hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

REAL Hibs fans would protest if we lose to utd. on Wednesday (which we will)

I have had enough. I love this club so will be there on Wednesday, but;

-Petrie has to show some commitment and ambition to run a CLUB not just a business.
    - There isn't a player on the park who gives a damn about this club, as long as they get their wages at the end of the month (Deek perhaps is different but is starting to get fed up as he can't do it all on his own).
    - I have coached teams for 20+years and there are NO tactics in the way CC sets his team out no player knows what they are meant to be doing and what is happening around them - you can see this in the way they are looking at the bench for help.
    - Watching hibs this year is embarrassing - we look like a bunch of part time players - aged 13 / 14 - clueless.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNLESS PETRIE SHOWS SOME DESIRE - and that wont happen unless there is real pressure from fans.

SO - I am gonna put it out there - if hibs dont win on wednesday - EVERY fan at the match heads to the back of the main stand and Protest for change.

(RANT OVER)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'm a counterfeit fan and have been for 40 years.

I'll wait until the manager has brought a few of his own players in before I make any judgements.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

What defines "a real Hibs fan" ?

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

-Petrie has to show some commitment and ambition to run a CLUB not just a business.
    - There isn't a player on the park who gives a damn about this club, as long as they get their wages at the end of the month (Deek perhaps is different but is starting to get fed up as he can't do it all on his own).
    - I have coached teams for 20+years and there are NO tactics in the way CC sets his team out no player knows what they are meant to be doing and what is happening around them - you can see this in the way they are looking at the bench for help.
    - Watching hibs this year is embarrassing - we look like a bunch of part time players - aged 13 / 14 - clueless.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNLESS PETRIE SHOWS SOME DESIRE - and that wont happen unless there is real pressure from fans.

SO - I am gonna put it out there - if hibs dont win on wednesday - EVERY fan at the match heads to the back of the main stand and Protest for change.

(RANT OVER)
    Do't agree - but well done, no doubt this will be on the Jambo's site in 10 minutes....

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

(RANT OVER)
    Take a book to read.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    CAPITAL LETTERS
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar

(RANT OVER)
    I'll believe you are serious when i see you pitching your tent. Real fans don't have meally mouthed protests, they hold vigils untill something is really achieved or it gets a bit cold,whichever comes first. In fact the very threat of this sort of action will surely galvanise the team and have us heading up the league like a rat up a drainpipe. :notworthy:

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I'm a counterfeit fan and have been for 40 years.

I'll wait until the manager has brought a few of his own players in before I make any judgements.

Yogi'll tell ye - I think you've to be in the 5% club
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 27-12-2010 at 11:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

(RANT OVER)
    Agree with most of this, and if it wasn't that I want to test Calderwoods mettle by seeing who he ditches and replaces, and how quickly I might just be burning my underpants at the back of the stand with you when Utd turn us over.

I worked out that you were 6 years old when you started coaching - can you remember anything tactical from then that you might want to pass on to our current squad? Maybe they will identify with it

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar

(RANT OVER)
    Dearie me.

(RANT OVER)

A real fan is someone who goes every week but is willing to boo the team off the park when they perform in the way they did yesterday. Most of the people at ER aren't prepared to do that because to them the club is 'untouchable'... well I am afraid I care too much to stand back and watch - some people in the Main stand were even prepared to clap them off at the end yesterday!

WE are the worst team in this division and really have been for a while. We will get gubbed at the pink bus shelter - but I will still be there - how many people in the east stand yesterday can say that?!

Maybe after hearts beat us 4,5,6 or dare I say it 7-0 on Sunday... then more people will be angry like me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

I worked out that you were 6 years old when you started coaching - can you remember anything tactical from then that you might want to pass on to our current squad? Maybe they will identify with it
    I wish I was that young! but with a son of 16 myself, I can assure you that I am a lot older than that!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    A real fan is someone who goes every week but is willing to boo the team off the park when they perform in the way they did yesterday. Most of the people at ER aren't prepared to do that because to them the club is 'untouchable'... well I am afraid I care too much to stand back and watch - some people in the Main stand were even prepared to clap them off at the end yesterday!

WE are the worst team in this division and really have been for a while. We will get gubbed at the pink bus shelter - but I will still be there - how many people in the east stand yesterday can say that?!

Maybe after hearts beat us 4,5,6 or dare I say it 7-0 on Sunday... then more people will be angry like me!
    You're only a real fan if you boo! Priceless.

A real parent is one who cares enough to beat his children.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Here we go again with the real Hibs fan rubbish

Will you lead us lesser mortals to the promised land?
    (Apologies for not genuflecting as I typed this, I am unworthy if being on the same messageboard as genuine fans. )
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    CAPITAL LETTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    You're only a real fan if you boo! Priceless.

A real parent is one who cares enough to beat his children.
    A real fan is one who cares enough to beat his children, while he's booing.

A real fan is one who lies about his age on Hibs.net.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    one that stands outside mumping and moaning at 10pm after another loss of course i will however wait and see what january brings and make my call (rod will be sitting worried about that im sure). Ps to the op what if its a draw ? does that mean anythings changed ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

First Team Breakthrough martin63's Avatar
    The one thing I hate more than anything is someone dictating to me what I should do.
    Obviousle I am not a 'real fan' as I have no intention (win or loose) of going anywhere near the main stand to start a protest.
    My interpretation of a 'real fan' was someone who stuck by their team through thick or thin and gave them all the support they could.
    Yes things are bad at the moment but why start this before the transfer window? Surely a 'real fan' would wait and see the outcome. I suppose we could always pay off the players we feel are not 'hibs class' and leave nothing in the kitty for new signings, or, we can see who can be brought in and keep the so called dross until their contracts expire ,which would cost less, and start the rebuild in earnest during the close season.
    In the meantime as a 'not real fan' I will decide what I want to do thank you very much.

It's a funny old game and I for one wouldn't be surprised if we got a result on Wednesday after the dire game yesterday. I'll be interested to see how Rankin does; whether he shrinks because of his mistake yesterday or takes it as a challenge to show that he is better than that.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    I'm actually a better fan than most of the people on this board.

all goes to prove my point really doesn't it!

I can sympathise with the OP.

Hibs were so bad yesterday that I even stopped watching to reply to texts I was getting and I never do that during a game.

I am in the camp that CC should get at least 2 seasons to show what he can do, but I have to say that up to now he is certainly proving that he cant motivate this useless shower into at least showing some bloody fight !!!

As for at least getting them organized .......... No sign of that either.

We were for the most part out fought and out played by probably the worst team in the SPL yesterday. If Hamilton find a bit of form we will be heading for another 1st division adventure.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    still finding it a bit hard to swallow CC is getting the blame for this, that team was assembled by hughes, couldnt pass the ball under hughes didnt look like they played the game before under hughes and its the same now! CC isnt a miracle worker if they players are'nt bright enough to understand there job its hardly his fault, as for petrie he's backed every manager thats been employed most of who we all screamed for to b appointed hardly his fault they brought mediocre players to the club!

Finally we appoint a manager who has experience and managed at a decent level and we shoot him down before he's even signed a player! Only at hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    I'm actually a better fan than most of the people on this board.
    I'm glad you said most there

Erm..................how?

Which one?

That no-one on here is a real fan?

That you lie about your age?

That I beat my kids?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quite a few showing their dismay at the way things are by not attending games.

This is the only way the guys in suits understand because it hurts them were it counts. No not the pockets but the EGO

When the balance sheets don't look so rosie, that's when the tache will ***** himself.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Which one?

That no-one on here is a real fan?

That you lie about your age?

That I beat my kids?

And what if its a draw ? im looking out some hats for us to kick about what kind of hats would be appropriate ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run