hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John rankin

John rankin

Spoke to a workmate who is a close friend of John Rankin and he told me that Rankin is looking for a move south, he said he feels that with the young family he has now he needs a club that will give him a more financial security and that Preston NE are the most likely candidates. I was really surprised at this because as far as i am concerned on his performances so far this season i would think he would be lucky to get a club in the SFL, i wonder what you fellow posters think?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by harry-hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoke to a workmate who is a close friend of John Rankin and he told me that Rankin is looking for a move south, he said he feels that with the young family he has now he needs a club that will give him a more financial security and that Preston NE are the most likely candidates. I was really surprised at this because as far as i am concerned on his performances so far this season i would think he would be lucky to get a club in the SFL, i wonder what you fellow posters think?
    Rankin's got a great attitude.

Unfortunately he is massively flawed when it comes to the technical side of the game.

I think he'd do a decent job at a lower league SPL team ( I realise that we are a lower league team currently) , but if we want to progress under CC we can't rely on players like Rankin.

As far as moving to the championship, I can't see it. But good luck to him if it's true.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Interesting to note that Rankin will more than likely hit 100 league appearances for Hibs this season, provided he doesn't leave in January.

He's no wage thief, he gives his all and has given us a couple breathtaking moments - squiggler, anyone? - but his technical ability at this level is mediocre at best and a move away is probably the best option for both parties.

Coaching Staff
    Rankin gets too much undeserved criticism. There are several charlatans in the squad but he ain't one of then. I hope he gets his move to a more receptive and supportive club.

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    bye bye john, thanks for the squiggler......but not the 342 ties you tried it after

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Cobra View Post
    bye bye john, thanks for the squiggler......but not the 342 ties you tried it after
    whats the old saying.......One swallow doesn't make a summer?

good luck in your "south" journey got a feeling you won't be there long

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    If he thinks he can get more money elsewhere then I pray he takes it.

A couple of great goals doesn't make a player.

Good luck to him but I'll not miss him.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Maybe he could sign for Queen of the South? or the reincarnation of Gretna? One of the poorest players I have seen in my life and not worth paying money to go and watch.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Rankin gets too much undeserved criticism. There are several charlatans in the squad but he ain't one of then. I hope he gets his move to a more receptive and supportive club.
    I agree.

Some of the abuse he receives is entirely unjustified. If the rest of the current squad had his attitude we wouldn't be languishing in the lower reaches of the SPL.

Not the most gifted but never gives less that 100%

Left by mutual consent!
    Preston I'd have thought they'd be trying tae sign players capable of keeping them up or at least getting them back up if they go down.

Rankin might get a game for Preston if they drop three seasons running but personally I couldnae care where he goes as long as he's no here
    Last edited by Saorsa; 26-12-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    I agree.

Some of the abuse he receives is entirely unjustified. If the rest of the current squad had his attitude we wouldn't be languishing in the lower reaches of the SPL.

Not the most gifted but never gives less that 100%
    I couldnt give a monkeys what type of attitude he has, I base my opinion on players ability first and foremost. You can of course feel free to be content with mediocrity and finishing in lower half of a dreadful league.

Rankin wasnt even a stand out at ICT and should never have been signed. How this guy was at Man Utd I will never know.

I would never abuse him but happy to air my views on a messageboard.

He will thankfully be one of the many cleared out.....and I wouldnt be surprised to see him sign for Preston (Athletic)

Cracking post by the way!!

Good luck to him but we need someone who is a) more consistant and b) better with the ball

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    I couldnt give a monkeys what type of attitude he has, I base my opinion on players ability first and foremost. You can of course feel free to be content with mediocrity and finishing in lower half of a dreadful league.

Rankin wasnt even a stand out at ICT and should never have been signed. How this guy was at Man Utd I will never know.

I would never abuse him but happy to air my views on a messageboard.

He will thankfully be one of the many cleared out.....and I wouldnt be surprised to see him sign for Preston (Athletic)

Cracking post by the way!!

If there's any truth in this, the game is in a worst state than I thought.

Running around like a headless chicken would now be seen as an attribute worth paying money for.

Best of luck to the lad, and any team that takes him on.

this is great news

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    If Rankin does depart next month, it'll be with my best wishes. I've met him a couple times and he seems a thoroughly decent guy, and a model pro. He's not the most technically gifted player in the squad, but he's never posted missing, gives his all and has gave the club a few great moments. There are several tossers currently at the club i'd happily see emptied before JR, particularly the knobheads masquerading as professional athletes you find up the town at the weekend.

@hibs.net private member
    JR gives his all every time he plays, unfortunately that is not enough. He is technically very poor and contributes little in most games. However i wish him every success going forward and away from Hibs

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only thing that is going south is his form.

If we give this imposter a new contract I'll not renew. I'm not paying anymore money to watch him

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    The only thing that is going south is his form.

If we give this imposter a new contract I'll not renew. I'm not paying anymore money to watch him
    him and the rest of the ******* can get to ****

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd actually carry this useless wee **** down south, barefoot!

Terrible, terrible, terrible person..

He's never a footballer

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post
    I'd actually carry this useless wee **** down south, barefoot!

Terrible, terrible, terrible person..

He's never a footballer
    Is there any need in that?

He's a crap footballer, hardly a "terrible person"

Preston NE oh ma sides He is living in a world of make believe if he honestly thinks he will get a move there. sfl player at best but who would want him

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Is there any need in that?

He's a crap footballer, hardly a "terrible person"
    If you put your scrapbook of JR down for a minute you might realise I worded it that way as I don't think you can class RANKin as a footballer..

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post
    If you put your scrapbook of JR down for a minute you might realise I worded it that way as I don't think you can class RANKin as a footballer..
    What are you on about?

Preston Athletic you mean, right?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    Preston NE oh ma sides He is living in a world of make believe if he honestly thinks he will get a move there. sfl player at best but who would want him
    they all are, they think they are footballers

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    Preston Athletic you mean, right?
    Prestonpans amatuers more likely

this guy has an inflate idea about his quality.

he is keek - get rid CC

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    I'll send my ST back if Rankin get's a new contract, I mean what's the point if this is what our manager see's as a player to take us forward.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    I'll send my ST back if Rankin get's a new contract, I mean what's the point if this is what our manager see's as a player to take us forward.
    I'm with you on that one