hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Colin

Well Colin

If you stick with this lot of imposters you will be looking for a new job very soon.
    They will take you down with them.
    Changes have to be made. It's up to you.

Thats all

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lenny leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you stick with this lot of imposters you will be looking for a new job very soon.

Thats all
    PMSL, I believe he know this, as for sticking with them, that depends on what budget he has been given by the board.

He's got a perfect budget, apparently.

He's just said on the radio that there will be no major changes in this window.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post

That is frightening. We are already weakened now that bamba is away, grounds will go at the end of january...

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A perfect budgie more like! He'll have to do it all on the cheap!

Looking at his demeanor today, I reckon he'll be off before long.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    That is frightening. We are already weakened now that bamba is away, grounds will go at the end of january...
    hardly a great loss. It worries me he's not bringing in any quality but getting rid of ***** like him winnae make us any worse.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    hardly a great loss. It worries me we're not bringing in any quality but getting rid of ***** like him winnae make us any worse.
    Yep, agree with you - particularly when I remembered that booth is back and is better at left back than grounds.

would like to think byrne, booth, welsh, zouma and duffy can be like new signings to us.

listening to calderwoods post match interview was not very inspiring, and imo he came across as clueless

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Grounds going will actually strengthen us!!!

He can take that wage thief De Graaf with him in all...you just don't equate Dutch players with having such a poor technique.

I just don't see us staying up unless there at the very least 3 or 4 new signings. Petrie is going to come under increasing pressure as well as he can't do what he usually does and sack this manager in all or he'd be as well resigning himself.

He sounded dour and depressing on the radio. No change there then.

I just hope he is great at signing players because he certainly doesn't seem to be a tactical genius or a great motivator.

Why did Petrie appoint him again?

Really simple we are in the best position to improve our squad outside the old firm, we are virtually debt free and we HAVE to bring in some better players than we have and NOW

I was tempted back to buy me and the bairn season tickets this year after a long long absense if there is no ambition from this spineless board it will be the last for a long long time again

We have the money to do it and we MUST been winging it with **** buys for far too long now

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    would like to think byrne, booth, welsh, zouma and duffy can be like new signings to us.

The first three weren't considered good enough fopr the first team a few monthsa go (although Hughes was in charge at the time) so I'm not sure if much will have changed. I'm hopeful Booth at least will get a shot at LB though.

We definitely need Zemmama, and Duffy should help, but we still need about another six players to really sort the team out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    He sounded dour and depressing on the radio. No change there then.

I just hope he is great at signing players because he certainly doesn't seem to be a tactical genius or a great motivator.

Why did Petrie appoint him again?
    Can you give the man a ****ing chance you ****ing helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by doug2 View Post
    Really simple we are in the best position to improve our squad outside the old firm, we are virtually debt free and we HAVE to bring in some better players than we have and NOW

I was tempted back to buy me and the bairn season tickets this year after a long long absense if there is no ambition from this spineless board it will be the last for a long long time again

We have the money to do it and we MUST been winging it with **** buys for far too long now

To be fair, Riordan, stokes, Killen, Szama (even if it was short term), Brown and even De Graf were all biggish signings. But I agree - if you look at our squad there are about 13 players who aren't good enough. We need to offload them and get 5 or 6 better quality players in - at the same time creating room for the youngsters to break through.

It will be intersting to see how Petrie is seen in a few years time if the youngsters don't progress and we don't have anyone to sell. Bottom six mediocrity is not a success for Hibs, and if it wasn't for selling all our best youngsters in the first place Petrie would never have been made out to be such a financial genius by some folk here.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post

What? Like Sauzee got?

And yes im just at the stirring

However early signs aint great, no initial reaction to his appointment (Pa Broon has 6 out of 6 points in his firsdt two games) no change in the way we are playing except maybe a bit more tendancy to hoof it up the park (as was expected from him)...And he really should be bursting down Petries door demanding money not telling everybody theres not gonna be much change

However we have to back him for now good luck Colin but get them shirkers out the door asap and better in

I actually thought CC sounded as if he was trying to hold his temper at the interview. It could be frustration at not being in a position to make any, or not many new signings/loan deals during the transfer window. And the member of Hearts backroom staff who was winding him up after the game? I would imagine u don't have to look much further than a certain Mr G. Locke.

What? Like Sauzee got?

However early signs aint great, no initial reaction to his appointment (Pa Broon has 6 out of 6 points in his firsdt two games) no change in the way we are playing except maybe a bit more tendancy to hoof it up the park (as was expected from him)...And he really should be bursting down Petries door demanding money not telling everybody theres not gonna be much change

However we have to back him for now good luck Colin but get them shirkers out the door asap and better in
    Post Match Interviews are the worst way to stay informed as a fan IMO.
    Much as we'd like him to; he won't say that we are going to be doing plenty in the transfer market, because if the deals fall through; it'll make the Club look like *****.
    January is a bad time to be signing players because they are all almost certainly still under contract.
    Having said that; I will be very surprised if we don't see some players come up from England in the next month.
    As for the shirkers; Yogi knew it, Petrie knows it and so does the Manager. Getting them tae ****** is the hard part.

@hibs.net private member
    While Sauzee's results were unispiring they were just a small part of why he was asked to leave.

Agree with your last part.

What? Like Sauzee got?

Completely agree. CC will do a Sauzee I reckon. Doesn't have a Scooby about this League and seems to have the same ideas as Yogi.

Underwhelmed would best describe how I feel.

We've lost one of our best players in Bamba - who doesn't come in will be interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
    Post Match Interviews are the worst way to stay informed as a fan IMO.
    Much as we'd like him to; he won't say that we are going to be doing plenty in the transfer market, because if the deals fall through; it'll make the Club look like *****.
    January is a bad time to be signing players because they are all almost certainly still under contract.
    Having said that; I will be very surprised if we don't see some players come up from England in the next month.
    As for the shirkers; Yogi knew it, Petrie knows it and so does the Manager. Getting them tae ****** is the hard part.
    But who are these 'shirkers' exactly - and how many aren't out of contract at the end of this season??

I don't expect anyone to come up from England tbh

But who are these 'shirkers' exactly - and how many aren't out of contract at the end of this season??

I don't expect anyone to come up from England tbh
    I'm not sure I understand the point of your question.
    We have 16 players out of contract this Summer, Do you want me to go throught them one by one? because that has already been done to death.
    In one way that is good that all these contracts are up at the same time, because it means we can get them tae ****, but in another it is bad, because if they think that they are leaving, they might not be up for the dog fight.

My point is that we need better players at ER but it will be a balancing act as to who and when they come in and what division they will be playing in.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't think he's any guid tbh..

Took him how many attempts to realise Hogg is a joey?

Then played him against the sheep and had a howler AGAIN..

Same applies to Rankin, Grounds etc

Nearly ALL teams see a immediate impact when a new manager comes in but if anything we've got WORSE!!

Zero football being played and reduced to playing young, out of the picture CH's up top so we can keep hoofing away..

Nah, not Hibs class i'm afraid

Left by mutual consent! greenteam's Avatar
    They said Grounds was going back to Midlesbourgh.....So we have nothing better, that worries me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post

Surely a new manager must try out players on his own to form an accurate view of how good a player actually is............whilst appreciating that everyone can have a "bad day at the office" - it takes more than one or two games to find that out; not giving players a proper chance to show thier worth is hardly going to inspire brilliant performances either.

I think you'd be a little confused too when players like Rankin (who you have never really seen play before) perform so badly one week and then play like THAT against the huns.

I've heard of inconsistancy but ffs

Nearly ALL teams see a immediate impact when a new manager comes in but if anything we've got WORSE!!

Zero football being played and reduced to playing young, out of the picture CH's up top so we can keep hoofing away..
    Probably the daftest thing I've heard people judging CC on (and it's not just you, others have been guilty as well ).

I understand you're frustration completely as a fellow Hibee but just because we've not had the small amount of appeasement which comes from having a "honeymoon period" when a new manager comes in, doesn't mean he's a crap manager - if anything it means that the players truely don't care enough even to work at trying to impress the new boss.

I'm beginning to wonder who is..............

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar

You can only piss with the c... you've got comes to mind.

Evey player has had their chance now to impress. ffs let CC get on with it and judge him when the time is right..

Quote Originally Posted by lenny leith View Post

Thats all
    We can't keep changing managers.

CC has more on his CV than Collins, Mixu and Yogi put together. He did not give up a No2 job in the EPL to fail in the SPL.

He has to work with what he inherited - and the recent consensus on here is that is a poor legacy.

He selected 20 players in the three games played this week and changed the formation each time. He is evidently trying to figure out how to get the best out of a squad which collectively lacks fight, guile and leadership.

I do hope he is able to bring in new faces in January and put his own stamp on things. I can't see any real alternative way forward.

Was going to say I couldn't believe folk were lining up the pot-shots already but then again nothing should surprise these days.

CC has no choice but to try and give the sub-standard played he has some confidence but you can be 100 percent certain major changes will happen and I wouldn't be surprised if a few happen very soon.

[QUOTE He can take that wage thief De Graaf with him in all...you just don't equate Dutch players with having such a poor technique.

[/QUOTE]

Why would a dutch player with any real class and ability come to Scotland - sorry folks the above quote says it all.