hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

There is only one man to blame

And that is Rod , he has systematically sold anything that moves at ER and replaced them with dross , he is is at the heart of our demise from the point we were at a few years ago to being on the edge of relegation. His handling of the footballing side of our club is frankly appalling and if he were in the real business world he would have got his jotters a long time ago. I think it is time for Sir Tom to have a quiet word in his ear and tell him his time is up , no doubt he will have his supporters on here but just look logically at the decisions he has made and all the failed appointments, How much has that cost us in the past few years ?.
    If we go down this season then we may find it very difficult to bounce back, fancy our chances against any team right now ?. The sad point of all this is that many fans are starting to turn their back on the club and i think you will see a big drop in the crowds fron now on, lose them and some will stay away forever.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that is Rod , he has systematically sold anything that moves at ER and replaced them with dross , he is is at the heart of our demise from the point we were at a few years ago to being on the edge of relegation. His handling of the footballing side of our club is frankly appalling and if he were in the real business world he would have got his jotters a long time ago. I think it is time for Sir Tom to have a quiet word in his ear and tell him his time is up , no doubt he will have his supporters on here but just look logically at the decisions he has made and all the failed appointments, How much has that cost us in the past few years ?.
    If we go down this season then we may find it very difficult to bounce back, fancy our chances against any team right now ?. The sad point of all this is that many fans are starting to turn their back on the club and i think you will see a big drop in the crowds fron now on, lose them and some will stay away forever.

he is happy to invest in the training ground, and we have the best stadium in scotland outwith the old firm - yet he wont invest in the team.

we are in a relegation battle now -and what CC and the board do in the next 2 weeks is vital. i dont want players in on 31st jan - we need them signed up in the 1st week of jan.

we are dire and this team at the moment are struggling to keep us in the SPL.

i cant see where our next win will come from.
    good balance sheets are great but div 1 football will have dire consequences.

SPLASH THE CASH NOW!!!!

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    Got to agree with you both guys. People a pished off and are blaming cc and the players. firstly cc never signed them his hands are tied for now but hopefully things will change in jan.

We are hibs ffs not man u , barcalona or madrid it's the spl but we should be getting better players in and on better wages.

I think booing the team is wrong. it's petrie everyone should be targeting he signs the managers and we've had to many lately which is why there's no continuity.

Having no debt is one thing but everyone who buys a season ticket pays it to watch a good game of football, not to make sure the books are staying balanced.

CC i feel for him, he's got his work cut out in january to turn this around. And thats if Petrie allows him to go into the tranfer market...

And from what i've been told tonight since i got home is true about hibs there's going to be even more serious moaning in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by muirhousehibby View Post
    Got to agree with you both guys. People a pished off and are blaming cc and the players. firstly cc never signed them his hands are tied for now but hopefully things will change in jan.

We are hibs ffs not man u , barcalona or madrid it's the spl but we should be getting better players in and on better wages.

I think booing the team is wrong. it's petrie everyone should be targeting he signs the managers and we've had to many lately which is why there's no continuity.

Having no debt is one thing but everyone who buys a season ticket pays it to watch a good game of football, not to make sure the books are staying balanced.

CC i feel for him, he's got his work cut out in january to turn this around. And thats if Petrie allows him to go into the tranfer market...

And from what i've been told tonight since i got home is true about hibs there's going to be even more serious moaning in the next few days.
    Care to elaborate please ?

c'mon dont tell us half a story - what's happening??

if its riordan not signing a contract then crowds will dwindle even more.

however i have a hunch that the board will spend serious cash in jan...they must realise that if we dont, this pile of dross wont have the fight for a relegation battle and we could go down.

hibs can ****** off!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Rods fault?? Strange one to me if im honest, i wouldnt say im rods biggest fan but anyone can see its hardly his fault, here are my reasons.
    Yes he's ok'd the deals for our most talented players to leave but he's got top dollar for the majority, how many times have u seen players come through the system then leave for nothing? Thats of no benefit to us, secondly where once we were 15mill in debt training in whatever public park was playable and playing in a half finshed stadium we now have a crackin wee ground state of the art training facillities and are not a kick in the erse of being debt free. On feild he's gets critized for the players on show! Quite stunning as all he has done is back the managers who wanted these player, if he doesnt back the manager he puts in charge he gets it in the neck, as for his appointments well im sure some would agree that what he done wrong was listen to us coz we all wanted jc mixu and yogi unfortunatley it went wrong on those occasions but we're as much to blame as him.
    I have every faith cc will add to the squad in jan and we'l stay in the league and then cc will begin to re build from the summer, and rod will back him as much as possible.

Why post if you're not gonna say? People like you do my nut in.

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Why post if you're not gonna say? People like you do my nut in.
    2 players that have been getting alot of stick on here recently are rumoured to be asked again to re-sign by calderwood. Staff member i know mentioned people inside easter road were talking about it today before the game...

2 players that have been getting alot of stick on here recently are rumoured to be asked again to re-sign by calderwood. Staff member i know mentioned people inside easter road were talking about it today before the game...
    I know the very two players you are on about...... This board will go into meltdown if correct.....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Could those 2 players be Nish and Rankin?

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I know the very two players you are on about...... This board will go into meltdown if correct.....
    Its already in meltdown - doesn't take a genius to work out who we're talkin about.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I've not heard about any players recently being offered new deals bar one who has actually signed a four and a half year extension. Hibs have not seen fit to announce it for whatever reason so I won't identify the player before anyone asks.

I know Hogg was offered an extension around last November but never signed it, I'm not 100% sure on these things but could it still be on the table?

Players tend to keep contract negotiations close to their chest so I don't know how much of this is true.

FWIW I believe Rankin wants to play in England, I suppose signing for Berwick would technically satisfy his needs.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I've not heard about any players recently being offered new deals bar one who has actually signed a four and a half year extension. Hibs have not seen fit to announce it for whatever reason so I won't identify the player before anyone asks.

I know Hogg was offered an extension around last November but never signed it, I'm not 100% sure on these things but could it still be on the table?

Players tend to keep contract negotiations close to their chest so I don't know how much of this is true.

FWIW I believe Rankin wants to play in England, I suppose signing for Berwick would technically satisfy his needs.
    Its certainly his level

FWIW I believe Rankin wants to play in England, I suppose signing for Berwick would technically satisfy his needs.[/QUOTE]

I'll give him a run down in my car if he wants. If these rumours are true re Rankin & Nish, then I really wonder if Petrie and Lindsay have any sense of irony at all.

Either that, then they maybe don't give a stuff about the Hibs support.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by new malkyhib View Post
    I'll give him a run down in my car if he wants. If these rumours are true re Rankin & Nish, then I really wonder if Petrie and Lindsay have any sense of irony at all.

Either that, then they maybe don't give a stuff about the Hibs support.[/QUOTE]

He is so fit he will simply run down, no need for a lift.

If Hibs re-sign Nish and Rankin crowds will be down to the 7k mark before the end of the season.

Would never have believed it possible. Definitely down to Petrie.

Quote Originally Posted by sKipper View Post
    If Hibs re-sign Nish and Rankin crowds will be down to the 7k mark before the end of the season.

Would never have believed it possible. Definitely down to Petrie.
    What complete b***ocks.

You honestly think Petrie would force players on to the manager that he didn't want? That makes perfect financial sense doesn't it.

If anyone gets a new deal it will be because CC wants them, and it's his job to do that. End of.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    What complete b***ocks.

You honestly think Petrie would force players on to the manager that he didn't want? That makes perfect financial sense doesn't it.

If anyone gets a new deal it will be because CC wants them, and it's his job to do that. End of.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I'm on the fence on this one. RP and co have on one hand stabilised the club financially and achieved the training facilities and stadium but have perhaps underestimated the real cost of this in terms of signing and to a degree being able to keep quality players and more importantly continuing to be a top 6 side rather than the relegation material we currently seem to be. We've only lost 2 first team players (and a long term injury) from last season's squad which had potential - so what has gone so wrong?

The aim for this season must now be survival and at a push, top 6 and a cup run / win! Then next season rebuild. GGTTH

What complete b***ocks.

What complete b***ocks.

Eh ? Are you that simple ?

Pertrie sets the budget and these players are the level we are limited to. FFS

to say its not cc's fault is ball locks, he inherited a so-called bunch of losers and wage thiefs etc etc, these same losers, wage thiefs were flying high at this very point last year, if the problem is attitude then that is the MANAGERS JOB. It's been proved these players can do a job and if he cant get them to play then that's his fault.

Don't get me wrong i see where the op is coming from and totally agree the team needs investment but cc cannot be blameless for this

Quote Originally Posted by sKipper View Post
    Eh ? Are you that simple ?

Pertrie sets the budget and these players are the level we are limited to. FFS
    Petrie doesn't pick what players we sign, he doesn't wander around East Mains handing out contract extensions to players without asking the manager, which was what was being suggested, maybe your the 'simple' one if you didn't bother reading that bit.

Petrie sets the budgets. The manager finds players. Done.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We spend more on players than all but 3 SPL clubs AFAIK.

The team we see on the pitch is a result of several poor signings by successive managers, who have almost entirely been able to miss the sort of deals that other SPL clubs on lower budgets have been able to find.

Mowbray generally bought well on a much lower budget than Collins, Mixu, and Yogi were afforded.

IMHO, the board have to do more in January than they've done previously or we are in serious danger of going down. They need to do whatever Calderwood wants with the squad, then prove their value by finding a way to fund it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Petrie doesn't pick what players we sign, he doesn't wander around East Mains handing out contract extensions to players without asking the manager, which was what was being suggested, maybe your the 'simple' one if you didn't bother reading that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post

The team we see on the pitch is a result of several poor signings by successive managers, who have almost entirely been able to miss the sort of deals that other SPL clubs on lower budgets have been able to find.

Mowbray generally bought well on a much lower budget than Collins, Mixu, and Yogi were afforded.

IMHO, the board have to do more in January than they've done previously or we are in serious danger of going down. They need to do whatever Calderwood wants with the squad, then prove their value by finding a way to fund it.

Petrie doesn't ick what players we sign, he doesn't wander around East Mains handing out contract extensions to players without asking the manager, which was what was being suggested, maybe your the 'simple' one if you didn't bother reading that bit.

Which maybe limits us to re-signing the dross that's taken us to where we are right now?

Petrie's job in terms of the infastructure is done now. IF we stay up he should step down and give way to someone with fire in their belly to take the club forward.

All IMHO of course.

What complete b***ocks.

RP may not do that now.

But I believe he did so during Mixu's time as manager.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I'm not going to lay blame at any managers fault. EVERY manager at Hibs has had the same problem, some have managed it better than others...

I have to say though, surely the time has to come when Petrie and the board has to realise we CANNOT keep selling our best players and replacing them with something of inferior quality.

What is happening now is exactly is what happens when you sell something and replace it with something which is cheaper, hello it's no any better.....

Petrie - You get rid of good players, you replace them with guff, but hey, they play in front of a nice looking stand. That'll be nice when we are playing in front of Morton or Partick Thistle...get a grip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post

Can't argue with that especially the last paragraph