guys like Stokes, Miller, Riordan and Bamba to replace the guys we'd developed from youth and sold on at a big price, we were the club others wanted to model themselves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    How would you keep them then?

I reckon the policy is to try to keep ouir best players, but if they're being offered money elsewhere that we can't match, sell them before they can leave for free - ordinarily with a year of their contract remaining.
    It's not the keeping them - as you point out - we can't. It's that we sell a player and then wander off into the bargain basement, bin ends, bottom 6 teams, wherever to look for someone to replace them.

The last decent signing was Stokes, a season and 23 goals later, we sell him on the last day of the transfer window because he's a naughty boy.

But look back over every body we've sold and tell me who we've lined up to replace them? We haven't by and large - we just keep our fingers crossed that Joe Keenan will be the new Kevin Thomson. Crazy.

Mind you we have returned a profit in the each of the last 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SubiacoHibs View Post
    I know everybody has ideas on how to run a club but can you give me an example of a club you'd like us to model ourselves on that have similar finances, fan base and infrstructure as us?
    Hearts? Very similar size fanbase. Haven't lost a Derby since whenever...23 points ahead. Being £30m in debt doesn't seem to bother any of them, sure they might go bust, but I'm not holding my breath.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Hearts? Very similar size fanbase. Haven't lost a Derby since whenever...23 points ahead. Being £30m in debt doesn't seem to bother any of them, sure they might go bust, but I'm not holding my breath.
    And if both STF and Vlad were to pop their clogs tomorrow, who still has a team next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    And if both STF and Vlad were to pop their clogs tomorrow, who still has a team next season?
    This Hibby couldn't give a flying one about that lot but you raise a very good question and that's 'In years to come when Sir Tom is on the stairway to heaven what happens to Hibs?'

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    Hate to sound like a Tory, but at the moment we keep calm and carry on.
    We're all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyRod View Post
    We're all in this together.
    Careless talk costs lives.

First Team Breakthrough zero-seven's Avatar
    as i said...i realise the contract side of things is a major hurdle for keeping our young talent, but we do sell for big bucks and get talentless journeymen as replacements..this does 2 things..p off the young talent we do have and the supporters.

we cant keep doing this, as you can see we are paying for this right now and i personnaly cant see where our next consistent run of form will come from to ensure safety..we dont have the players to do it.