Player ratings

Brown - 7/10 Decent game and is our best keeper
    Hart - 2/10 Slower than a week in the jail
    Hanlon 5/10 Won some decent balls but always covering for Hogg
    Hogg 0/10 Worst centre half I have ever seen at Hibs
    Grounds 2/10 Send him back to Middlesbrough not good enough
    Wotherspoon 7-10 Worked well with Deeks
    Murray 6/10 Worked hard and willing to fight
    Rankin 0/10 How he gets a game is beyond me truly auwful performance but nothing new.
    Miller 3/10 Should not get a new deal Prima Donna
    Deeks 7/10 Decent shift worked hard need to sign him up asap
    Trakys 6/10 Worked hard but nothing came off

If Petrie does not invest in January we will be in the 1st division next year. I feel for CC he has a bunch of players that really don't care and as far as I am concerned guys like Rankin, Hogg and Nish are wage thieves. No doubt I will get shot down for that comment but I really do feel that these guys do not care a jot about the team I love and based on this performance today I could be right. I just hope they were playing like a team that knows the writing is on the wall and have been told they are moving on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rankin 0/10 How he gets a game is beyond me truly auwful performance but nothing new.

If Petrie does not invest in January we will be in the 1st division next year. I feel for CC he has a bunch of players that really don't care and as far as I am concerned guys like Rankin, Hogg and Nish are wage thieves. No doubt I will get shot down for that comment but I really do feel that these guys do not care a jot about the team I love and based on this performance today I could be right. I just hope they were playing like a team that knows the writing is on the wall and have been told they are moving on.
    There will be very little investment in January so don't hold your breath mate. If anything, we may lose Sol Bamba and I wouldn't be surprised if cheeky bids come in for Derek.

Two players at most, and given Duffy and Zemmama, as well as Booth, Byrne and Welsh will be back fit and in the squad, it's an easy excuse for the board to say that they are "like 5 new signings".

We are on route to relegation. Have to say, not impressed with the team selection today, especially Hogg and Hanlon at the back. I wouldn't have either at the club. Saying that, if CC needs to know who he is getting rid off, all these defeats are making the decision very very very easy.

Wotherspoon, Riordan and Galbraith are the only players worthy of mention. The rest, awful.....simply awful. NO energy, drive, pace or invention. Hasn't been since Zemmama was injured. Until the wee man returns, and stays injury free, we are going to be continually awful to watch. Still, John Hughes saw that we needed a keeper school of 4 keepers on a really good wage, and about 6 centre halves to choose from in the squad, all with no real pace (Bamba aside)......oh and no real pace or strength at full back.......went with getting a player who had spent more time on the treatment table than game time..........quality manager

Hart - 3/10 Slower than a week in the jail but at least tries
    Hogg 0/10 Worst centre half I have ever seen at Hibs I'm way older than you but that performance was probably the worst of a CH I've seen - sold 2 goals and contrived to sell another 2
    Grounds 2/10 Send him back to Middlesbrough not good enough let him walk
    Wotherspoon 7-10 Worked well with Deeks and can beat an oponent
    Rankin 2/10 How he gets a game is beyond me truly auwful performance but nothing new. No worse than Grounds and played a part in the goal
    Miller 1/10 Should not get a new deal Prima Donna did nowt

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    There will be very little investment in January so don't hold your breath mate. If anything, we may lose Sol Bamba and I wouldn't be surprised if cheeky bids come in for Derek.

Two players at most, and given Duffy and Zemmama, as well as Booth, Byrne and Welsh will be back fit and in the squad, it's an easy excuse for the board to say that they are "like 5 new signings".

We are on route to relegation. Have to say, not impressed with the team selection today, especially Hogg and Hanlon at the back. I wouldn't have either at the club. Saying that, if CC needs to know who he is getting rid off, all these defeats are making the decision very very very easy.

Wotherspoon, Riordan and Galbraith are the only players worthy of mention. The rest, awful.....simply awful. NO energy, drive, pace or invention. Hasn't been since Zemmama was injured. Until the wee man returns, and stays injury free, we are going to be continually awful to watch. Still, John Hughes saw that we needed a keeper school of 4 keepers on a really good wage, and about 6 centre halves to choose from in the squad, all with no real pace (Bamba aside)......oh and no real pace or strength at full back.......went with getting a player who had spent more time on the treatment table than game time..........quality manager
    Yeah I have heard that CC is only looking to bring one player in January and if this is the case we have no chance. Very frustrating being a Hibs fan at the moment and I am dreading the Derby coming up. Normally looking forward to the Derby but it looks like the writing is on the wall for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    Hart - 3/10 Slower than a week in the jail but at least tries
    Hogg 0/10 Worst centre half I have ever seen at Hibs I'm way older than you but that performance was probably the worst of a CH I've seen - sold 2 goals and contrived to sell another 2
    Grounds 2/10 Send him back to Middlesbrough not good enough let him walk
    Wotherspoon 7-10 Worked well with Deeks and can beat an oponent
    Rankin 2/10 How he gets a game is beyond me truly auwful performance but nothing new. No worse than Grounds and played a part in the goal
    Miller 1/10 Should not get a new deal Prima Donna did nowt
    Yeah forgot about the Rankin build up for the goal. You will have to forgive me my eyes were bleeding at the time

:topmarks: completely agree with those ratings. My worry is Calderwood picked Hogg FFS

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Brown - 7
    Hart - 4
    Hanlon 5
    Hogg 2
    Grounds 4
    Wotherspoon 7 only threat we had
    Murray 6
    Rankin 1 he is appalling. He must have something on Petrie as I can't believe all these managers keep picking him. I cannot believe I have paid money to watch this idiot.
    Miller 5
    Deeks 3 what a lazy *******
    Trakys 5 poor

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    :topmarks: completely agree with those ratings. My worry is Calderwood picked Hogg FFS
    not only picked him but HE was F*************n Kaptain sad days to be a Hibee

Left by mutual consent!
    Brown - 8/10 - Some class saves

Hart - 3/10
    Hogg - 0.5/10 - .5 cos he was so ****ing ***** I started laughing
    Hanlon - 5/10
    Grounds - 2/10 - He pish btw

Rankin - 1/10 - How he didn't get subbed is unreal
    Murray - 5/10
    Miller - 2/10
    Wotherspoon - 6/10 - Looking like he's finding form again

Riordan - 6/10
    Trakys - 5/10

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Brown - 7
    Hart - 4 No better than any other of the dross we;ve had since Whits left
    Hanlon 5 -Hibs are the biggest club he'll play for
    Hogg 2- Cost one goal and almost 3. Vernon battered him silly for 90 mins.
    Grounds 1 - Pathetic.
    Wotherspoon 7 - Best Hibs player
    Murray 6 - Lost battle to Hartley. Missed sitter.
    Rankin 1- Done well to keep ball in play for Aberdeen's 2nd. Can F Off and F off now.
    Miller 5 - Neither good or bad- Sums up Miller for me
    Deeks 6 - Goal and set up Murray for chance at end. Number of times midfielders and defenders fail to play him in is shocking. 8 goals in a ****te team, imagine him with better supply.
    Trakys 5 - Average.

Calderwood - Uninspiring to the players and the fans it would seem. Unable to set up a team to not lose more than they do. Had doubts when appointed and more so now.

Yeah forgot about the Rankin build up for the goal. You will have to forgive me my eyes were bleeding at the time
    Rankin. Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day. He's utter murder.

First Team Breakthrough
    I have watched Hibs for over 50years and i have never seen such an inept bunch of garbage to wear the green and white. Not one player could take possession of the ball and make a 5yard pass, all they did today was lump it up the pitch. imposters like Miller, grounds and rankin, Hogg should booted out of Er pronto. We only had weatherspoon and Murruy plus the goalie who tried a leg the rest were an embarrestment. As for Calderwood he is no improvement on Yogi, with no tactics whatsoever. I fear the worst and relrgation is now a distinct possibility. Regarding Petrie and Farmer just go and allow some one with a football background to make appointments such as Manager funding etc. Rant over never felt so low as w Hibs fan.

Testimonial Due
    Brown - 7
    Hart - 4
    Hanlon - 5
    Hogg - 2
    Grounds 4
    Wotherspoon 7
    Murray 7
    Rankin 4
    Miller 5
    Deeks 4
    Trakys 6

Galbraith - 2
    Nish - 2

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Brown - 7
    Hart- 3
    Hogg- 1
    Hanlon- 5
    Grounds- 2

Murray- 6
    Miller- 3
    Rankin- 3
    Wotherspoon-7 Hibs' MOTM

Riordan- 6
    Trakys- 5

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Brown - 7
    Hart - 2
    Hanlon - 3
    Hogg - 1
    Grounds - 2
    Wotherspoon 7
    Murray 5
    Rankin 2
    Miller 3
    Deeks 4
    Trakys 4

Galbraith - 4
    Nish - 1

Brown- 7

Grounds- 2
    Hanlon- 2
    Hogg- 0
    Hart- 2

Murray- 5
    Miller- 3
    Rankin- 0
    Wotherspoon- 8

Riordan- 4
    Trakys- 2

Galbraith- 6
    Nish- 1

Blog Entries
    Brown - 7
    Hart- 3
    Hogg- 2
    Hanlon- 6
    Grounds- 4

Murray- 4
    Miller- 3
    Rankin- 4
    Wotherspoon-7

Riordan- 4
    Trakys- 5

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Brown - 7
    Hart- 3
    Hogg- 2
    Hanlon- 6
    Grounds- 4

Murray- 4
    Miller- 3
    Rankin- 4
    Wotherspoon-7

Riordan- 4
    Trakys- 5

I'll have 2 pints of whatever your drinking please

Brown....7.....Could do nowt about the goals, made 2 very good saves, 1 a certain goal, bit of miscommunication now and then.
    Hart....5...very slow, always struggling with pace
    Hogg....1.....gifted the first goal and contived to almost give them a 2nd when he tried a fancy flick, needs to go asap his time is up.
    Hanlon....6...Tried hard but up against it when Hogg is your partner, didn't do much wrong.
    Grounds....3.....caught ball watcing all too oftena nd was done for pace time and time again in the 2nd half, couldn't pass if his life depended on it.

Spoony....6.....worked fairly hard all game, a couple of half chances but at leasy tried
    Murray....8....Worked his socks of and played a captains part even although he wasn't captain.
    Miller....3.....Mr anonymous, was he actually on the field today, if he's not up for it then time for him to move on also.
    Rankin......3.....Chicken and headless springs to mind, he was also covering for Miller most of the match due to Miller being posted awol

Trakys....7....decent shift from the big guy, give the team a more physical presence and puts himself about, links up well with Deek
    Deek....7....See above.....unfortunately missed his goal as I went for a pee and a bovril 2 mins before half time, doh!

Galbraith.....6....Looked lively when he came on, at least willing to take a man on
    Nish...1....did nothing when he came on, apart from giving away 3 fouls/1 header which went to no-one and a half a dozen misplaced flick ons therwise the usual from him.

referee....3.....Somehow forgot to give a booking for a blatant dive, pulled up the Sheep player and gave him a telling off for his challange on Galbraith, then proceeded to give a throw in and obviously thought deliberate hand balls on many occasions aren't bookable offenses, usaual crap from our refs.

Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    Brown....7.....Could do nowt about the goals, made 2 very good saves, 1 a certain goal, bit of miscommunication now and then.
    Hogg....1.....gifted the first goal and contived to almost give them a 2nd when he tried a fancy flick, needs to go asap his time is up.
    Hanlon....6...Tried hard but up against it when Hogg is your partner, didn't do much wrong.
    Grounds....3.....caught ball watcing all too oftena nd was done for pace time and time again in the 2nd half, couldn't pass if his life depended on it.

Spoony....6.....worked fairly hard all game, a couple of half chances but at leasy tried
    Murray....8....Worked his socks of and played a captains part even although he wasn't captain.
    Miller....3.....Mr anonymous, was he actually on the field today, if he's not up for it then time for him to move on also.
    Rankin......3.....Chicken and headless springs to mind, he was also covering for Miller most of the match due to Miller being posted awol

Trakys....7....decent shift from the big guy, give the team a more physical presence and puts himself about, links up well with Deek
    Deek....7....See above.....unfortunately missed his goal as I went for a pee and a bovril 2 mins before half time, doh!

Galbraith.....6....Looked lively when he came on, at least willing to take a man on
    Nish...1....did nothing when he came on, apart from giving away 3 fouls/1 header which went to no-one and a half a dozen misplaced flick ons therwise the usual from him.

referee....3.....Somehow forgot to give a booking for a blatant dive, pulled up the Sheep player and gave him a telling off for his challange on Galbraith, then proceeded to give a throw in and obviously thought deliberate hand balls on many occasions aren't bookable offenses, usaual crap from our refs.
    I agree referee was poor today,should've been a walk in the park for him but gave an offside against Riordan in the 1st half as he thought that the asst would flag, only when the ref turned around and seen the asst still with his flag down did he communicate for him to raise his flag. Shambles.

The one with Galbraith, you cant give a free kick when the ball is out of play and throw in was the correct decision.

Brown - 7, pulled off a number of good saves
    Hart- 2, this was the first link in a series of problems with the back 4
    Hogg- 0 utter dross, like a fart in a spacesuit
    Hanlon- 4 covering for Hogg made his job harder, missed Bamba beside him
    Grounds- 2, like fitting square wheels to your car

Murray- 6, should have been captain,
    Miller- 3 i actually didn't realise that he was playing for the first 30 mins,
    Rankin- 1 awful,
    Wotherspoon-7 Hibs best player by a country mile, another few in this mold please

Riordan- 6 what can you do if the rest of the players (bar Spoonie and Trakys) can't supply you with anything
    Trakys- 6 never gave up, shame he had to go off

Subs
    Galbraith- 6 did his best
    Nish - 5 not the impact player

Brown - 8 best goaly in a long time
    Hart - 3 useless
    hogg - 0 why was he even playing?
    hanlon - 5
    grounds - 3 sooner he leaves the better
    murray - 6
    miller - 5
    rankin - 1 hopeless
    Wotherspoon - 8 motm for hibs
    Riordan 6
    Trakys - 5

Galbraith - 6 looked lively
    Nish - 2 he missed the ball at one point! sums it up for me

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    I agree referee was poor today,should've been a walk in the park for him but gave an offside against Riordan in the 1st half as he thought that the asst would flag, only when the ref turned around and seen the asst still with his flag down did he communicate for him to raise his flag. Shambles.

The one with Galbraith, you cant give a free kick when the ball is out of play and throw in was the correct decision.
    That was an absolute joke. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post

The Aberdeen player made a rash challenge on Galbraith resulting in the player going down, to all and sundry it looked like a free kick on the touchline, he then pulled the player across and geve him a lecture, hence we were all surprised when a throw in was given, if there's no foul then you don't have to speak to the player about it.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    How you can give Rankin lower than Miller is beyond me, he set up our goal and, although he made that mistake for their second he didnt have much choice but to attempt to clear it or give away a corner.

Miller had his worst game for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    The Aberdeen player made a rash challenge on Galbraith resulting in the player going down, to all and sundry it looked like a free kick on the touchline, he then pulled the player across and geve him a lecture, hence we were all surprised when a throw in was given, if there's no foul then you don't have to speak to the player about it.
    Of course you can still talk to the player, he's fouled a player off the ball.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC

Agree with most of that. Think Deek is lucky with a 7 though, his first touch just now is very poor but he's getting our goals and I'm thankful for that!

Generally, I thought Wotherspoon was out best player today. Hanlon also was tidy and composed - I still think he'll be a good centre back for years to come. Brown is also someone I am confident having between the sticks.

Hoog was obviously dire, Hart doesn't have the ability for the SPL anymore, our centre mids were all very poor as they have been all season and show nothing to suggest that contract renewal is merited - Miller included. Trakys is a decent player, for me preferable to Nishy but I feel if we saw him playing for another team we wouldn't think that we should be signing him. Murray had a decent game as well but sometimes I think he takes too long to decide what he's going to do with the ball when it comes to him in midfield, and ends up playing a rushed pass.

Galbraith really did look like he could do something when he came on - I'd have him playing that role every week.

The ball was out of play though when the challenge on DG was made. There was still a requirement to speak to the Aberdeen player and perhaps even a yellow card but to be honest i'd rather talk about Hibs today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post
    I'll have 2 pints of whatever your drinking please
    Coffee - Milk & Sugar? or are you a black man

@hibs.net private member
    Brown - 8 Hibs best player saved us from a tanking
    Hart -5 struggled again but with no right midfield left isolated
    Hanlon 5 seems to have lost his confidence
    Hogg 2 excuse for a football player. P45 is a must
    Grounds 4 suffered from having no left midfielder playing front of him
    Wotherspoon 7 Played his heart out.
    Murray 4 tackles when he can get close but his best days behind him
    Rankin 3 why he is at ER never mind playing is baffling
    Miller 4 tried to link up play but surround with anti players
    Deeks 5 needs to work harder played the Nish always offside all the time role well
    Trakys 5 put himself about but not a goal scorer

Galbraith 3 flatters to deceive, sure there is player in there
    Nish 2 did nothing

Calderwood 3 picked the wrong team and formation. I have not seen anything that suggests he is any better than Mixu or Yogi but its early door but the clock is ticking

hibs fans 5 sang more about Hartley/Yams than Hibs
    Last edited by lucky; 26-12-2010 at 06:19 PM.