hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please tell me rumors are not true about Hogg and Rankin

Please tell me these two have not been offered new deals. Anyone in the know? if this is true I am going to drink myself to sleep tonight and hopefully wake up to find it was all a bad dream

2. Log in to remove the advert

Best not to fret about it until the club confirms that it's true.

We've got enough to concern us without getting wound up by spurious rumours.

It would push me over the edge and if they two are at Easter Road next season then two season tickets would unlikely to be renewed. Then again first division players would be playing at their true level.

Quote Originally Posted by fife hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would push me over the edge and if they two are at Easter Road next season then two season tickets would unlikely to be renewed. Then again first division players would be playing at their true level.
    I think you will find more than just a few agreeing with you ,friend.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    The only player out of contract at the end of the season who should be offered a new contract is Riordan, the rest should be punted.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ok....I'll tell you.....it's not true.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Best not to fret about it until the club confirms that it's true.
    'the club' saw fit NOT to inform us(for several months) that mowbray had given Zibi a very lengthy contract extension(as mowbrays going away present for us)

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    Ok....I'll tell you.....it's not true.
    Please tell me these rumours I'm hearing about them not signing are true

Wonder if RP will ask the fans to back CC
    by buying new season tickets in the summer
    If either of these imposters get a new deal
    no season ticket for me

Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    Wonder if RP will ask the fans to back CC
    by buying new season tickets in the summer
    If either of these imposters get a new deal
    no season ticket for me

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What rumours?

Left by mutual consent!
    My decision tae renew was up in the air but if this is the sort of player we're intent on signing/re-signing then that's nailed it for me, not a chance I'm throwing away hundreds of pound on these huddies.

Can't add to those sentiments. The cinema beckons for me, because if that pair are resigned, then Calderwood and Petrie ain't got what it takes to make us better, and we're pretty dire as it stands.

Left by mutual consent!
    Think about it, lots of players going out of contract, new manager in, shocking performances from the full squad bar a couple, near bottom of league and approx 1/4 of a season to get respectability attained. Is he likely to offer 2 of the 5 hotpicks for a P45 a new deal TO KEEP THEM at the club? An emphatic no

He will try to generate some incoming funds though, so it makes sense to offer a derisory contract TO HELP THEM LEAVE the club. That way any clubs mad enough to want these two can make a low, soon to be a Bosman bid.

I'd suggest almost any bid will be accepted in order to clear them off.

Don't just listen to the odd snippet of info you hear without thinking it through from CC's point of view.

Hogg was caught wrong side yesterday at the first goal and almost gifted a second while Rankin couldn't use his left foot a couple of times and gave the second goal away with really woeful play. I thought they were our weakest links yesterday but Rankin was involved in the lead up to our goal. Despite that I think we should let both go, if we can find better. Is Darren Barr better than Chris Hogg?

It was said a few weeks ago that CC was in talks with one or two of the players.

To think he meant those two just doesn't bear thinking about.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Hogg was caught wrong side yesterday at the first goal and almost gifted a second while Rankin couldn't use his left foot a couple of times and gave the second goal away with really woeful play. I thought they were our weakest links yesterday but Rankin was involved in the lead up to our goal. Despite that I think we should let both go, if we can find better. Is Darren Barr better than Chris Hogg?
    We could find worse?

Rankin as a reserve player maybe hog I a hibs tracksuit no thanks

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Can't add to those sentiments. The cinema beckons for me, because if that pair are resigned, then Calderwood and Petrie ain't got what it takes to make us better, and we're pretty dire as it stands.
    I suspect that a lot of die hard fans are now beginning to think like you Bob and I, as a long standing fan am even considering giving up the excellent seat I have spent years working my way around to on the half way line in the West as I will not continue to go and watch guys in Hibs strips turning out and showing virtually nothing by way of will to win, commitment (both physical and mental), fitness, energy, decent skill levels, teamwork!

Yesterday was disappointing to say the least in that we gifted them goals, almost gifted them other had it not been for Mark Brown, particularly at the start of the second half!

I play competitive sport and sometimes you just get beaten by a better player and there isn't a great deal that you can do about that! However, our guys, one or two excepted, just haven't grasped this "theory" that when you (individually and as a team) are struggling, you need to dig very deep into your physical and mental strengths and resources to pull you performance levels up to one which lets you compete with your sometimes superior (skill wise) opponents!

Indeed, against most of the teams in the SPL, such effort and commitment would be enough to secure 3 points most weeks but we are not seeing that and CC must shoulder some responsibility as its amongst hist tasks to ensure that ALL players deliver at least that whilst they might be struggling to find their best form!

I love Hibs and have supported them since I was a kid getting "lifted over" the trunstile by my Dad who is still a ST ticket holder beside me although nearly 90 years old now!

However, there comes a point where you get pushed to considering the horrible prospect of doing something else on match days and I suspect that more than a few of us are getting to that point now!

Thoughts?

@hibs.net private member
    On another thread on here someone said Rankin was looking down south as he wants financial stability. Maybe if he has been offered a new contract it's only a 1 year deal and maybe he will move on anyway.
    As for the 2nd goal yesterday, we can't put the blae down to Rankin solely. He ended up at LB with no support, where was Grounds? When he was stuck in the corner on his own with 2 Aberdeen players, why did no Hibs player go forward to him and at least try and help him.
    As for the 1st, for once I feel like I can't defend Hogg. I wil normally defend every Hibs player to the end, but I can't defend Hogg for once. I'm not going to slag him off, but I can't defend based on that.
    I now have to concede that Hoggs' time is up at Hibs, and Rankins' too. Feel sorry for the guys as people, but if they are to stay, they need to improve greatly.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    Please tell me these two have not been offered new deals. Anyone in the know? if this is true I am going to drink myself to sleep tonight and hopefully wake up to find it was all a bad dream
    OK, it's not true.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    OK, it's not true.
    Yahoo! I feel better already, thats it all sorted, can you please tell me that Sol Bamba is Loyal, Deeks is definitely staying, Nish is going to finish the season as top scorer in the SPL and that the recession is over.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    I suspect that a lot of die hard fans are now beginning to think like you Bob and I, as a long standing fan am even considering giving up the excellent seat I have spent years working my way around to on the half way line in the West as I will not continue to go and watch guys in Hibs strips turning out and showing virtually nothing by way of will to win, commitment (both physical and mental), fitness, energy, decent skill levels, teamwork!

Yesterday was disappointing to say the least in that we gifted them goals, almost gifted them other had it not been for Mark Brown, particularly at the start of the second half!

I play competitive sport and sometimes you just get beaten by a better player and there isn't a great deal that you can do about that! However, our guys, one or two excepted, just haven't grasped this "theory" that when you (individually and as a team) are struggling, you need to dig very deep into your physical and mental strengths and resources to pull you performance levels up to one which lets you compete with your sometimes superior (skill wise) opponents!

Indeed, against most of the teams in the SPL, such effort and commitment would be enough to secure 3 points most weeks but we are not seeing that and CC must shoulder some responsibility as its amongst hist tasks to ensure that ALL players deliver at least that whilst they might be struggling to find their best form!

I love Hibs and have supported them since I was a kid getting "lifted over" the trunstile by my Dad who is still a ST ticket holder beside me although nearly 90 years old now!

However, there comes a point where you get pushed to considering the horrible prospect of doing something else on match days and I suspect that more than a few of us are getting to that point now!

Thoughts?
    Good post

I suspect quite a few reached that point quite a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    On another thread on here someone said Rankin was looking down south as he wants financial stability. Maybe if he has been offered a new contract it's only a 1 year deal and maybe he will move on anyway.
    As for the 2nd goal yesterday, we can't put the blae down to Rankin solely. He ended up at LB with no support, where was Grounds? When he was stuck in the corner on his own with 2 Aberdeen players, why did no Hibs player go forward to him and at least try and help him.
    As for the 1st, for once I feel like I can't defend Hogg. I wil normally defend every Hibs player to the end, but I can't defend Hogg for once. I'm not going to slag him off, but I can't defend based on that.
    I now have to concede that Hoggs' time is up at Hibs, and Rankins' too. Feel sorry for the guys as people, but if they are to stay, they need to improve greatly.
    yes their time is up so if they wont go ...........empty them

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN SKYE View Post
    Good post

I suspect quite a few reached that point quite a while ago.
    I haven't got a ST to cancel or burn but I happily make 15 - 20 trips a year following Hibs and it ain't cheap, and takes a fair bit of my and my friends time up, I have followed us through some pretty dire times but there was always a bit of effort or money reasons for our mediocriy, this time we seem to have got an unfortunate coincidental meeting of bad morale / culture and some players who aren't that bothered about Hibs / are not up to even SPL level , and after yesterday, in the short term I can see myself not going until I feel this situation is being addressed, I will definitely give CC a chance post January window, pathetic I know but its my form of protest as I don't feel theres any point in taking to the streets yet.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post

As for the 1st, for once I feel like 'I can't defend' Hogg. I wil normally defend every Hibs player to the end, but I can't defend Hogg for once. I'm not going to slag him off, but I can't defend based on that.
    Perhaps we should have the club shop add these letters onto the back of his strip.

I think Hogg is a decent player who has lost his confidence big time the captains role has maybe caused this

Unf i dont get to games as much this season so i cant say how he has been performing but as a team its shocking going by results and reports of late

I like Hogg hope he can get his confidence back CC knows what is required and maybe hogg is part of his plans

Yogis team faded badly after a promising start that period is over Lets get behind team and head for glory :notworthy:

Frankly, it's up to CC, if he thinks these two benefit the team as a whole, then that's that.

Bare in mind, we have what, 14, 15, 16 players out of contract in the summer? That's a hell of a lot to find in one go at a required level of quality. If CC thinks keeping Hogg and Rankin around will make his job finding new players in the summer easier then I'm happy with his decision.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Frankly, it's up to CC, if he thinks these two benefit the team as a whole, then that's that.

Bare in mind, we have what, 14, 15, 16 players out of contract in the summer? That's a hell of a lot to find in one go at a required level of quality. If CC thinks keeping Hogg and Rankin around will make his job finding new players in the summer easier then I'm happy with his decision.
    that is true but its not impossible, even if there are problems gelling a whole team together they would score at least 3 against the shower of ***** we have pretending to be professional footballers

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post

Thoughts?
    You should be ashamed of yourself, just going to let your old boy gonna go on his own at his age.

You talk about playing sport and having to be mentally and physically tough (which you are 100% correct btw), well you could apply the same to fans.

Like you my old boy used to lift me over the turnstiles, I wish he was here now so that I could sit with him.