hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Stevenson - Merged

On that showing tonight, he is 100% better than Miller. I thought he played well especially considering that he has not had much opportunity lately.

He looked much more comfortable playing more towards the middle of midfield than being played on the left side of midfield/defence.

Not saying he is the solution to all our problems, but I thought he showed desire to play for Hibs with more skill than Miller.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On that showing tonight, he is 100% better than Miller. I thought he played well especially considering that he has not had much opportunity lately.

He looked much more comfortable playing more towards the middle of midfield than being played on the left side of midfield/defence.

Not saying he is the solution to all our problems, but I thought he showed desire to play for Hibs with more skill than Miller.

Thoughts?
    Not sure about alll of that - could he be more skillful than Liam Miller? I don't think so.
    But for effort strength and productivity certainly better than Miller has been of late.
    And miles ahead of Rankin I'm afraid.

my MOTM tonight definately shown potential but lets not get carried away

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He was my MOM tonight

He was controlling the midfield at times, his passing was excellent and he was really pushing us forward especially in the first half

Lewis did more in the 70 or so minutes he was on the park tonight than Miller has done this year. Well done wee man.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Though he did q lot of running and played a few good balls to Galbraith. 100% better than Rankin. Different player to Miller though

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    Agreed - MOM. Not sure about potential though. I think Lewis might be our longest serving player? Could get shot down here but he made his debut in the Cork friendly and I can't think of any others from that side still here (unbroken service of course).
    Time for the wee man to fill his boots and Saturday would be a good start - he's did it there before.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    I have always thought that lewis has been unlucky not to have been in the first team squad, never any doubt regarding commitment not the most talented player ever but gets stuck in and puts in a solid shift, which has been lacking severly.
    A wee man marking role on templeton for sat??

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar

Thoughts?
    I made him MOTM tonight and he only went off because he was 100% knackered as he had given every ounce of fight and energy he had by then!

Well done Lewis, a good player doesn't lose what makes him good no matter what some of the keyboard "experts" might say!

I thought he did quite well tonight but as usual with Lewis folk are getting carried away. Past history shows that he finds it difficult to keep it up for any more than a game or 2.

If he can do that game in game out he'd be useful to have around but I would not be offering him a new contract based on the previous 4 years. He does of course have a few months to turn it around but he'll really need to do what he did tonight and more for a sustained period.

I'd also agree though that Stevensons performance tonight was much better than Miller has produced recently which should have LM hanging his head in shame- doubt it though!

Very good performance tonight and deserves a run in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    Very good performance tonight and deserves a run in the team.
    Managers like players who play for them. That will be CC's first glimpse of Lewis as a starter and I think he'll get a run in the team now

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Managers like players who play for them. That will be CC's first glimpse of Lewis as a starter and I think he'll get a run in the team now
    He started him against Hearts and I made a similar thread afterwards. He was then dropped against Rangers which surprised me.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I agree

Pleased for the boy. Needs to keep it going though
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Thoughts?
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettle down!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wright Jnr View Post
    He started him against Hearts and I made a similar thread afterwards. He was then dropped against Rangers which surprised me.
    I realised that just after I posted it
    Still, i think CC will be pleased with what hes seen from Lewis.

He started CC's first few games.

Lewis

I was delighted to see Lewis in tonight's team and i am in agreement with most of the posters when i say he too was my man of the match.
    No one is getting carried away saying he is our saviour, we are only giving praise where it is due. How many posts have we had on this forum this season that are in praise of a Hib's player?

Give him his 70 mins of praise as he deserved it, he is not a Miller type of player but he will give all he has got to the jersey every time. He needs support from the fans and these comments can only do him good. If he plays on Saturday then i hope he gives a good account of himself, he cant be as bad as half of them in the team right now.

Well done Lewis keep it up and enjoy the praise!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Did he pass the ball forward at all tonight?

Did he beat a man?

Did he win a tackle?

I'm sure in the lead up to their 2nd goal he received a pass in the middle of the park, under no pressure at all but without taking a touch papped it right back to Dickoh then him to Brown and the 2nd goal came about..

That's right positive play eh?!

Lewis Stevenson is NEVER good enough a player for Hibs to progress, he's just like Rankin but with longer hair..

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    I was delighted to see Lewis in tonight's team and i am in agreement with most of the posters when i say he too was my man of the match.
    No one is getting carried away saying he is our saviour, we are only giving praise where it is due. How many posts have we had on this forum this season that are in praise of a Hib's player?

Give him his 70 mins of praise as he deserved it, he is not a Miller type of player but he will give all he has got to the jersey every time. He needs support from the fans and these comments can only do him good. If he plays on Saturday then i hope he gives a good account of himself, he cant be as bad as half of them in the team right now.

He played a blinder last time we won at Tynie (maybe last time he started there too). Winding up Mikey Stewart. Deffo be in my starting 11.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post

Did he beat a man?

Did he win a tackle?

I'm sure in the lead up to their 2nd goal he received a pass in the middle of the park, under no pressure at all but without taking a touch papped it right back to Dickoh then him to Brown and the 2nd goal came about..

Lewis Stevenson is NEVER good enough a player for Hibs to progress, he's just like Rankin but with longer hair..
    Steven.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    Steven.
    Am I wrong Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    He started CC's first few games.
    Aye - he was ok at Eberdeen (CC's first game), and one of our best if not best at Tannadice (CC's second) IIRC

Did he beat a man?

Did he win a tackle?

Did you just look at the negatives? The guy played well and if you cant give him a bit credit for it that,s quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post

Well said, he deserves a bit credit when he plays well, christ knows he gets enough stick when he does,nt.

He played well tonight - least showed he cares and made some good passes and forward too

Was Stevenson not man of the match in CIS Cup Final a few years back ?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Am I wrong Scott?
    I thought he played well tonight.

Not as good as some are making out but he played better tonight than he has in a long time.

Sorry men, but I don't understand this mass hysteria!

I thought Stevenson was average tonight, certainly didn't stick out. I don't think he is good enough and we need to move him on.

Harsh but fair.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    I thought he played well tonight.

Not as good as some are making out but he played better tonight than he has in a long time.
    Right ok, did he "play well" for Lewis Stevenson standard or did he "play well" as a CM in the SPL standard?!

Any one of Hertz' cloggers will tear him up for erse paper on Saturday if he plays, he's just not good enough to be in a Hibs squad..

Right ok, did he "play well" for Lewis Stevenson standard or did he "play well" as a CM in the SPL standard?!

Any one of Hertz' cloggers will tear him up for erse paper on Saturday if he plays, he's just not good enough to be in a Hibs squad..
    You have summed it up. He is not good enough, simple as.