hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Caderwood's top priority......

.....is to achieve what all our recent managers have failed to do.............. establish some sort of credible defence. Even if he more or less ignored midfield and strikers that would satisfy me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    Defensively we are pish poor. And i'm sure once cc gets the defence sorted we can go from strength to strength.

We need a couple of Big bruisers.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

We looked quite positive going forward tonight but it all fell apart with the back 4

Left by mutual consent!
    WE MUST cut out the mistakes at the back as they always cost us goals.. Get rid of them and we have a team....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .....is to achieve what all our recent managers have failed to do.............. establish some sort of credible defence. Even if he more or less ignored midfield and strikers that would satisfy me.
    I agree the defence needs a major overhaul but I don't think we can ignore the attack. We are badly needing someone who can hold the ball up and has a genuine physical presence. Trakys has done alright when he has started but he isn't the solution long term.

We are poor defensively so we need the ball to stick up front more than it is doing and it doesn't help us when the ball is just returned pretty much right away.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I agree the defence needs a major overhaul but I don't think we can ignore the attack. We are badly needing someone who can hold the ball up and has a genuine physical presence. Trakys has done alright when he has started but he isn't the solution long term.

We are poor defensively so we need the ball to stick up front more than it is doing and it doesn't help us when the ball is just returned pretty much right away.
    what he said
    whats Brewster up to these days

Left by mutual consent!
    Disagree the clubs need major surgery in every department, 45mins of ok football means little tonight, 2-2 at home against a rival is a poor result. I agree the defence needs sorted but thats the half of it.

I do not see how that being fixed and we are suddenly ok, we lack creation and dig in the middle and quality options up top. IMO Hibs are more than sorting the defence away from being a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Disagree the clubs need major surgery in every department, 45mins of ok football means little tonight, 2-2 at home against a rival is a poor result. I agree the defence needs sorted but thats the half of it.

I do not see how that being fixed and we are suddenly ok, we lack creation and dig in the middle and quality options up top. IMO Hibs are more than sorting the defence away from being a team.
    It was good to see the fight and commitment in the second half but that shouldn't disguise the overall shambles we were in the first half. One point from two home games against bottom six sides is still relegation form..........

I reckon we need six players: two CBs, a LB, a CM, a LW and a reliable target man up front.

The CBs would preferably be of the British, loud, organizer type. The type who take control and CARE.

I'm bored of us being beaten by smallers teams with much more limited resources who still manage to fasten together hardworking well organized teams who take points off us. We should be capable of getting a team together with these kind of qualities, plus the extra skill needed to beat these teams.

stop the goals going in first would be nice and a good start. We don't know how many players the so called Absolute Perfect budget will allow.

A strong targetman would be nice though.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Im confident a stronger, better passing midfield will give the rest of the team confidence to go about their own jobs more productively.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    A left back. A right back. A keeper. A centre back. Another centre back.

Them's the priorities.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    A left back. A right back. A keeper. A centre back. Another centre back.

Them's the priorities.
    I think 7 or 8 of this team could go, I reckon 7or8 players need signed to go right into team, it has been proved they are simply not good enough to get Hibs into a position thats acceptable. I am unsure CC is the man for such a big task.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by moggie View Post
    Im confident a stronger, better passing midfield will give the rest of the team confidence to go about their own jobs more productively.
    Totally agree. We have for the last three seasons never had the right blend and balance in midfield. We score very few goals from midfield, we are quite slow to get the ball zipped around the pitch, and there are occasions where two go for the same ball time and time again. There are no real "shouters" and leaders in there.

We need a real sitting midfielder (fit and can last 90), in front of the central pairing, a driving goal scoring midfielder who is not afraid to get the foot in too.........and we need some braun......a bruiser ! You can then integrate your Zemmama's, Wotherspoon's, Galbraith's around that.

Tonight we didn't have to rely on Utd getting in behind us or being creative. We actually play ourselves into trouble so unnecessarily at times it makes me weep. The needless back passes to Brown (whose distribution was awful), the failure to lump it anywhere when the time requires just that, the overplaying "side to side" passing at the back when the simple pass is on (forward). I have also never known an SPL club to lose possession at so many throw-in's in our favour.

The effort second half was superb tonight but there is still something missing big time IMHO. It looked at times like 11 individuals and not a team. Wee Galbraith was superb from first til last. Took his chance well to impress and surely must start v Hearts.

I think 7 or 8 of this team could go, I reckon 7or8 players need signed to go right into team, it has been proved they are simply not good enough to get Hibs into a position thats acceptable. I am unsure CC is the man for such a big task.
    Calderwoods record aint great

Northampton Town played 154 won 74

Nottingham Forrest played 136 won 57 finally sacked because he only had
    4 wins in last 25 games.

I'm unsure too.

I can't think who I would be more sure about though.

Csaba Laszlo?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by muirhousehibby View Post

4 wins in last 25 games.
    I think the job IMO is massive so needs far more experience, however perhaps RP etc dont think such a job. I do not see going on his CV what he had to offer that Hughes didnt and by that I am not saying Hughes should stay. I just dont really see the point in appointing a manager like CC.

4 wins in last 25 games.
    He drew 82 games in that time too.

I'm absolutely delighted he's had all that experience before getting the Hibs job.

Coaching Staff

4 wins in last 25 games.
    Yes, but you can spin stats anyway you want to win an argument. Are you saying that the 40 occasions he drew with Northampton and the 42 times with Forest mean he is a poor manager given that when you add those into the mix, his teams were unbeaten in over 100 games out of 140 (on average, both teams)....got them both promoted too with those stats. If memory serves me correctly he also managed Northampton to a defensive record of clean sheets in a season.

4 wins in last 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    He drew 82 games in that time too.

I'm absolutely delighted he's had all that experience before getting the Hibs job.
    As of 17:31, 14 November 2010 (UTC)[15]
    Team Nat From To Record
    P W D L Win %
    Northampton Town 9 October 2003 29 May 2006 154 74 40 40 48.05
    Nottingham Forest 30 May 2006 26 December 2008 136 57 42 37 41.91
    Hibernian 18 October 2010 Incumbent 9 2 1 6 22.22
    Total 299 133 83 83 44.48

I think the job IMO is massive so needs far more experience, however perhaps RP etc dont think such a job. I do not see going on his CV what he had to offer that Hughes didnt and by that I am not saying Hughes should stay. I just dont really see the point in appointing a manager like CC.
    I think i could be that he did sign a few players from lower league teams and to which i give credit to are all still in the championship or top half of league 1.

He seems to know a good player and hopefully he'll get some good signings for us..

I think we always seem to get a manager thats a "gamble" thats the part i've never really understood.

Frank Sauzee
    Tony Mowbray
    John Collins
    Mixu
    Yogi

to name a few...

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Yes, but you can spin stats anyway you want to win an argument. Are you saying that the 40 occasions he drew with Northampton and the 42 times with Forest mean he is a poor manager given that when you add those into the mix, his teams were unbeaten in over 100 games out of 140 (on average, both teams)....got them both promoted too with those stats. If memory serves me correctly he also managed Northampton to a defensive record of clean sheets in a season.
    No argument here to be won and i never quoted he was a poor manager either.

His wins to games played aint great as you can see.

In big leagues with 20 teams etc you can get away with alot of draws.

Only time will tell were he takes us. And as i said every manager we'd had lately has been a gamble by board

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    It was good to see the fight and commitment in the second half but that shouldn't disguise the overall shambles we were in the first half. One point from two home games against bottom six sides is still relegation form..........
    We are still pish poor with major work needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    We are still pish poor with major work needed.
    Hopefully in 2 days or so we'll find out on new arrivals, surely we'll add to the squad.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    What we need is a settled defence.

How many changes has Calderwood made to the defence this season?

A defence needs to work as a unit and you can only become a unit by training and playing as a unit.

If you constantly change the CB pairing, you will never have a settled back line.

Calderwood has to take a huge portion of blame for the utter mess we are in at the back.

Maybe instead of pretending things will get better after the transfer wndow we should simply get down to the basics. An organised defence that was concentrating would not have lost the first goal after only 1.5 minutes last night for example. Bamba's shocking 1st time touch mistake was bad enough, but Dickoh failed to hold the line and by being too far back he played Goodwillie onside. At no time during the game did I notice any real communication in that back four, who is supposed to be in charge of it? Why hasn't Calderwood tackled that, it's not rocket science is it? What do they work on at the training ground? So 4 guys have to stand in a line: it's not that difficult, surely?
    Calderwood , get someone in charge and make sure they move out when required or at least that they hold the line.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Caderwood's top priority is to keep us in the SPL this season

No argument here to be won and i never quoted he was a poor manager either.

His wins to games played aint great as you can see.

In big leagues with 20 teams etc you can get away with alot of draws.

Only time will tell were he takes us. And as i said every manager we'd had lately has been a gamble by board
    Those wins to games ratios you quote are better than Mowbray's was at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    What we need is a settled defence.

How many changes has Calderwood made to the defence this season?

A defence needs to work as a unit and you can only become a unit by training and playing as a unit.

If you constantly change the CB pairing, you will never have a settled back line.

Calderwood has to take a huge portion of blame for the utter mess we are in at the back.
    No doubt a settled defence would help. But, there's no accounting for the number of basic individual error's committed by players.

The fact is, too many of the players are simply not up to it. Time will tell whether CC is up to it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by stubru59 View Post
    No doubt a settled defence would help. But, there's no accounting for the number of basic individual error's committed by players.

The fact is, too many of the players are simply not up to it. Time will tell whether CC is up to it.
    I agree with that. We were a minute into the game when a very basic individual mistake put us behind. the second goal was lost down to an individual not making the tackle properly. I don't know how much calderwood can do to coach a professional how to control a football, tbh.
    It comes down to players. We would have taken much more points this season had it not been for gifting opponents goals and missing penalties and open goals.