hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough MCameron's Avatar

Derby in Perthshire

Hi I'm in Kirkmichael, near Blairgowrie/Pitlochry for New Year. Does anyone know any pubs in the vicinity with ESPN?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Pretty sure McKay's in Pitlochry will be showing it. They have plenty screens, if not though The Old Mill might do it.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MCameron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi I'm in Kirkmichael, near Blairgowrie/Pitlochry for New Year. Does anyone know any pubs in the vicinity with ESPN?
    Last time I looked, there is a hotel in Kirkmichael, wouldn't fancy driving to Pitlochry in the snow.

First Team Breakthrough MCameron's Avatar
    Thanks - the kirkmichael hotel doesn't have ESPN

Blog Entries
    Thanks - the kirkmichael hotel doesn't have ESPN
    Surprised it's got electricity tbh. There will be plenty of pubs in Blair that will have it, also might be worth checking out the hotel at Bridge of Cally (half way between Blair and Kirkmichael).

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Surprised it's got electricity tbh. There will be plenty of pubs in Blair that will have it, also might be worth checking out the hotel at Bridge of Cally (half way between Blair and Kirkmichael).
    I get the impression the Bridge of Cally Hotel is more geared for the golfing, fishing and land rover fraternity. They might do ESPN for the golfing right enough.

But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I get the impression the Bridge of Cally Hotel is more geared for the golfing, fishing and land rover fraternity. They might do ESPN for the golfing right enough.

Never been in it, but a glance at the car park when I've driven past, bears out what you are saying.

What about the Spittal of Glenshee? It's not too far from Kirkmichael IIRC.

Blog Entries
    Kirkmichael in this weather...its lovely but the road to Pitlochry is challenging in July....the snow poles down half its length are not for show

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Fisher's bar is where I usually go, but the New Year Street party will be in full swing outside it (Anybody fancy strip the willow in this weather??) McKay's would be better this time, but I prefer Fisher's. The road from Kirkmichael to Pitlochry was used all day today as the south bound diversion to bypass the pile up at Dunkeld, so the road will be fine unless there is another heavy snow fall.

I'll be in Edinburgh though, weather permitting.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    What about the Spittal of Glenshee?
    Two hotels I know of at Spittal of Glenshee, the big posh one down the country lane and the one for the peasants just off the main road. I wouldn't think either would be geared for football but you never know.

I believe that the one off the main road is now owned by Asians and has, by all accounts, really gone downhill. Not saying this is down to the new owners, it may have been on a "slippery slope" (please excuse the pun) for a while.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    Two hotels I know of at Spittal of Glenshee, the big posh one down the country lane and the one for the peasants just off the main road. I wouldn't think either would be geared for football but you never know.

I believe that the one off the main road is now owned by Asians and has, by all accounts, really gone downhill. Not saying this is down to the new owners, it may have been on a "slippery slope" (please excuse the pun) for a while.
    It was Stevie but looks to have changed hands again. Was shocking when Asians ran it and I would say it was down to them. One of my regular biking stops so I am there quite a lot in the summer. They do have a projector and big screen but never seen football on it even on a Sunday when there was defo a game on.

To the OP - have you tried phoning round?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    Fisher's bar is where I usually go, but the New Year Street party will be in full swing outside it (Anybody fancy strip the willow in this weather??) McKay's would be better this time, but I prefer Fisher's. The road from Kirkmichael to Pitlochry was used all day today as the south bound diversion to bypass the pile up at Dunkeld, so the road will be fine unless there is another heavy snow fall.

I'll be in Edinburgh though, weather permitting.
    I forgot McNab's bar at Scotland's Hotel, I think they have ESPN as well. I would still recommend McKay's though.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Me and the laddie and a local Kenmore Hibee will be watching the game in the Kenmore Hotel, Kenmore, Aberfeldy. You are very welcome to join us but not so handy for you as it is about 15 miles+ from where you are
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 25-12-2010 at 10:38 PM.