hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar

Rammy in the away end

Anyone have a clue what went on in the Aberdeen end, looked like a full on scrap between a steward and fan. Provided a few minutes entertainment from the eyesore on the park.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone have a clue what went on in the Aberdeen end, looked like a full on scrap between a steward and fan. Provided a few minutes entertainment from the eyesore on the park.
    Attempt to remove a flag from a fan is what it looked like on TV. Someone on the match update thread said that the Aberdeen fans had a couple of Dons supporters club flags which were apparently fine, but some boy had hassle displaying a "No to 10 team SPL" flag.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post

Was indeed the highlight of the afternoon for me.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    I think it was more to do with the Aberdeen fans standing up.

Complete over reaction again from Stewards and then Police. Seemed to me that their heavy handiedness caused the issue.

Talk about starting a rammy in an empty house

There was a long thread after an ICT home game about the cowardly and inept police and steward behaviout at ER which precipitates that sort of behaviour. Aberdeen fans were the ones to be victimised by those bullying fools this time. Some of them, to their credit, didn't take it lying down.

I didn't think it was caused by people standing up to be honest. There were loads of Aberdeen fans standing up today, even after that incident, and they weren't challenged by police or stewards.

It certainly didn't appear to be the same sort of situation that Inverness' fans had to put up with a few months back, which was disgraceful.

If I'm wrong then I take it all back.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    I think it was more to do with the Aberdeen fans standing up.
    Complete over reaction again from Stewards and then Police. Seemed to me that their heavy handiedness caused the issue.

Talk about starting a rammy in an empty house
    Ah dunno mate ..i was in the East today & stood the whole game (my back ****ing hurts ..) & i never saw one single Steward bother anyone..we were allowed tae get on wi it ..

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    I was surprised how empty the away end was today. Even though Aberdeen are pish just now I'd have thought that because a) they would be confident against us and b) most of their support comes from the central belt, that the south would have been almost full.

First Team Breakthrough jackhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jackhfc PSN ID: rajpuss
    Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    I was surprised how empty the away end was today. Even though Aberdeen are pish just now I'd have thought that because a) they would be confident against us and b) most of their support comes from the central belt, that the south would have been almost full.
    I personally thought they had a pretty decent support, if the game today was at Pittodrie I highly doubt we would have taken as many up as they did today.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhfc View Post
    I personally thought they had a pretty decent support, if the game today was at Pittodrie I highly doubt we would have taken as many up as they did today.
    I was just comparing to how many they normally bring.

First Team Breakthrough jackhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jackhfc PSN ID: rajpuss
    Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    I was just comparing to how many they normally bring.
    Fair do's

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Attempt to remove a flag from a fan is what it looked like on TV. Someone on the match update thread said that the Aberdeen fans had a couple of Dons supporters club flags which were apparently fine, but some boy had hassle displaying a "No to 10 team SPL" flag.
    I wondered about that during the game as the "No to 10" flag disappeared after the fracas. If that's what it was about then the question is who initiated the stewards' action to suppress free speech.

If it was caused by the presence of that banner then someone should come out and explain themselves and tell us why people aren't allowed to display a banner that was completely inoffensive to anybody.

It surely couldn't have been for that.

it's fairly simple, if the stewards & police ask you to do something you do it. You can then complain afterwards to the club if you don't agree with what you were asked to do. The stewards are only enforcing the rules they are asked to enforce by the club. What it looked like today was some aberdeen fans decided it was their place to try & fight the stewards & police who asked them to do something, all hell then broke loose.
    If people think the ER security are heavy handed they should try going somewhere like ibrox, you can get away with murder at ER compared to the likes of there.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    It was defo something to do with the 'No to 10' banner....which shows why this league is ****** and we're living in a country afraid to let people speak their mind...

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    I wondered about that during the game as the "No to 10" flag disappeared after the fracas. If that's what it was about then the question is who initiated the stewards' action to suppress free speech.
    That seems to be what caused it from what I could see. Absolutely scandalous if this was the case though. Disgraceful if the instruction came from Hibs to remove said banner.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
    it's fairly simple, if the stewards & police ask you to do something you do it. You can then complain afterwards to the club if you don't agree with what you were asked to do. The stewards are only enforcing the rules they are asked to enforce by the club. What it looked like today was some aberdeen fans decided it was their place to try & fight the stewards & police who asked them to do something, all hell then broke loose.
    If people think the ER security are heavy handed they should try going somewhere like ibrox, you can get away with murder at ER compared to the likes of there.
    Britain is supposed to be about free speech....if fans aren't allowed a banner (and to me, it looked like it was about the banner) stating their preference of what they don't want then its a pish

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    According to an Aberdeen forum, it was because some guys were smoking behind/underneath their flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvino View Post
    According to an Aberdeen forum, it was because some guys were smoking behind/underneath their flag.
    That makes more sense.

I really didn't think it would be about the banner and as I've already said, it didn't appear as if the police or stewards were remotely bothered by people standing up.

Pretty sad that somebody can get so upset after being caught doing something that they know is against the law. I thought the police officers were going to get their batons out at one point.

Ah, so it was no to a 10-team SPL, but yes to a 10-deck of Lambert & Butler.

The steward I spoke to said it started off because a few guys were smoking and asked to stop, they refused and were asked to leave, before being forced to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post
    Britain is supposed to be about free speech....if fans aren't allowed a banner (and to me, it looked like it was about the banner) stating their preference of what they don't want then its a pish
    They should have told the old bill they were muslims then they would have been to put any old pish on their banner safe in the knowledge it wouldnt be taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    There was a long thread after an ICT home game about the cowardly and inept police and steward behaviout at ER which precipitates that sort of behaviour. Aberdeen fans were the ones to be victimised by those bullying fools this time. Some of them, to their credit, didn't take it lying down.
    I think if you go back to the ICT thread you'll see in the email reply that the police and stewards acted quite reasonably as it would appear they have done on this occasion too.

chasing the Dragon more like

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Hopefully the steward is feeling sore. Jobsworth fuds the lot of them. They stick a luminous coat on and think they're the Police. You're not the Police, you're an inept twat on the minimum wage. Stewards at the majority of stadiums are a shower of ********s.

@hibs.net private member
    What bugs me is that they do hee haw when the old firm fans are at ER and those maggots are the ones that actually justify being lifted

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

This has been going on at ER for years now and part of the reason I stopped going (until yesterday ) as I've said in previous posts the feeling of being treated like a small child at ER prevails, being told to sit down after getting a bit over excited at a football match is pathetic, and to take a completeley innofensive banner from a supporter sums up the stewarding at ER, do they do this at any other ground in Scotland?...I think not

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    They should have told the old bill they were muslims then they would have been to put any old pish on their banner safe in the knowledge it wouldnt be taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Hopefully the steward is feeling sore. Jobsworth fuds the lot of them. They stick a luminous coat on and think they're the Police. You're not the Police, you're an inept twat on the minimum wage. Stewards at the majority of stadiums are a shower of ********s.
    Or ordinary guys doing a crappy job knowing they will get little thanks for it? Some of the verbal guff I have heard Hibs fans throwing at stewards this season has been unacceptable. It's not the stewards who make the rules is it?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post

You do have to wonder, but I will say this the Hibs board are one of the main backers for this 10 team league that is something that grates me big time. So maybe the Tache sent his henchmen in to quell the enemy!

Petrie and co obviously want to keep us playing the infirm 4 times each, because they think that us fans will keep turning up in our droves too see our team get pumped by two teams filled with our ex-players, that and the money they make from the unwashed minions descending upon us too!
    They are obviously skeptical that we would turn up in greater numbers, if we where to play more teams of which we actually had a greater chance of beating, or maybe they aren't look what happened the last time we where in the 1st!