hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Will wee see any new signings this week.

What are peoples thoughts on this, will CC delve in to the transfer market this week and try to bring a couple of new face's to the club this week, wee do need new players and to get them in early would hopefully be a good thing for Hibs and the team, and maybe give the fans a wee lift having new players at ER.

Or will it be a case of getting players if available at the end of the window.

I have every faith in CC turning things around at Hibs if he can get some of his own targets in to the club this window.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Im hoping he doesnt panic buy and add to the crap we already have! I think CC will get a few loan signings in this window, and possibly look to sign players in the summer

If the club acts properly, CC's key signings in this window (even any six month loan deals) will be finalised and announced this week.

We have what is effectively a six-pointer against Hamilton on the 18th and another against St Mirren during the first week of February.

Last minute budget deals struck on 31 January or thereafter should be kept to the absolute minimum.

We need newblood asap. I'm not convinced two is enough - I think we need 4 personally and that's assuming none of the decent (eg Deeks, Zooma, Broon) first team players go!

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the club acts properly, CC's key signings in this window (even any six month loan deals) will be finalised and announced this week.

We have what is effectively a six-pointer against Hamilton on the 18th and another against St Mirren during the first week of February.

Last minute budget deals struck on 31 January or thereafter should be kept to the absolute minimum.

@hibs.net private member

Spot on IMO. None of the usual piss-farting about with trialists after the window shuts this time.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Spot on IMO. None of the usual piss-farting about with trialists after the window shuts this time.
    Agree with everyone on this one, if we can get folk in early we should. We need improvement asap, this month is a tough one as it is (think we've got both the OF, Utd, Motherwell, and Hamilton), the quicker we get better, the better.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This is the time for action! We delay at our peril.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Am I the only one that read this in the Cholmley-Warner style voice, imagining WW2 bombers flying overhead?

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar

if only eh!

If this happens it'll be a bloody first. thats for sure!

Just because we may want players this week doesn't mean we will get them this week.

What if CC identifies a player who he hopes will do a job for us, but the selling club delays till later in the month? Should we abandon him and go for a panic option to try and fulfill this need to get players asap?

I don't care if they arrive tomorrow or a minute to midnight on January 31st, as long as they are the right players and make the team better.

The overwhelming majority of January buys are done near the end of the month for all clubs for a reason, not just us.

5 new faces I think,

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Just because we may want players this week doesn't mean we will get them this week.

What if CC identifies a player who he hopes will do a job for us, but the selling club delays till later in the month? Should we abandon him and go for a panic option to try and fulfill this need to get players asap?

I don't care if they arrive tomorrow or a minute to midnight on January 31st, as long as they are the right players and make the team better.

The overwhelming majority of January buys are done near the end of the month for all clubs for a reason, not just us.
    There's not much buying gets done in January anyway - loan deals could be done quickly though.

Left by mutual consent!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post

Circumstances dictate that a greater urgency is required this time around. If that means that RP does not have a few weeks to negotiate the finer details of the player Ts & Cs, then so be it.

That's what should happen, IMHO. We'll see what unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Am I the only one that read this in the Cholmley-Warner style voice, imagining WW2 bombers flying overhead?
    I smell p-i-s-h

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    We need a new squad of players.

So I predict we will sign a 50 quid player from Clyde.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I talk p-i-s-h

Stop hi-jacking you!

Circumstances dictate that a greater urgency is required this time around. If that means that RP does not have a few weeks to negotiate the finer details of the player Ts & Cs, then so be it.

That's what should happen, IMHO. We'll see what unfolds.
    Again your seeing it from our end, many clubs don't want to sell till they get their own replacements in, or leave it till the last minute in the hope of getting more cash.

leigh griffiths before he is cup tied would be good!!! i believe we are working very hard for this!!

Quoted for Truth

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Its time to hold our nerve, we have enough to stay up. Zemamma and Duffy are like 2 new signings. Perhaps a couple of loans to see us through to the summer, where the major surgery can be done then.

The last thing we need now is more dross filling up the shirts, dont panic CC.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its time to hold our nerve, we have enough to stay up. Zemamma and Duffy are like 2 new signings. Perhaps a couple of loans to see us through to the summer, where the major surgery can be done then.

The last thing we need now is more dross filling up the shirts, dont panic CC.
    Don't want to see us signing folk for the sake of signing, but I'd like to think that CC has his eye on, and has the capacity to sign, one or two quality players now.

CC has had enough time to identify the the problem areas and where we need to add players. I doubt anyone coming in will be a squad player, they need to be good enough to walk straight in and make a difference otherwise there is no point in the signing.

Can't see him bringing in another centre half as he has Dickoh, Hanlon, Hogg, Thicot and Murray that can all cover the two positions however full backs are a different story, I think if he could find a good available left and right backs they'll be in.

We need a very dominant centre midfielder that can win and hold the ball comfortably and allow the likes of Miller, Zemmama, Wotherspoon & Galbraith be a bit more creative.

I also think he will be looking for a target man, Trakys isn't mobile enough to run the line or strong enough to do what Kyle did on Saturday and neither is Nish. Riordan may be able to play off this type of player but Duffy certainly can.

I remember the first thing McLeish did when he arrived was bring in Skinner and Brebner as up until that point Duffy had felt that a midfield was optional, that is the kind of influential signing I think we need and we need it now not at the end of the month.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    CC has had enough time to identify the the problem areas and where we need to add players. I doubt anyone coming in will be a squad player, they need to be good enough to walk straight in and make a difference otherwise there is no point in the signing.

Can't see him bringing in another centre half as he has Dickoh, Hanlon, Hogg, Thicot and Murray that can all cover the two positions however full backs are a different story, I think if he could find a good available left and right backs they'll be in.

We need a very dominant centre midfielder that can win and hold the ball comfortably and allow the likes of Miller, Zemmama, Wotherspoon & Galbraith be a bit more creative.

I also think he will be looking for a target man, Trakys isn't mobile enough to run the line or strong enough to do what Kyle did on Saturday and neither is Nish. Riordan may be able to play off this type of player but Duffy certainly can.

I remember the first thing McLeish did when he arrived was bring in Skinner and Brebner as up until that point Duffy had felt that a midfield was optional, that is the kind of influential signing I think we need and we need it now not at the end of the month.
    I think we'll see Booth utilised at left back, which is no bad thing, and I think we'll see Hart remain at right back, if for no other reason than he's on a good contract and it'll cost us to empty him.

Agree with the rest, though.

I think we'll see Booth utilised at left back, which is no bad thing, and I think we'll see Hart remain at right back, if for no other reason than he's on a good contract and it'll cost us to empty him.

Agree with the rest, though.
    I hope Booth gets some games between now and the end of the season but he is a long term prospect as opposed to a short term solution and his form is likely to be very up and down mainly down to a lack of experience and the Hibs fans of late have not been particularly patient with players.

We might even see movement by the weekend, hope so anyway.

irish lad boaby boaberts will be signing this week

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    In all seriousness, do you think that he was employed on the offchance he just might bring in some class?

He was hired to furnish our ranks with Epl reserves and Champoinship fringe players, the man pretty much eluded to that from almost the start of his stint in the hotseat.

Michael Owen not getting a game at Old Trafford?

Aiming to high i know, but think about the player base he has knowledge of.....

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justlikebrazil View Post
    leigh griffiths before he is cup tied would be good!!! i believe we are working very hard for this!!
    I've been told by a source at Dens this this WILL NOT happen and he's going down south, sadly.