hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players Ratings

Players Ratings

anybody at the match got ratings for the players? who actually got mom?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Brown 5/10- Kicking was awful, looked nervous.

Hart 5/10- At fault for the 2nd goal, played better second half
    Hanlon 8/10- Looked good at left back. My MOM.
    Dickoh 6/10- Ok but needs to dominate more.
    Bamba 6/10- At fault for 1st goal, ok after that.

De Graaf 7/10- Best I've seen him play for Hibs, hopefully more to come
    Stevenson 7.5/10- Played well
    Murray 6/10- Steady as always
    Galbraith 7/10- Looked good in flashes, good to see a bit direct running.
    Wotherspoon 5/10- Not his finest game.

Riordan 7/10- Tried hard, 2 good free kicks

Zemamma 4/10- Looked rusty, few flashes
    Duffy 5/10- Looks decent, had one half decent effort.
    Miller 5/10- Neat and tidy, kept the ball well in lead up to the equaliser.

Maybe a bit generous with these ratings but it was just so good to see a bit of fight and urgency in the 2nd half. Lets get in about these Hertz fuds at the weekend.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    anybody at the match got ratings for the players? who actually got mom?
    Brown 4 Hopeless Kicker of the ball, Never ever trys to get out to a player breaking through, comes half way and stops leaving an open goal, poor at crosses and dont rate him at all.

Hart 3 Worse than Van Zanten, truly awful defender,responsible for how many goals this season, better going forward.

Hanlon 7 Tries like a bear but hasnt progressed as I had hoped

Bamba 5 Horrible error for goal, few shaky moments then looks like a player

Dickoh 7 Probably the best centre half on the books at the moment IMO

Stevenson 7 Despite his limitations I thought he put in a good effort tonight

Galbraith 8 best full game performance for Hibs, but could do with taking more care with final ball

De Graff 7 Put in a power of work, but faded badly. a just about player just lacks the final quality

Murray 6 Tries like a bear but legs have gone IMO and as a consequence use of ball is poor

Wotherspoon 5 Nothing really came off for him.

Riordan 6 The great enignma, great free kicks, but being asked to play a role he is not physically capable off which blunts overall effectiveness.

Subs

Zemmama 4 Unsurprisingly miles off the pace

Duffy 5 Found space well and may have a little pace

Miller 4 loooks totally bereft of confidence
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 29-12-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Brown - 5 - kicking was shocking and his confidence sagged...him and Bamba arguing not good

Hart - 3 - Saved it from being 0-3 with great last ditch tackle...best forgotten match other than that inclusing gift for second
    Bamba - 5 very shakey first half and error strewn match. If its hard he does it well if its easy he balls' it up
    Dickoh - 5 see above...better second half
    Hanlon - 8 - even apart from goal he defended well and gave an outlet up left supporting Galbraith

Lewis - 8 - really good shift both craeting and digging in when needed..ran out of steam and sub was correct near end
    Spoony - 6 - Decent match for half he was on
    De Graff -8 Best match for the hibs so far. Gave dig and drive and pushed up supporting through the middle
    Murray -6 - Poor first half where he was being out paced and though and missing challenges. Much improved second half where he started to drive others on..Looked knackered after 70 mins subbed 80
    Galbraith -8 - Like Eddie best game so far where his pace was used to effect and he linked up much better with others, particularly Hanlon supporting him

Deeks - 7 - Not his best game but worked much more for the team and did a job thats not natural for him..2 graet free kicks one leading to first goal (maybe some practice at corners rather than shooting this week as most of these were woeful)

Brown 6 distribution woeful, so different from the sheep game.

Hanlon 8- drove forward throughout
    Dickoh 7-good going forward, suspect defensively
    Bamba 6- like Dickoh but more so
    Hart 5- The weak link at the back, im afraid.

De Graaf 7 excellent first half, neat passing and some good tackling, faded a bit but deserves some plaudits for a change.
    Stevenson 8 best ive seen him play for ages
    Murray 5 not his best game
    Spoony played OK I thought until HT, was he injured?

Galbraith 7
    Riordan 6 nothing of note except setting up the first goal. The usual

Subs
    Zemmama- delighted to see him back, looked dangerous throughout.
    Duffy- reasonable debut
    Miller- looked committed, boos when he came on were r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

All in all, a big improvement from the Sheep game. Feel a lot better going into the derby

De Graff got the sponsors MOM, which just goes to show that drinking alcohol does impare your judgement.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Brown - 4 his kicking was awful

Hart 3 - simply awful
    Bamba 5 - at fault for the first goal but did make a few decent tackles
    Dickoh 5 - again at fault for the first goal but did improve
    Hanlon 8 - best game I've seen from him in a while, defended well, pushed forward and scored

Wotherspoon 4 - left hart too exposed at times
    Stevenson 8 - was running the midfield at times, was really pushing us forward in the first half and also did his fair share of defending
    de graaf 6 - won a lot of balls but his passing let him down
    Murray 7 - he had a few shaky moments but for the most he was solid
    Galbraith 7 - some brilliant runs down the wing, a few dodgy crosses though

Riordan 6 - wasn't really in the game however his free kick provided us with the first goal.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought Miller looked back to his old self when he came on. Used the ball well and changed the tempo when things were going a bit flat. Hanlon MOTM tho. I am very worried about what Templeton will do to Hart though

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I thought Miller looked back to his old self when he came on. Used the ball well and changed the tempo when things were going a bit flat. Hanlon MOTM tho. I am very worried about what Templeton will do to Hart though
    Gave the ball away his first 3 touches, still not as good as some people think he is IMO

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Brown - 5 - kicking was shocking and his confidence sagged...him and Bamba arguing not good

Hart - 3 - Saved it from being 0-3 with great last ditch tackle...best forgotten match other than that inclusing gift for second
    Bamba - 5 very shakey first half and error strewn match. If its hard he does it well if its easy he balls' it up
    Hanlon - 8 - even apart from goal he defended well and gave an outlet up left supporting Galbraith

Lewis - 8 - really good shift both craeting and digging in when needed..ran out of steam and sub was correct near end
    De Graff -8 Best match for the hibs so far. Gave dig and drive and pushed up supporting through the middle
    Murray -6 - Poor first half where he was being out paced and though and missing challenges. Much improved second half where he started to drive others on..Looked knackered after 70 mins subbed 80
    Galbraith -8 - Like Eddie best game so far where his pace was used to effect and he linked up much better with others, particularly Hanlon supporting him

Deeks - 7 - Not his best game but worked much more for the team and did a job thats not natural for him..2 graet free kicks one leading to first goal (maybe some practice at corners rather than shooting this week as most of these were woeful)

Good assessment IMO!

Hart needs to stop getting too close to his man as he constantly get's "rolled" and left for dead out wide! Horrible mistake from him tonight for the 2nd which was difficult to take after Bamba's equally horrendous one for the 1st goal!

If only we could stop gifting goals before we get going!

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Brown 5 - Not a lot to do and no chance with the goals, but was caught flapping and kicking was murder.

Hart - 2 Slower than a wet weekend in arbroath, truly dire and seemed to be moving in slow motion for the 2nd goal. Dangerously Poor.

Hanlon 8 - Motm and bagged a goal. Seemed to be the only sensible defender we had.

Dickoh 6 - Caught a couple of times but fairly solid/anonymous

Bamba 5 - Bagged a goal but cost one with the first aswell, far too casual for my liking and maybe thinks he is the finished article.

Stevenson 7 - One of our better players and got stuck in about it. Never created a great deal but done himself no harm.

Murray 6 - Anonymous/Solid aswell, distribution fairly poor but did what needed to be done.

Galbraith 6.5 - Seems to be more of an impact player ala sproule but did look lively on occasion.

De Graff 6.5 - Done ok, worked his socks of and played some simple stuff.

Spoony 4.5 - Things never came off for him tonight and was rightly replaced.

Riordan 5 - Quiet tonight but got into some ok positions and a couple of cracking free kicks

SUBS

Zouma 5.5 - Not great by any means but seemed to give everyone a boost just by being there, showed a couple of glimpses.

Duffy 5.5 - Showed a couple of nice touches and worked the channels. I have a feeling he will do well with a few games under his belt

Miller 4 - Lost possession regularly and looks like his shift on the bench didnt give him the rocket up his arse that was required. Liked the bench so much he has booked himself a seat there at Tyne.

GAFFER - 5 - Baffling formation at home and felt that the double sub should have been made sooner. Must have gave them a rollicking at half time though as it was a transformed team that came out that second half.
    Last edited by Mikey_1875; 29-12-2010 at 09:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Brown - 6 Needs better communication with his defenders (especially re their 2nd) and the less said about his distribution the better. Not a lot to do though.
    Hart - 4 Woeful for their 2nd goal - couldn't even catch the boy to foul him properly. Improved slightly in the 2nd half but still not convinced by him.
    Bamba - 6 A typical performance from the big man. Some good work but some horror moments including another mixup for their first.
    Dickoh - 6 Lack of communication with Bamba for their first, redolent of Killie errors - these need to be stamped out. Not his worst game though.
    Hanlon - 8 Much improved on Sunday's performance; got forward well and supported Galbraith, and chipped in with the equaliser. Better at LB than CB in my opinion.
    Stevenson - 8 Reckon he made a big difference to the midfield. Has a lot of fight and dig, put in a great shift and gets forward well.
    Wotherspoon - 6 Similar to Sunday; great going forward and provides a lot of width in the midfield. Replaced at H/T.
    De Graaf - 7 One of his better games. Looks more assured than he has done, and supported the attack well.
    Murray - 7 Gave it his all and despite a dodgy first half, improved in the 2nd. Subbed on 80mins.
    Galbraith - 8 Probably his best performance in a Hibs jersey. His speed caused United problems, and his willingness to beat a man and put a cross in is refreshing.
    Riordan - 6 Fairly subdued by the United defence but made the first goal and was unlucky with the late freekick.

Zemmama - 5 Looked a tad off the pace as you might expect but caused problems for the United defence and it's great to have a player back who other teams struggle to cope with.
    Miller - 4 Nothing noteworthy really, but held the ball up well.
    Duffy - 5 Looks up for it, quick and direct which is what we need.
    Last edited by Bayern Bru; 29-12-2010 at 09:56 PM.
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post

Agree with most of that...

Would add - Brown needs to improve the accuracy of his kicking - full backs and players off the ball have to help him more - rather than hiding.

Hart - best game I have seen from him for a while - though still gets beaten too easily - Templeton will ruin him. Did make a vital interception which stopped it being 3v0.

Bamba - looks like he finds things too easy sometimes - needs to concentrate better - we need a big performance from him in the derby.

Hanlon - much better than Grounds - needs to work on when to pass to forwards - forced too many passes.

De Graff - good 1st half - 2nd half didn't do that much ? Strange he got MOM ?

Stevenson - great energy - passed the ball well - must start in the derby.

Ian Murray - 1st touch is terrible - but works hard for the team.

Galbraith - best game I have seen him play - very lightweight - but put in some dangerous balls and gave us width.

Wootherspoon - gave width also - but slowed it down when he had it - play him right back for the Derby ?

Deek - Can you sort your corners out - hitting the 1st man at least 3 times is a disgrace. Did ok though with limited touches of the ball.

Subs -

Zoomer - you could see it was 1st game back - gives us another dimension and is a goal threat

Duffy - liked his movement

Miller - for a jambo did well - kept the ball and played it forwards finally

Overall a much better TEAM performance 2nd half - 1st half we were nervous and another 2 cheap goals - if we can improve the basics we will continue to improve.

Better tactics and width - well done CC

Brown - 5/10 - looked nervous, poor kicking. Decent save to tip a header on to the bar.

Hart - 4/10 - sorry but he looks well past it. Was at fault for their second goal. But for a good last ditch goal line clearance (to prevent us going 3-0 down) I would have given him a 2/10

Bamba - 5/10 - shocker for their first goal, looked rusty, we need a better game from the big man in the Derby

Dickoh - 5/10 - did ok, not convinced though

Hanlon - 6/10 - can't believe some of the high marks for him! I thought he was average at best. Lost (or completely missed) loads of headers, distribution was poor. Yes he scored, but he needs to play a lot better on New Years Day, if selected.

Stevenson - 5/10 - tried, but just not good enough IMHO. We need to get rid of him.

De Graaf - 6/10 - he actually played well in the 1st half (almost unbelievably), Thought he was poor in the 2nd half though. The fact that he was our "Star Signing" in the summer sums up why we are in the mess we are in. Harsh but fair I am afraid.

Murray - 6/10 - he tries but another who is past his best IMHO. Not the answer in midfield (tin hat on)

Wotherspoon - 4/10 - not impressed, would struggle to get a game for most other SPL teams IMHO

Galbraith - 7/10 - thought he looked good. Caused them some problems and is the only one in our team with any sort of pace. I think/pray he will do well on New Years Day

Riordan - 6/10 - two great free kicks. Average apart from that. If I was a scout at the game I would be looking elsewhere, to be honest. Hope he has a blinder on New YEars Day (and keeps the head!)

Zemmama - 5/10 - did ok but can only be 40% fit (match fit that is). A sign of how desperate we were that we brought him on at 1/2 time! Hopefully the 45 mins will have done him good

Miller - 5/10 - done OK when he came on. Does his booking (he took one for the team) mean he will miss the New Years Day game anyone ?

Duffy - 5/10 - looked up for it. Hope he can stay inhury free, get fit and be a good signing for us.

Calderwood - 6/10 - was brave to put Zemmama on so early. Felt he could have changed it a bit earlier with the other subs though. I would like to see him more animated on the touchline. Sat right behind him tonight and was struck as to how unemotional he was! Almost makes me question how bothered he really is about things! As for Adams - never saw him. Gareth Evans was getting more involved in proceedings than Adams! Strange managerial partnership IMHO, as mentioned on other threads.

Brown 5 not at fault for either Goal got lucky with the one off the line. Kicking Woeful still our best keeper.

Hart 3 Want him to do well but he looks a liability.

Hanlon 7 Put in lots of effort very good 2nd half and really tried to drive us on, topped with a goal.

Bamba 5 Horrible error for goal needs to keep it simple looks like he is trying to play football to get a Big move he just needs to defend thanks.

Dickoh 6 A Few poor touches but did okay all 4 CH we have need to improve.

Stevenson 7 Proved why Miller wont be missed if he can replace him and look okay there are beeter players around. He is a tryer not the longterm answer.

Galbraith 7 Played well plenty of effort need to get his head up more final must improve but no doubt his best game to date.

De Graff 7 His best game so far not great just steady for the 1st time tonight I saw something from him. Still needs to improve and is still very slow.

Murray 4 Sorry to say Ian has gone if he is to play it will have to be sweeper where his lack of pace will not be exposed.

Wotherspoon 6 Lively start faded bit unlucky to be subbed.

Riordan 6 We need him simple as that.

Subs

Zemmama 4 Great to have him back, made a foll of himself arguing over the late free kick.

Duffy 5 Couple of shots on target looked okay

Miller 4 The game slowed everytime he got the ball he wont be missed.

LOTS OF POSITIVES ESPECIALLY 2ND HALF.

Played 14 players Nish and Rankin not involved we now have options with Zemmama and Duffy being fit a little peek of light at the end of a very long dark tunnel

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz_hibee View Post
    Gave the ball away his first 3 touches, still not as good as some people think he is IMO

Ok i'm guessing you're never gonna like him then

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    Brown - 5/10 - looked nervous, poor kicking. Decent save to tip a header on to the bar.

Hart - 4/10 - sorry but he looks well past it. Was at fault for their second goal. But for a good last ditch goal line clearance (to prevent us going 3-0 down) I would have given him a 2/10

Bamba - 5/10 - shocker for their first goal, looked rusty, we need a better game from the big man in the Derby

Dickoh - 5/10 - did ok, not convinced though

Hanlon - 6/10 - can't believe some of the high marks for him! I thought he was average at best. Lost (or completely missed) loads of headers, distribution was poor. Yes he scored, but he needs to play a lot better on New Years Day, if selected.

Stevenson - 5/10 - tried, but just not good enough IMHO. We need to get rid of him.

De Graaf - 6/10 - he actually played well in the 1st half (almost unbelievably), Thought he was poor in the 2nd half though. The fact that he was our "Star Signing" in the summer sums up why we are in the mess we are in. Harsh but fair I am afraid.

Murray - 6/10 - he tries but another who is past his best IMHO. Not the answer in midfield (tin hat on)

Wotherspoon - 4/10 - not impressed, would struggle to get a game for most other SPL teams IMHO

Galbraith - 7/10 - thought he looked good. Caused them some problems and is the only one in our team with any sort of pace. I think/pray he will do well on New Years Day

Riordan - 6/10 - two great free kicks. Average apart from that. If I was a scout at the game I would be looking elsewhere, to be honest. Hope he has a blinder on New YEars Day (and keeps the head!)

Zemmama - 5/10 - did ok but can only be 40% fit (match fit that is). A sign of how desperate we were that we brought him on at 1/2 time! Hopefully the 45 mins will have done him good

Miller - 5/10 - done OK when he came on. Does his booking (he took one for the team) mean he will miss the New Years Day game anyone ?

Duffy - 5/10 - looked up for it. Hope he can stay inhury free, get fit and be a good signing for us.

Calderwood - 6/10 - was brave to put Zemmama on so early. Felt he could have changed it a bit earlier with the other subs though. I would like to see him more animated on the touchline. Sat right behind him tonight and was struck as to how unemotional he was! Almost makes me question how bothered he really is about things! As for Adams - never saw him. Gareth Evans was getting more involved in proceedings than Adams! Strange managerial partnership IMHO, as mentioned on other threads.

What game did you watch ? you are on a different planet IMHO HA HA

Quote Originally Posted by benrocky View Post

Haven't seen your player ratings - what are they ?

Brown - 5.5 - solid keeper but his kicking from pass backs is poor. Particularly poor kicking tonight but overall glad we have him.

Hart - 5.5 - poor for the second goal, should have won the pace battle and strength battle. He needs more confidence in himself as when he does try to beat someone he can generally do it for pace.

Hanlon - 8.5 - great second half, obviously told to get further forward. Solid enough first half.

Bamba - 3.5 - he gets that high because he scored. The first goal was as bad, if not worse than Hogg on Sunday and worringly I thought for the entire game the centre halfs looked more uncomfortable than we did on Sunday and that was a shambles. He never learnt from his laxed approach later in the first half with twice being caught out. Also never reacted to ball into the box for the second goal.

Dickoh - 4 - think Bamba's performance did not help him but looked akward and uncomfortable. Again whilst Hart had a mare for the second goal, both CH's stood in the box as it was crossed in and the one (and only) Utd player in the box beat them to it.

De Graff - 7 - good energy in the first half and I thought some of his close link up play was good. Tired and less influential in the second half but gave us more drive than we have had in midfield in last game.

Stevenson - 8 - thought Stevenson played really well and don't remember him losing the ball once. Drove us forward when he got the ball but needs confidence to have a pop rather than always to play someone else in.

Galbraith - 7 - easily the best game he has had for us based on having a start. He showed pace and put in some good crosses but doesn't lift his head enough prior to crossing. 2/3 balls into the box were decent driven crosses but there was no one there.

Murray - 6.5 - gives us grit and dig but first touch is not great and looks as if his fitness is an issue, first name on the sheet for next week though.

Wotherspoon - 5.5 - only got 45 mins. Not as effective as Sunday but looks to be getting his confidence back and trying things. He is a natural talent who will only get better but needs to be left in midfield to have most effect.

Riordan - 4.5 - not nearly enough movement and pressure on the Utd defence for playing up front on his own. Good strike of the ball for two free kicks, however, did not pressure the Utd defence who were using a striker and a full back as centre halves.

Subs

Zemmama - 5 - great to see him back and one or two great touches and defenders still scared of him but long way off fitness.

Duffy - 6 - still a bit of fitness but ran the channels, looked for the ball and had a couple of shots (even if they didn't really trouble the keeper). Running the channels allowed other players to be brought into play.

Miller - 5 - showed some appetite for short time he was on the pitch. Would leave him on the bench though.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    Brown - 5.5 - solid keeper but his kicking from pass backs is poor. Particularly poor kicking tonight but overall glad we have him.

Hart - 5.5 - poor for the second goal, should have won the pace battle and strength battle. He needs more confidence in himself as when he does try to beat someone he can generally do it for pace.

Hanlon - 8.5 - great second half, obviously told to get further forward. Solid enough first half.

Bamba - 3.5 - he gets that high because he scored. The first goal was as bad, if not worse than Hogg on Sunday and worringly I thought for the entire game the centre halfs looked more uncomfortable than we did on Sunday and that was a shambles. He never learnt from his laxed approach later in the first half with twice being caught out. Also never reacted to ball into the box for the second goal.

Dickoh - 4 - think Bamba's performance did not help him but looked akward and uncomfortable. Again whilst Hart had a mare for the second goal, both CH's stood in the box as it was crossed in and the one (and only) Utd player in the box beat them to it.

De Graff - 7 - good energy in the first half and I thought some of his close link up play was good. Tired and less influential in the second half but gave us more drive than we have had in midfield in last game.

Stevenson - 8 - thought Stevenson played really well and don't remember him losing the ball once. Drove us forward when he got the ball but needs confidence to have a pop rather than always to play someone else in.

Galbraith - 7 - easily the best game he has had for us based on having a start. He showed pace and put in some good crosses but doesn't lift his head enough prior to crossing. 2/3 balls into the box were decent driven crosses but there was no one there.

Murray - 6.5 - gives us grit and dig but first touch is not great and looks as if his fitness is an issue, first name on the sheet for next week though.

Wotherspoon - 5.5 - only got 45 mins. Not as effective as Sunday but looks to be getting his confidence back and trying things. He is a natural talent who will only get better but needs to be left in midfield to have most effect.

Riordan - 4.5 - not nearly enough movement and pressure on the Utd defence for playing up front on his own. Good strike of the ball for two free kicks, however, did not pressure the Utd defence who were using a striker and a full back as centre halves.

Subs

Zemmama - 5 - great to see him back and one or two great touches and defenders still scared of him but long way off fitness.

Duffy - 6 - still a bit of fitness but ran the channels, looked for the ball and had a couple of shots (even if they didn't really trouble the keeper). Running the channels allowed other players to be brought into play.

Miller - 5 - showed some appetite for short time he was on the pitch. Would leave him on the bench though.

agree with your ratings. Now here is someone who watched tonights game take note TVOR

agree with your ratings. Now here is someone who watched tonights game take note TVOR
    OK, I have taken note !

No sorry, your going to need to up your patter....
    Last edited by Cropley10; 29-12-2010 at 11:36 PM.

OK, I have taken note !

Ok I will let you know if you have after next game when you post your player ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    No sorry, your going to need to up to your patter....

your quote makes no sense

Ok I will let you know if you have after next game when you post your player ratings
    I can always check with you before I post them ?

Or better still, hows about you post your own ratings before having a go at someone elses ?

Village missing an idiot alert chaps !!!!!

Fixed it now

Reading between the lines, I think that he thinks you are a Yam and/or a Grade A Fud.

I'll go with the "Grade A Fud"

I can always check with you before I post them ?

Or better still, hows about you post your own ratings before having a go at someone elses ?

Village missing an idiot alert chaps !!!!!

you do that

Reading between the lines, I think that he thinks you are a Yam and/or a Grade A Fud.

I'll go with the "Grade A Fud"

like your ratings way off the mark

like your ratings way off the mark
    Your quote makes no sense !