hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Deeks on his way out

SSN understands Turkish outfit Eskisehirspor are preparing a January bid for Hibernian striker Derek Riordan. £250k

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...619238,00.html

Not good news but better then the stories that were going around yesterday that he was off to Castle Grayskull.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/9324360.stm

On the bbc aswell, canny see him goin to turkey. And please not ibronx!!!

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    For 250k Hibs will sell and tell Calderwood that he now has Duffy, Byrne and Zouma as replacements.
    Deek would be better speaking to Mikey Stewart who signed for a Turkish team, 'hurt' his ankle and has never set foot again in the country again.. Picks up a fairly hefty weekly wage though!

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    I understand that his contract is coming to a close but 250k is a massive undervaluation! Joke if this was accepted, would rather he left for free at the end of the season as he is our only goalscorer! Can't see him leaving to Turkey but if that is the going price for him then no sale imo!

@hibs.net private member
    There were rumours of bids for him in the summer and he never went anywhere. I hope that it's the same this time and it's purely rumour. It may also come down to what his girkfriend feels about a move to Turkey. With a wee baby she (and maybe him too) may be a bit reluctant spending a long time away her family.

given his contribution on Sunday and the percentage of the wage budget he collects every week I can think of worse things to happen.

Given the torrid time that free transfer from Northampton Scott Vernon gave us on Sunday or the season that Connor Salmon coming from the Irish league is having I think there are more value for money players out there than some of the wage collecting wasters that we currently have!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    £250K, thats going to look good on the balance sheet, either that or we can fill in one of the corners with seats that no one will sit in thereby increasing the value of the assett, Jeez, I am fair excited, maybe we can write it down to tax,or offshore the money or some other financial chicanery whilst the team goes doon the plug hole.

Turkey, nae chance, Deks doen't know where it is - Ibrox, I feel is a prospect.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    given his contribution on Sunday and the percentage of the wage budget he collects every week I can think of worse things to happen.

Given the torrid time that free transfer from Northampton Scott Vernon gave us on Sunday or the season that Connor Salmon coming from the Irish league is having I think there are more value for money players out there than some of the wage collecting wasters that we currently have!
    The problem is that our 'scouts' don't seem to have an eye for a good player these days.

Very unfair to compare Vernon and Sammon to Riordan.
    Put in another way can you imagine how many more goals Derek would score up front with Kyle, Sammon, Vernon or similar instead of asking him to play with Nish or the dud Trakys?

Would not surprise me if Hibs sell our ONLY very good player.

Most other clubs that had a goal machine like him playing for the club he supports, would have had him signed up by now on the best possible wages we could manage + a bit more.

If we lose him, god forbid.

1st division is as exciting as the championship in england, i guess

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Did you not notice that he picked up an injury in the first 10 minutes of that game and hobbled through the rest of the game, he was struggling but the manager took the risk to let him play on.
    But dont let that get in the way of your constant bad mouthing of Deek, injured and still scored, set up Miller and Trakys who both should have scored, and was was unlucky with a volley in the second half that just went past the post.
    What did the other forwards contribute.

Let's get rid of Stokes and Riordan - wow can't wait to see who is going to score goals.

I don't think Deek's would move to Turkey with his gf / kid / family.

Glasgow was a big enough move for the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Put in another way can you imagine how many more goals Derek would score up front with Kyle, Sammon, Vernon or similar instead of asking him to play with Nish or the dud Trakys?
    Why is it unfair, Riordan cost us best part of £500k to bring back to the club and is one of the best paid players in Scotland outside the Infirm.

Both Aberdeen and Killie picked up these players for nothing and they will be on a fraction of the wages Deek picks up and neither of them have the same natural talent. They make up for it with determination and workrate and are seeing the results for it.

I am sick of the rest of the team getting blamed for Riordan wandering about the pitch doing ****** all, sometimes when things aren't going so well you have to roll your sleeves up and get the finger out and be part of a team not just in it for yourself.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Did you not notice that he picked up an injury in the first 10 minutes of that game and hobbled through the rest of the game, he was struggling but the manager took the risk to let him play on.
    But dont let that get in the way of your constant bad mouthing of Deek, injured and still scored, set up Miller and Trakys who both should have scored, and was was unlucky with a volley in the second half that just went past the post.
    And Murray. Strangely enough we got our best result of the season without Riordan but i wouldn't want to see him go. The former Celtic player is important to us.

Coaching Staff
    Never mind that, what is gonna happen to the Easter Road card school if he goes

Why is it unfair, Riordan cost us best part of £500k to bring back to the club and is one of the best paid players in Scotland outside the Infirm.

Both Aberdeen and Killie picked up these players for nothing and they will be on a fraction of the wages Deek picks up and neither of them have the same natural talent. They make up for it with determination and workrate and are seeing the results for it.

I am sick of the rest of the team getting blamed for Riordan wandering about the pitch doing ****** all, sometimes when things aren't going so well you have to roll your sleeves up and get the finger out and be part of a team not just in it for yourself.
    Pish, a team is made up of different styles of players. We have who takes excellent set pieces, scores 15-20 every season, sets up chances and is capable of sheer genius.
    If your asking him to play like Vernon and Sammon then that is a joke and you take away everything that he brings to the team.

Sorry mate, you have always seen my criticism of Riordan as unfair.

What I think is unfair is the biggest waste of natural footballing talent that Scotland has ever produced. He is now in his late 20's and as a striker should be approaching the best period in his career. With the ability this guy has he should be playing in the Premiership or similar but his clear lack of ambition and poor attitude has landed him back at ER.

You dont half talk a load of tom kite, how many goals did Sammon score in the last two seasons before this one, a whopping 4, thats where his hard work got him, yes he is having a good season but he needs to do it every season, not just maybe a one of good season.
    Right now Deek is an inform goal scorer for us, who else do you suggest should be starting ahead of him.

Pish, a team is made up of different styles of players. We have who takes excellent set pieces, scores 15-20 every season, sets up chances and is capable of sheer genius.
    If your asking him to play like Vernon and Sammon then that is a joke and you take away everything that he brings to the team.
    How many points has his sheer genius won for us this season?

Given the situation we are in right now I'd take a Vernon, Sammon, Kyle, Blackman, Rooney in his place any day of the week.

What I think is unfair is the biggest waste of natural footballing talent that Scotland has ever produced. He is now in his late 20's and as a striker should be approaching the best period in his career. With the ability this guy has he should be playing in the Premiership or similar but his clear lack of ambition and poor attitude has landed him back at ER.
    So did you not notice the injury he picked up on Sunday.

You dont half talk a load of tom kite, how many goals did Sammon score in the last two seasons before this one, a whopping 4, thats where his hard work got him, yes he is having a good season but he needs to do it every season, not just maybe a one of good season.
    Right now Deek is an inform goal scorer for us, who else do you suggest should be starting ahead of him.
    Maybe Killie took a chance on a player coming from a lower league and actually had the patience to wait from him to come good and saw that even without scoring he made a valuable contribution to the team when he did play.

Maybe Killie took a chance on a player coming from a lower league and actually had the patience to wait from him to come good and saw that even without scoring he made a valuable contribution to the team when he did play.
    Love it !

lets get rid of one of our best all time goal scorers and replace him with some unknown and wait a couple of years or so until some manager eventually get's a bit form and consistency out of him.
    Class

So did you not notice the injury he picked up on Sunday.
    It only seemed to affect him when he didn't have the ball....I like a wee limp to myself when I can't be bothered either.

@hibs.net private member
    I didn't notice any injury. He did go over to the touchline and get a new pair of studs in the first 10 minutes.

Hibs should have had this sorted out. Riordan ought to be given a new contract at ER simple as that. £250k is a joke to accept.

If on the other hand Hibs have offered him a very good deal, but Derek has decided to move on then fair enough and thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Love it !

lets get rid of one of our best all time goal scorers and replace him with some unknown and wait a couple of years or so until some manager eventually get's a bit form and consistency out of him.
    Class
    That will be some unknown like Dean Shiels, David Murphy, Ivan Sproule, Beuzelin, Zemmama etc.

These guys are only unknown to us because we don't see them and they play in leagues that are not discussed in our media.

Also I have not suggested for a second that we get rid of him, I just don't think he gives enough to the team effort to be first choice every week. I am hopeful that Duffy and Zemmama and maybe a couple of new signings will improve the strength of the squad and definitely then I don't want to see us creating room for him, we can't afford luxury players right now.
    Last edited by Franck is God; 28-12-2010 at 01:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

WTF are you on about? The greatest waste of natural talent my arse. He's good, SPL good. He'd fail in the English Premiership. He's a lightweight forward/wide player, who has a great eye for a goal in the SPL. No English premier league club would play him, the struggling ones want more graft than he offers, and the good ones would want better.

He's a good player, but lets not make him out to be the next Dalgliesh.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Dud Trakys? I didnt realise as a group of fans we had made a decision on him yet. Here was me thinking he'd been alright the last few times he has played.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Dud Trakys? I didnt realise as a group of fans we had made a decision on him yet. Here was me thinking he'd been alright the last few times he has played.
    He did play poorly on Sunday......did you not realise that unless you have cult status amongst the fans then you're not allowed a poor game or make a mistake.

He did play poorly on Sunday......did you not realise that unless you have cult status amongst the fans then you're not allowed a poor game or make a mistake.
    You are just being silly now.