hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

What to take from that

Thicot was ok as was Brown

Hibs desperatly trying to not lose a goal for 90mins, I take nothing from that other than seeing a great club reduced to trying to hang on and only doing so through Hearts not taking more advantage of the shocking space. It was eventually taken. Disgrace we are in this state absolute disgrace.

Pathetic team, pathetic tactics, pathetic board, fantastic support no excuse there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Plenty fight and effort but little in the way of skill, I fear for the future.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Havent had the chance to see hibs live for some time but agree with everything you said. We were hanging on from the get go, and everything about us is terrible. It really depends now on how Hamilton do in there games in hand and the game against us if we can win that it changes things but until then id say every team in the league is better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thicot was ok as was Brown

Hibs desperatly trying to not lose a goal for 90mins, I take nothing from that other than seeing a great club reduced to trying to hang on and only doing so through Hearts not taking more advantage of the shocking space. It was eventually taken. Disgrace we are in this state absolute disgrace.

Pathetic team, pathetic tactics, pathetic board, fantastic support no excuse there.
    Very accurate assesment. Agree with every word.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    No, didnt see enough of that I saw petty fouls, dreadful display.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    No, didnt see enough of that I saw petty fouls, dreadful display.
    The amount of terrible clearances from defense was very worrying too, stuff that you see in kids football. Also our midfield gave the ball away more than they passed it to our own players.

There is nothing we can take from that game, apart form the fact that we didn't disgrace ourselves and get hammered.

But that is 8 points out of 33 for CC now. To me, him and Petrie should be under pressure. Petrie has lumbered us with another bad manager. January is a HUGE month for the club. If he makes the wrong signings, CC will get us relegated.

Left by mutual consent!
    The people that went to that and all of us really deserve a club in this state? I think we are a lot better than that

100% to the fans there today.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Not a lot. Duffy looked ok with the little service he had. Dickoh played well until lacking commitment at the goal. Brown was class bar his kicking. Major changes needed

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    I have to say being a Hibs fan has always had its ups and downs but the state we find ourselves in at present is simply not acceptable.

On the day of this match we find out one of our best players has more or less been sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    I said on here I have doubts over CC but I have doubts over 90% of that team. Again I fail to see what CC offers that Yogi didnt. This club needs an overhaul of the like we have not seen in years, will it get it? I doubt it.

I do not think CC is the person to do that job, Yogi was probably not the man either but should have waited for that experienced man.

Its a ****ing shambles Petrie shambles.

We were second to every ball in midfield for most of the game, when it came to a 50-50 header you know who was going to win it, And just let me say that Liam Miller must have thought he was part of hearts settup as he gave them the ball at every opportunity.
    A makeshift team did not to bad all things considered but we need some giants in midfield.
    Oh and de Graff , dont know what to say but i thik others can fill in the blanks.

First Team Breakthrough Nelly070's Avatar
    Yes we are in a mess but considering that most on here thought we would get beat by a barrow load, it's not a bad result !

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    The amount of terrible clearances from defense was very worrying too, stuff that you see in kids football. Also our midfield gave the ball away more than they passed it to our own players.
    I'm with you slick...the amount of times we just sent it back where it came from was worrying....hitting and hoping it hits a green jersey.....garbage.
    The midfield was not creative at all...and anonymous up front.....why no Stevenson, or Zemmama ?....Not going to slaughter calderwood, but I don't see him improving this team.....we need massive investment/change in the squad.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

we all know what were gettin from hibs these days to me ther was a loy more fight in the team today, ok noone to put ther foot on the ball but we havent had that for ages wev got to start somewher

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    There is nothing we can take from that game, apart form the fact that we didn't disgrace ourselves and get hammered.

But that is 8 points out of 33 for CC now. To me, him and Petrie should be under pressure. Petrie has lumbered us with another bad manager. January is a HUGE month for the club. If he makes the wrong signings, CC will get us relegated.
    CC is working with someone else's team. Don't think we can class him as a 'bad manager' until he's had the chance to bring in the players he wants etc. Sounds tired and cliched but I don't think we can really judge him on Yogi's players, for the most part.
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    CC is working with someone else's team. Don't think we can class him as a 'bad manager' until he's had the chance to bring in the players he wants etc. Sounds tired and cliched but I don't think we can really judge him on Yogi's players, for the most part.
    CC has had long enough to arrange for at least some form of organisation in the team , why hasn't he made a difference, tightened things up, eliminated the basic mistakes ... I'm not judging him on Yogi's players, but solely on results, surely that's all that counts?

Coaching Staff
    Luckily I fell asleep and awokie only to see the second half.

I mistakenly understood the commentator to say that we had had a man sent off, and certainly the way we played in that second half it appeared as if there were more players in a hearts strip than a Hibs one.

I can't remember seeing a poorer performance by a Hibs side, whose sole target seemed to be kick the ball up the park away from ever increasing danger.

Had hearts had a decent team, then we would have been embariasingly humped.

Dear oh dear, what have we become.

Hopefully Hamilton will continue to get beat, because I can;t see us winning many games this season.

Just heading back from the game.

We were terrible, every time we had the ball at the back it got lumped up in the air. Effort was there but no quality at all.

If Hamilton pick up some form we will be playing first division football next year.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs7_0 View Post
    I'm with you slick...the amount of times we just sent it back where it came from was worrying....hitting and hoping it hits a green jersey.....garbage.
    The midfield was not creative at all...and anonymous up front.....why no Stevenson, or Zemmama ?....Not going to slaughter calderwood, but I don't see him improving this team.....we need massive investment/change in the squad.
    apparently said after the game there wont be big change, if that right use the Bamba money to get Deek signed cos the rest wont lift us any higher i dont think

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    apart from brown who i thought was good today i wouldnt keep any of the crap, thicot is never a full back, dickoh - average, hanlon - average, grounds - average, murray - average, ge graaf - pish, miller - avergae, riordan -obviously has talent but can tplay with this crap, trakys -average

i sent a txt in to bbc scotland after the utd game about miller saying hearts were free to waste their thousands per week on him and alan preston pretty much said i was talking crap, after another woeful game can he still say miller is class

Left by mutual consent!
    I think we're in big trouble

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    apparently said after the game there wont be big change, if that right use the Bamba money to get Deek signed cos the rest wont lift us any higher i dont think
    Yes because Deeks was absolutely amazing today...... A so called Hibs man playing against their rivals, and he done hee haw.... Magic

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    There was plenty fight and determination from Hearts, we were good at complaining and giving away fouls. Nowhere near enough desire in our side. The Hearts players looked like the knew what it was to play in an Edinburgh Derby, Hibs really didn't.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    CC has had long enough to arrange for at least some form of organisation in the team , why hasn't he made a difference, tightened things up, eliminated the basic mistakes ... I'm not judging him on Yogi's players, but solely on results, surely that's all that counts?
    I cant recall yogi being sacked for his signings. Nothing has changed in tactics, formations etc. No change. Pointless sacking.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    If we could have held out we might have got a point. we did'nt.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    But we KEEP saying this. And it doesn't happen!!

We've now got four keepers and Edwin De Graff.

He has made no difference so far. None. At. All.

We've just lost Bamba FFS but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a replacement coming in...

The only thing I see is an open door for many of our players,if reducing the squad to pay better wages and get better players in then so be it .
    I dont know if thats the answer,one thing for sure hes got his work cut out .
    How many would you keep out of our present squad not many I would think 4 or 5 at a push 6 thats an awful lot of cash being payed for zip .
    Getting worse cant happen this is as bad as it gets which Im sorry to say, time for the manager to do his job and move the majority of our players on .

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    How can you blame a Manager when players make elementry mistakes in every single game?
    We were like the Keystone Cops at almost every set piece that came into our box. Players mis-kicking the ball (and getting lucky) in our own six yard box.
    Some will say that he picks the team, but when the likes of Hogg are your only alternative, then you are ****ed.
    These players simply are not good enough and, much as it pains me to say it, they are now unbeaten in nine, so this was never likely to be easy.
    I am as dissapointed as the next man, but the problems that we have are deep rooted and I'm surprised that some folk are beginning to wake up to that.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Given our recent form I thought we did reasonably well. The object of the exercice today was not to get hammered. We defended well untill the final minutes and Nish could have silenced the boo boys if his shot had went in at the far post.
    It is embarassing to have to play that way in a derby but that is the level we have sunk to unfortunately.
    As for De Graaf, the sooner he follows Bamba out the door the better. A total imposter.